Casey Memorial Library
72nd St. & 761st Tank Battalion Ave, bldg 3202
Circulation: (254) 287-4921
Reference: (254) 287-5202
Public Services: (254) 287-2716
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday 10am - 8pm
Friday 10am - 6pm
Saturday 10am - 6pm
Sunday 12 - 8pm
Library Annex Computer Lab
Monday through Thursday 8am – 5pm
Friday 8am – 12pm
Saturday and Sunday – Closed
Casey Memorial Library is open to the military and civilian personnel of Fort Hood and the Central Texas Community. Customers must be at least 16 years old and show a military ID card, or proof of Social Security Number and a picture ID, to register. Sponsors can register younger family members.
CHECK OUTS: All checked out items are due back to the library in 21 days. Reference items and periodicals cannot be checked out. Patrons with items overdue more than 5 days cannot checkout until all overdue items are returned. Patrons are responsible for lost or damaged items. Sponsors are responsible for items checked out by their family members.
RENEWALS: Most items may be renewed for an additional 21 days if the item is no more than 5 days overdue and is not on hold for another patron. Renewals may be made over the phone by calling 287-4921. Renew items online by creating a library account at
Test study guides and eBooks are the only items that cannot be renewed.
- 5 Non-Fiction items per call number
- 6 Entertainment & Children’s Books-on-Cassette & Books-on-CD
- 6 Music CD’s
- 10 Entertainment & Children’s DVDs
- 2 Children’s Videos (yellow labels)
- 2 Children’s Book-and-Cassette Kits or CD kits (in bags)
- Unlimited Fiction (includes adult, young adult, children, and popular paperback)
A hold may be placed for an item currently checked out. The patron will be notified by phone when the item is returned. Test study guides are the only items that cannot be placed on hold.
Interlibrary Loan services for books not carried in our collection are available at the Reference Desk. Call 287-5202 for details.
RULES OF CONDUCT IN THE LIBRARY:
- Please keep volume of voices and noises low.
- Children 10 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No food or beverages allowed except bottled water.
- No use of tobacco products allowed.
- Minimum cell phone use
- No use of external memory devices (flash drives, CD’s, DVD’s, connection to smart phones, etc.) allowed on library computers.