Looking for the best hiking pants for your upcoming adventures? Here are the Best 15 hiking pants for women that never leave you regret buying. Read on here!
Hiking has become an all-year-round outdoor sport for women to enjoy due to its tremendous benefits to both physical and mental health. The best hiking pants crafted for female hikers emphasize not only quality but also styles so that active women Shopping for the most suitable hiking pants that can boost your performance on the trails is as important as preparing mentally for them.
Hiking pants play an important role in protecting your legs from natural hazards, like poisonous animals, thorny bushes, rocks, cuts, scrapes, dangerous chemicals as well as sun rays. Plus, they often help cool or warm your body should you hike during hot or freezing climates. Hiking can always look stunning while playing any outdoor sports.
Hiking pants can either complement or ruin your whole adventures. That is why there are certain criteria the best hiking pants must have to make your hikes as pleasant as possible. Protection, comfortability, durability are the top three must-have qualities. Then, depending on your intended usages, you can select hiking pants that are lightweight, quick-dry, heat-insulated, breathable, and fashionable.
Just like how hiking is becoming an increasingly popular sport, the production of hiking wears expands in both number and variety. Hiking pants for women can be categorized into types of lengths (long, shorts, convertible), types of fit (form-fitted or relaxed fitted), types of climates (hot, cold, year-round), types of protection (waterproof, windproof, sun protection, heat insulation), and price points.
Besides, I’ve written a related article about the best lightweight tactical pants here.
Table of Contents
- What are the Best Hiking Pants for Women?
- Best Hiking Pants for Women – Comparison Chart
- Top 15 Best Hiking Pants for Women Reviews 2021
- Best for Overall: ARCTIX Women’s Insulated Snow Pants
- Best for Stylish: RDRUKO Women’s Hiking Insulated Pants
- Best for Lightweight: Little Donkey Andy Women’s Ultra-Stretch Lightweight Pants
- Best for Convertible: BALEAF Women’s Hiking Convertible Cargo Pants
- Best for Waterproof: FREE SOLDIER Women’s Waterproof Skiing Pants
- Best for Rains: Columbia Women’s Waterproof Rain Pant
- Best for Hot Weather, Summer: Eddie Bauer Women’s Guide Pro Pants
- Best for Cold Weather, Winter: Jessie Kidden Women’s Hiking Skiing Pants
- Best for Fall Weather: MOCOLY Women’s Cargo Hiking Pants
- Best for All weather: Nonwe Women’s Convertible Cargo Pants
- Best for Slim Fit: BenBoy Women’s Outdoor Slim Cargo Pants
- Best for Curvy Figures: Toomett Women’s Snow Pants
- Best for Big Thighs: Toomett Women’s Safari Cargo Pants
- Best for Overweight: Columbia Women’s Plus Size Back Beauty Pants
- Best for Budget: prAna Women’s Halle Pant Inseam Pants
- Women’s Hiking Pants Consideration: How to Choose Good Hiking Pants for Women?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- My Top Picks
What are the Best Hiking Pants for Women?
The best hiking pants for women are ARCTIX Women’s Insulated Snow Pants and Eddie Bauer Women’s Guide Pro Pants because they possess exceptional quality fabric, full protection, and a stylish look that will make you fall in love at the first sight. Besides, prAna Women’s Halle Pant Inseam Pants has the best performance yet at an affordable price tag.
For your convenience, here is the list of top 15 best Hiking Pants for Women that you can take a glance at:
Best Overall: ARCTIX Women’s Insulated Snow Pants
“Heat retention, water-resistance, windproof, high-quality fabric, roomy compartments, adjustable waist”
Best for Stylish: RDRUKO Women’s Hiking Insulated Pants
“Fashionable, skinny fit, straight cut, multiple zippered pockets, soft fleece lining, elegant color blocks”
Best for Lightweight: Little Donkey Andy Women’s Ultra-Stretch Pants
“Ultralight, drawstring for easy pull-on, ankle-length, versatile uses, multi-dimensional stretchy, waterproof and wrinkle-free”
Best for Convertible: BALEAF Women’s Hiking Cargo Pants
“Quick and simple conversion to shorts, structured form, high-waisted, professional appearance, premium fabric, waterproof and windproof”
Best for Waterproof: FREE SOLDIER Women’s Skiing Pants
“Premium water resistance and wind resistance, quilt insulation, multiple large pockets, drawstring cuffs, professional appearance “
Best for Rain: Columbia Women’s Waterproof Pant
“Water repellent fabric, Omni-shield coating for a stainless look, mesh lining for breathability and warmth, pull-on design, boot cut for rain boots”
Best for Hot Weather, Summer: Eddie Bauer Women’s Guide Pro Pants
“Breezy fabric, minimalistic style, classic fit for a professional look, front and back roomy pockets, highly waterproof, a high degree of sun protection”
Best for Cold Weather, Winter: Jessie Kidden Women’s Hiking Skiing Pants
“Premium heat insulation, soft fleece lining, water-resistance, button closure, and smooth zippers, belt loops, articulated knee design for ultimate comfortability”
Best for Fall Weather: MOCOLY Women’s Cargo Hiking Pants
“Breathable fabric, lightweight materials, comfy fit, cuff bottoms complemented by cord locks, large compartments for personal items, smooth YKK zippers”
Best for All weathers: Nonwe Women’s Convertible Cargo Pants
“Lightweight, wicking, stretchy enough for wide range of motions, convertible to shorts for hot weathers, water resistance and warmth for rainy and cold climate”
Best for Slim Fit: BenBoy Women’s Outdoor Cargo Pants
“Skinny fit, darts and patchwork knees, elastic adjustable waist for extra comfort, fleece lining for warmth, good-quality fabric for wear resistance, waterproof, and scratch-free”
Best for Curvy figures: Toomett Women’s Snow Pants
“Hug your curves nicely, partial elastic waistband, slim fit and high-rise style for the balanced look of the lower body, wear-resistant, fleece lining for warmth”
Best for Big Thighs: Toomett Women’s Safari Cargo Pants
“Built for athletic legs, semi-elastic waistband, non-restrictive fabric, super comfy at thighs, lightweight and wicking”
Best for Overweight: Columbia Women’s Plus Size Back Beauty Pants
“Plus sizes, pull-on style, loose fit, flexible yet structured fabric, boot cut, super comfortable, minimalistic details”
Best for Budget: prAna Women’s Halle Pant Inseam Pants
“Versatile usages, roll-up features for Capri and shorts conversions, articulated knees, stretchy and breathable, water repellent, high level of sun protection”
Best Hiking Pants for Women – Comparison Chart
Before diving into details of each product, I would like to give you an overview of some basic information; it’s vital to tell the difference between them:
|Best Hiking Pants for Women||It’s Best for||Materials||Sizes|
|ARCTIX Women’s Insulated Snow Pants||Best Overall||Polyester||XS-4X|
|RDRUKO Women’s Hiking Insulated Pants||Best for Stylish||Polyester, Spandex||XS-2X|
|Little Donkey Andy Women’s Ultra-Stretch Lightweight Pants||Best for Lightweight||Nylon, Spandex||XS-XL|
|BALEAF Women’s Hiking Convertible Cargo Pants||Best for Convertible||Evo fabric||S-2X|
|FREE SOLDIER Women’s Waterproof Skiing Pants||Best for Waterproof||Polyester lining, Polyester shell||XS-XL|
|Columbia Women’s Waterproof Rain Pant||Best for Rain||Polyester lining, Nylon shell||XS-3X|
|Eddie Bauer Women’s Guide Pro Pants||Best for Hot weather, Summer||Nylon, Spandex||0-24|
|Jessie Kidden Women’s Hiking Skiing Pants||Best for Cold weather, Winter||Polyester, Spandex||26-40|
|MOCOLY Women’s Cargo Hiking Pants||Best for Fall||Polyester, Elastane||S-2X|
|Nonwe Women’s Convertible Cargo Pants||Best for All weather||N/A||X-2X|
|BenBoy Women’s Outdoor Slim Cargo Pants||Best for Slim fit||Polyester, Spandex||XS-3X, petite, tall|
|Toomett Women’s Snow Pants||Best for Curvy Figures||Polyester||26-40|
|Toomett Women’s Safari Cargo Pants||Best for Big thighs||Polyester, Spandex||26-38|
|Columbia Women’s Plus Size Back Beauty Pants||Best for Overweight||Polyester, Elastane||S-3X|
|prAna Women’s Halle Pant Inseam Pants||Best for Budget||Nylon,Spandex||0-32|
Top 15 Best Hiking Pants for Women Reviews 2021
In this section, I will provide a detailed review of the best 15 Hiking Pants for women. Each review will have product key features, product specifications, pros, and cons.
Let’s jump right in, shall we?
Best for Overall: ARCTIX Women’s Insulated Snow Pants
- Wide and adjustable waistband completed by belt loops
- Double buttons accompanied with zipper fly
- Spacious front pockets with hidden zipper closure
- Straight-cut style
- Zipper-closed side slits
- Advanced external shell plus complex multi-layered design
|Regular inseam||31 in.|
The Arctix Women’s Insulated Snow Pants is the best hiking pants overall for women because they offer high-quality insulation while not limiting the flexibility and mobility needed for outdoor activities. To prove that, I will further examine the following features.
Arctix Women’s Insulated Snow Pants is purposely built for active women. Offered in a variety of colors, those pants are for all ages and preferences. 100% Polyester material also allows the pants to dry out quickly and makes them more resistant to both abrasion and wrinkles.
Though the pants may seem thick and heavy, it is thoughtfully made from lightweight fabric. Not only are those pants effective at releasing moisture, so sweat won’t leave an itchy and sticky feeling on your skin, but they are also comfy-fit to allow freedom of movement.
Thankfully, Arctix truly understands women’s struggles. Who wants to wear tight and bulky pants for hiking? That is why Arctix does the best to improve the comfortability of their hiking pants. Adjustable waist and belt loops allow personal customization for a comfy fit, making it suitable for varying body figures, especially an hourglass one.
Ladies! Those pants have zippered front pockets, which are perfect to hold phones, wallets, tools, or little snacks. They are also heat insulated to keep your legs warm in a cold climate. Whilst they smartly stop the wind, water, and snow from leaking in to ensure 100% protection. The full protection makes them the best hiking pants for women.
As being made waterproof and stainproof, they are worry-free pants when it comes to getting on dust, mud, or dirty substances. They are also machine washable for an easy caring process.
- Straight cut and adjustable waist provides comfortable-fit
- Lightweight fabric designed to support all outdoor activities
- Stretching materials facilitates a full range of motions
- Zippered pockets for tools and personal items
- Heat-trapping technology for a great degree of warmth
- Sturdy coating provides protection and resistance from water, wind, and snow
- Pants may run long
Best for Stylish: RDRUKO Women’s Hiking Insulated Pants
- Waistband with elastic on both sides together with a belt
- Two zippered front pockets, one left-leg zippered pocket, and one back pocket with hidden zipper closure
- Straight, skinny fit
- Elegant color block design complimented by stitches lines at knee areas
- Fleece lining
- Water and wind resistance fabric
Rarely do you find stylish and not so bulky hiking pants. Let’s all face it. Women love to look attractive even when playing outdoor sports. Rdruko Women’s Hiking Insulated Pants are all it takes to achieve a fashionable look while keeping our legs warm and free to move on hiking days.
The smart color block and stitches splicing design truly embraces the hip area and creates an illusion of skinnier thighs. Unlike traditional wide-cut hiking pants, Rdruko Hiking Insulated Pants opts for a skinny fit and softshell, which tactfully provides a less heavy appearance.
Having only the sides made elastic plus a conventional button-zip closure, Rdruko pants maintain their professional look whilst offering tightness adjustment and significant comfortability. While Polyester enables wrinkle-free and quick-drying characteristics, the Spandex component is intended to allow a wide range of body movements.
The durable fabric importantly blocks hazards from water, wind, and snow. They also do a decent job of retaining heat with the fleece lining. Thus, no matter what activities you plan to do in Winter, be it skiing, snowboarding, hiking, trekking, camping, etc., Rdruko Hiking Insulated Pants will perform an excellent job to keep you dry and warm at all times.
They are also machining-friendly for easy care.
- Less bulky looking than conventional hiking pants
- Sophisticated color block design embraces female body figures
- Fabric is water repellent and windproof for rainy and snowy weathers
- A generous number of pockets for convenience
- The soft fleecing element for heat insulation
- Machine washable for easy caring process
- Skinny fit may feel tight
Best for Lightweight: Little Donkey Andy Women’s Ultra-Stretch Lightweight Pants
- Drawstring, elastic closure for easy and quick pull-on
- Backside and side-leg thin hems
- Two opened front pockets and two smooth leg pockets with zipper closure
- Regular fit and ankle length
- Multi-dimension stretching fabric
- Quick-drying and light materials
There is no doubt that a high-quality pair of hiking pants must protect our legs from natural hazards as well as provide a high level of comfortability. What’s worse than tiring our legs with heavy pants for hours, even days of hiking?
When it comes to lightweight hiking pants, it is hard to beat Little Donkey Andy Women’s Ultra-Stretch Lightweight Pants. They are the best lightweight hiking pants both because of the materials used and the great versatility of usages.
The ankle-length design will be adored by the petite women as it is the perfect length of pants for a proportional and taller look. Thanks to the back and side hems, the lower body will look super flattered.
Being composed of Nylon, a fabric that is well-known for lightness property and wear resistance, Donkey Andy pants possess the superior lightweight advantage.Together with their ultra-stretchiness, they facilitate all outdoor activities for a long-range period.
Undoubtedly, they will be your best friends on any Summer and Fall hikes.The casual design also makes it appropriate for both sport and everyday wear.
What makes Doney Andy’s hiking pants the best lightweight and a must-item in women’s closet is that they are excellent at releasing moisture so that our skin won’t feel stingy and irritated under the impact of sweat and heat.
The cute cargo pockets with zipper closure are meant to provide security of valuables items such as phones, wallets, or keys. The strength of the fabric also prevents injuries in case of falling and stumbling
The quick-dry materials make washing super fast. It is also easy to sweep off dust and mud thanks to the advanced fabric.
- The majority of Nylon in materials used contributes to the pants’ lightness
- Quick at drying out and releasing moisture for a comfortable feel
- A large proportion of Spandex improves flexibility and mobility
- Zippered pockets provide security for personal items
- Drawstring closure offers fast pull-on and comfort
- The casual design makes it suitable for various occasions
- Ankle-length may not protect the ankles
Best for Convertible: BALEAF Women’s Hiking Convertible Cargo Pants
- Button and zip-fly closure
- Hidden zippers at right above the knees to convert to shorts
- The waistband has belt-loops and includes elastic sides
- Two large front pockets, two seamless back pockets and two covered leg pockets
- Straight-leg and loose-cut design
- Lightweight, quick-dry, and flexible fabric
How about buying one pair of pants for two different styles? Convertible hiking pants can do the trick. Not all hiking or camping adventures require long pants which may feel hot and heavy. Hiking shorts are an option, but convertible pants are even better options. Convertible pants mean that they can be worn as long or short bottoms.
Specifically, for hiking purposes, BALEAF Women’s Hiking Convertible Cargo Pants are the best convertible among all because they have a perfect amount of stretchiness, quick-dry characteristic, and super simple conversion.
Baleaf pants have a converting zipper right above the knees, which eliminates the tight fold and provides comfort at the knees. That also makes an appropriate length for the shorts where it is not too short to protect legs and not too long to lose all the desired relaxation of hiking shorts. For an even cooler look and feel, they can be easily folded up.
To serve all outdoor activities well, Baleaf applies advanced fabric to shorten the drying time, allow air to come in while quickly releasing moisture inside. Unlike leggings, the materials are strong and firm enough to create a relatively formal look. Therefore, those pants can be worn for hiking, camping, golfing, as well as traveling and work
Baleaf boasts a high degree of Sun Protection technology in their hiking pants. Women are guaranteed to be protected from not only bugs and poisonous animals, but also sunburn and UV radiation that worsens their skin condition.
Given their ability to prevent 98% of harmful sunlight, they are the must-have item for Summer hiking trips.
They are offered in many solid dark colors, which makes them look neat and clean for outdoor activities. They are also easy to wash in a machine.
- Simple conversion to shorts
- Convenient structure of pockets with zippers and Velcro
- Straight cut and loose fit allow a wide range of motions
- Super stretchy, wicking, and quick-dry materials
- High UPF of 50 to protect skin against the sun
- Versatile usages for various occasions
- Only offered in limited neutral colors
Best for Waterproof: FREE SOLDIER Women’s Waterproof Skiing Pants
- Fake double buttons, snap and zip fly closure
- Wide waistband completed with adhesive fabric tape and belt loops
- Two front zippered pockets and two cargo pockets at the thighs
- D-ring at the waist for key sets
- Drawstring bottom cuffs and tab openings
- Premium water-repellent coating to resist liquid and dry out quickly
- Quilt insulation made from 100% Polyester
|Material||Polyester lining, Polyester shell|
If you are looking for the best waterproof hiking pants for skiing, snowboarding, climbing, hiking in adverse weather of rains and snow, you will be glad to check out FREE SOLDIER Women’s Waterproof Skiing Pants. They are the best quality waterproof pants because of the premium water-repellent fabric, heat insulation yet ultralight and stylish.
Let’s talk about the waterproof quality of them since you are here for that. 100% Polyester material is used for the shell, lining, and insulation. Good choice of material used increases the hiking pants’ resistance to liquid from heavy downpours to snow. Straight leg, comfy fit, and high rise also give you a professional appearance in addition to comfortability.
Polyester is also known for its wicking and quick-dry properties, thus making your wearing experience worry-free and pleasant.
The impressive design of those pants also set them apart from other hiking pants. Spacious compartments are large enough to carry phones, wallets, keys, gadgets, and tools. Besides, they have zipper closures that are also waterproof to keep your stuff secured, clean, and dry.
Adjustable ankle with drawstring ensures ease of constant movements as well as keeps out water and snow from leaking in. Additionally, diamond quilt insulation lining is a plus for any sports played in a cold climate.
Since the pants are waterproof and scratch-free, you can easily wipe off dust, mud, liquid, like rain or snow and don’t have to bother tearing them when playing sports.
- Polyester shells and Polyester 210T Taffeta Lining enhance the durability
- Highly water-repellent coating supports water and snow sports
- Polyester insulation feature for long-hour warmth
- A generous number of roomy pockets for convenience of carrying personal items and gadgets
- The smart design of drawstring cuffs and tab openings locks out water and hazardous things
- Snap, zip fly closure, and wide waistband give a formal appearance
- Pants are only offered in limited sizes and may not fit plus-size women
Best for Rains: Columbia Women’s Waterproof Rain Pant
- Fully elastic waistband for easy pull-on
- One front sizable pocket hidden inside the pants
- Boot cut with a fastening tab at bottom cuffs secured by double-sided adhesive fabric tape
- A mesh layer for enhanced breathability and quick drying
- Omni-shield technology prevents water spills and stains.
- Highly water-resistant given a waterproof coating
|Material||Polyester lining, Nylon shell|
Unexpected downpours may be the worst while you are on the hikes. Wearing highly waterproof pants will help prevent your body from getting soaking wet and catching a cold. When it comes to rain pants, Columbia Women’s Waterproof Rain Pants are the best among all.
The design includes a boot cut to allow the end-users to comfortable wear rain boots. Tab openings at bottom cuffs help to tighten the cuffs to keep the pants from ballooning up and to lock hazards out. Let us not forget about the hidden pockets, smartly placed inside the pants so that your items won’t get wet.
They are made from 100% Polyester material which is famous for its toughness, wear, and wrinkle resistance, especially lightweight and wicking properties. Columbia boasts that their pants are made from the most premium fabric and most skilled craftsmanship that truly set them apart from others.
The mesh lining is a very smart design that is not only wicking and breathable but also keeps your legs warm throughout the windy and cold rains.
The pants are finished with a waterproof coating to completely stop water from seeping inside. Meanwhile, Omni-tech creates a shield so that dust, mud, soil, and the stain won’t stick and dirty the pants. After the heavy rains, your pants will dry out and look like new.
A quick shake is all you need to get rid of water droplets. If the pants show some visible stains or begin to wet out, it is time to give them a wash. That will remove stains and dust clogging water-repellent coating of the pants.
- Suitable for all weathers
- Omni-shield keeps the pants clean and dry at all times
- The waterproof coating prevents water from seeping inside
- The mesh lining makes the pants super wicking and breathable for extra comfort
- Adjustable waist and cuff extension allows free adjustment
- 100% Polyester material makes the pants last long and tough enough for any downpours
- There is only one small pocket, which limits the carriage capacity of the pants
Best for Hot Weather, Summer: Eddie Bauer Women’s Guide Pro Pants
- Button and zipper closure with belt loops
- Two opened front pockets and two leg zippered pockets for personal items
- Mid-rise and classic fit
- Elegant backside hem
- A mix of Nylon and Spandex materials for lightweight and flexibility
- Water-repellent coating
Eddie Bauer Women’s Guide Pro Pants are one prominent competitor among the Summer hiking pants segment because of the thoughtful combination of materials and Sun Protection technology.
Their sophisticated minimalistic design demonstrates the well-thought-out plan of Eddie Bauer designers to portrait a light yet active appearance. Button and zipper closure also offers a professional appearance.
They are the best pants for Summer hiking, trekking, biking, and camping because they provide a high degree of breathability and comfortability given the two-dimensional flexion and breezy fabric. Not only do they endure sports activities fantastically, but they also make a perfect fit for normal hanging out at camps. That makes them the best hiking pants for this purpose.
Thanks to the water-repellent finish, ladies can do away with the common worry of getting wet and feeling stingy when hiking. Having a water repellent coat rather than water resistance materials or layers also contributes to the pants’ ability to release moisture quickly. No worry over sweat!
The most outstanding feature is the UPF 50+ Sun Protection. Summer sunlight is women’s enemy that damages skin and speeds up aging progress. Sunscreen does a wonderful job reducing the adverse effect of sunlight, yet women can be exhausted from constant sunscreen application and the undesirable sticky feel on the skin. That is when a pair of pants with sun protection ability comes in handy.
To take care of the pants, you simply wash them in cold water in the dedicate setting of your washing machine and with like-color clothes. It is advised that you do not use bleach for those pants.
- Nylon component makes it very lightweight and easy to pack
- Two-dimensional stretch for free body movements
- Classic fit gives a more formal appearance
- The minimalist design offers a lighter look
- The durable coating is water repellent and sunlight protection
- They are slightly curvy cut
Best for Cold Weather, Winter: Jessie Kidden Women’s Hiking Skiing Pants
- Waistband includes elastic on both sides
- Belt loops accompanied by a buckle belt
- Button and zipper closure, completed with an additional snap closure
- Two spacious zippered front pockets plus two back pockets with hidden zippers
- Skinny fit and rise sits at natural waist
- Articulated knees design
- Fleece lining
- The fabric offers waterproof quality and multi-dimensional stretchiness
Winter sports are as exciting as Summer ones. Having provided the best product for Summer above, I am glad to introduce the most suitable hiking pants built for freezing and snowy weather, Jessie Kidden Women’s Hiking Skiing Pants. The fantastic heat retention capacity along with a stylish design make Jessie Kidden’s products the top tier Winter hiking pants.
Most hiking pants for Winter conditions are bulky and heavy as they are composed of many shells in order to retain warmth. Yet not many women want to look fluffy and puffy, not to mention having the pants get in their way while playing sports. Our ladies will be excited to learn that Jessie Kidden’s Winter hiking pants are not only highly heat-insulated but also very compact and stylish.
The slim fit and dark colors highlight all curves and maintain a clean look. A buckle belt and partial elastic waistband allow tightness adjustment and also prevent snow to leak inside, wetting and freezing the legs. Women can wear them all day in snowy conditions to enjoy the fun of hiking, skiing, snowboarding, lounging, and the pants will take on the hard part of their expeditions.
To keep our active women dry and comfy at all times, the outer shell is built to be water and wind-resistant. Plus, an advanced fabric mix of Polyester and Spandex offers four-dimensional stretch, strength, flexibility, and durability for those pants to perform and endure all types of activities under the harsh conditions of the Winter.
As you get ready for skiing, snowboarding, or hiking in snowy weather, one critical factor to keep in mind is that your hiking pants must be able to keep you warm for a long period of time. Jessie Kidden’s pants are the best hiking pants for Winter because they have three softshells, including high-quality fleece lining for premium heat insulation.
Let us not forget about the four zippered pockets that come in so handy to keep our tools, personal items, and snacks safe from falling out or getting wet. Full protection from Winter hazards and fashionable design are what set Jessie Kidden’s Hiking Skiing Pants apart from other opponents.
They are scratch-free and wrinkle-free to retain a like-new shape. It is suggested that you only wash them when seeing visible stains and/or sticky substances.
- Pockets for convenience and security of personal items
- Articulated knees provides additional mobility
- Skinny fit and solid neutral colors creat a slimmer and trendier look
- The fleece lining is composed of three layers to maximize heat retention
- Polyester material contributes to wear and water resistance
- Appropriate for various Winter activities
- May not fit curvy figures well
Best for Fall Weather: MOCOLY Women’s Cargo Hiking Pants
- The waistband is fully elastic with a drawstring to maximize adjustment
- Smooth YKK zippers and mesh front and back pockets
- Articulated knees design to provide additional comfort for leg movements
- Adjustable cord lock at bottom cuffs to keep insects, water, and wind out
- Comfy fit plus high waist for a sporty and slimmer appearance
Fall seems to be the best time of the year to participate in outdoor activities because it is the perfect mix of Summer and Winter weather, not to mention the phenomenal natural scenery of changing-color leaves. On the flip side, Fall tends to give us random rains and unwanted insects to interfere with our pleasant hikes.
Therefore, selecting the most suitable pants for this weather is vital to complement your future explorations. MOCOLY Women’s Cargo Hiking Pants are the best hiking pants to complete your Fall closet.
They are sporty designed. Mocoly’s hiking pants are designed to be relaxed fitted. In addition to a fully elastic drawstring band, a bottom cuff with a cord lock offers more freedom for personal adjustment in terms of tightness and length. Since the material is ultralight, the smart cord locks will keep the pants from ballooning up during windy days.
Polyester is waterproof material while Spandex determines the stretchiness of pants. A combination of those gives women the best of both worlds because they no longer have to worry about the hassle of getting soaking wet or struggling to move around. Mesh pockets are not only for the security of personal items but also for effective moisture release, cooling, and quick drying.
Don’t forget about an outstanding feature of UPF 50+! Fall, especially the beginning of the season, tends to be full of sunlight. As beautiful as it is, sunlight has harmful radiation that potentially damages women’s skin condition and speeds up hyperpigmentation, a cause of uneven skin tone.
Mocoly’s pants offer sunscreen in your sizes so that you can enjoy Fall adventures without bothering about darkening skin.
They are made of durable fabric that can be stretched without damaging the shape. Besides, they are machine-washable for easy care.
- Lightweight, breathable fabric suitable for Fall sports
- Comfortable fit and adjustable length thanks to the cord lock at bottom cuffs
- Waterproof and windproof to keep legs dry and warm
- Highly stretchy in multiple dimensions to support all types of motions
- Articulated knees design facilitates sitting, biking, and climbing activities
- UPF 50+ provides a high level of sun protection during Summer-Fall weather
- They may feel baggy depending on body figures
Best for All weather: Nonwe Women’s Convertible Cargo Pants
- Single button and zipper closure
- Semi-elastic waistband and belt loops
- Two front opened pockets, two back cargo pockets and two leg cargo pockets
- Convertible zipper at knees
- Classic fit style
- Lightweight and wicking fabric
Looking for the best pair of hiking pants for all climates? Nonwe Women’s Convertible Cargo Pants are the most suitable pants for all-weather outdoor activities.
Designed to form a professional appearance, those pants have belt loops, button and zip fly closure with only elastic at the sides. Besides, a classic fit rather than loose fit also gives not only comfort but also versatile usages, like works. Nonwe utilizes premium materials that help the pants to have sufficient stretch while retaining their form well.
High-quality fabric of the all-weather hiking pants are lightweight and wicking to facilitate constant movements. For breezier feel, they can be converted into shorts. That makes them highly recommended hiking pants for the Summer and Fall.
The total of six spacious pockets offer large carrying capacity for personal items as well as tools when you are on the trails. The pockets are secured by velcro tape so that your items won’t fall out or get wet. One outstanding feature is that they use zippers for conversion, so you don’t have to take off your shoes when converting the pants into shorts, making them the best hiking pants.
Having long pants that fully cover your ankles will help protect your legs from dangerous insects, cuts and scrapes. Thanks to the water-resistance property, Nonwe’s pants are worry-free when it comes to water sports or unexpected downpours. When the cold weathers come, Nonwe’s pants can be worn long and work perfectly because they are thick enough to provide warmth.
Not only do they serve multiple purposes and weathers, they are especially simple to clean and care for. You only need to throw them in your washing machine with like-color clothes for convenience. Remember not to use bleach when washing them as that will cause discoloration.
- Serve all weathers, from hot and sunny to cold and rainy
- The design gives a relatively formal look that works for sports and works
- Large compartments for sizable items
- Waterproof feature for changing weathers
- Fabric is lightweight, wicking and stretchy to support different types of movements
- They do not have heat retention feature for snowy or extremely cold climate
Best for Slim Fit: BenBoy Women’s Outdoor Slim Cargo Pants
- Elastic adjustable waist or regular waist with buckle belt and belt loops depending on selected colors
- Snap closure with smooth zip fly
- Two front side zippered pockets, one back pocket, and one leg zippered pocket
- Dart and patchwork knees to maximize the range of movements
- Brand logo right below the left front pocket
- Form-fitted but has the right amount of stretchiness
- Fleece lining for warmth
For the perfect combination of fashion and performance, I highly recommend BenBoy Women’s Outdoor Slim Cargo Pants as the best hiking pants for skinny figures.
Those pants are the best slim fit and appear like sports leggings when being worn, which means that women can get rid of all extra fabric troubling their movements. Most importantly, the style is intended to embrace female body figures. By adding color blocks and patchwork knees, the pants create an illusion of an hourglass figure with slimmer thighs.
A form-fitted style is sometimes associated with discomfort and a lack of flexibility when it comes to sports activities. However, BenBoy smartly utilizes Polyester and Spandex to build the fabric that is not only tear-resistant but also non-restrictive.
Let not forget about the handy zippered pockets! They can carry your gadgets, phones, wallets, keys, and keep them secure at all times. Those hiking pants are also adored because they conform to your body, reducing the chances of you being caught by tree branches, bushes and thereby tearing the pants.
Just like how you prepare yourselves physically and mentally for your long hiking adventures, BenBoy hiking pants are ready to take on any obstacles during the hikes. As being made for outdoor sports, those pants are waterproof and windproof so there is no worry about getting wet or cold, accidentally spilling foods, and staining the pants.
Less fabric does not make BenBoy hiking pants less desirable for cold weather. Rather, their fleece lining provides sufficient heat retention, which will keep your legs warm and comfy to go the long distance.
They are dedicated to machine washing and drying. Thus, limited machine wash and air-dry are highly recommended.
- Skinny fit style enhances body figures and body movements
- Stylish sporty design with patchworks, belt, and multiple pockets
- A high percentage of Polyester improves durability and strength
- Spandex material supports a wide range of motions, like bending, sitting, climbing, skiing
- Water and wind resistance qualities make them suitable for outdoor sports
- Soft fleece provides sufficient warmth for Winter activities
- Not suitable for hot climate
Best for Curvy Figures: Toomett Women’s Snow Pants
- Partial elastic waistband provides free adjustment and comfortability
- Skinny fit and high-rise style
- Snap closure complemented by single fake button and belt loops
- Two front side pockets with covered zippers, one back zippered pocket, and two stylish leg pockets for spacious compartments
- Scratch-free, water-resistant, and wind-resistant fabric
- Soft fleece lining
If you are searching for a reliable pair of hiking pants specifically for curvy fit, you definitely want to check out Toomett Women’s Snow Pants. They are the best hiking pants for curvy figures, fantastic at heat retention and of such a stylish design that keeps you warm.
The skinny fit design allows the pants to conform to your body, preventing the wind from ballooning up your pants. A considerable number of zippered pockets also make you love those pants at the first sight because they can carry many tools and gadgets, like maps, torches, headlights, first-aid kits, etc.
Speaking of the fashion aspect, the extra fabric of conventional snow pants tends to make your legs seem bulkier and shorter. Whilst Toomett’s pants are high-rise and have a classic length to elongate your legs, truly boasting your curves.
Form-fitted style is also well-known for better facilitating movements through deep ravines as well as bushy forests. Elastic waistbands offer freedom of tightness adjustment while wrinkle-free fabric allows all sorts of movements.
Toomett Snow Pants are made with premium heat-insulated Micro Polar fleece lining for long hours of warmth. Given that the fabric is treated with Durable Water Repellent technology, the pants are highly waterproof to prevent snow from wetting your pants and freezing your legs.
Outstandingly, the fabric is made of TPU material that is wind resistant. Imagine climbing high up in a snowy mountain and being hit by a strong wind. You will surely want windproof clothes to keep your body warm so that you can continue to conquer the mountain.
For simple care, they are made scratch-free and applied Omni-shield to prevent molecules from clogging breathable fabric. They are also machine-friendly.
No matter what you wear, body confidence is all it takes to shine. Enjoy the best hiking pants from Toomett and embrace all your curves and edges.
- Slim-fit and high-waisted design offers freedom of movements and elongates the legs
- Soft fleece lining gives high-quality heat retention quality for Winter condition
- The pants are highly waterproof and suitable for any snow-involved sports
- Premium fabric is windproof and tough to endure through harsh weather
- Polyester and Spandex offer a more structured form, creating a slimmer appearance
- Functional pockets with smooth zippered for the security of personal tools
- Pants are not boot cut
Best for Big Thighs: Toomett Women’s Safari Cargo Pants
- Single-button and zipper closure
- Partial elastic waistband for ultimate comfort and free adjustment
- Two front pockets, one back pocket with zippers, and two thigh pockets
- Smooth covered zippers at knees
- Breezy and stretchy fabric is non-restrictive at the thighs
- Lightweight and wicking materials
- A high degree of sun protection
Women with big thighs always struggle to find perfect fit pants that are not too loose at the waist and conform to their thighs well. Toomett Women’s Safari Cargo Pants are the best hiking pants for they are beautifully crafted for athletic body figures with thick thighs. They are loved by women because not only do they give a proportional lower-body appearance, but they also offer great comfortability and durability for all nature expeditions.
Wearing the right-fit clothes for long hikes can directly determine your performance and comfort while on the adventures. Skinny-fit hiking pants awkwardly give a disproportional look of fuller thighs and a small waist.
Meanwhile, wide-cut pants, although successfully hiding your big thighs, are often not the most convenient pants when going through rocky or bushy trails. That is why Toomett’s Safari Pants are straight-cut, high waisted, and relaxed-fit so as to build a structured form and a balanced look of thighs, calves, and waist.
Made of ultralight and breezy fabric, those pants do not give a heavy feeling to the end-users. Moreover, they are crafted with four-way stretch, wrinkle-free and waterproof materials for the most enjoyable and hassle-free hikes through forests and mountains.
When it comes to Summer and Fall expeditions, sun rays are one of the top concerns since they significantly deteriorate skin health. Toomett’s pants are coated with UPF 50+ sun protection that will reduce the negative impacts of sun radiation on your skin.
Even better, they are machine washable. The premium fabric reduces chances of the pants being deformed.
- Built for athletic legs
- High waist, and straight cut for the better proportion of hips and legs
- Offered in many solid dark colors for a slim look
- Convertible for two different styles
- Low water absorption offer all-day-long clean and dry pants
- Polyester and Spandex combination offers durable and reliable pants
- The high degree of sun protection with UPF 50+
- Not very stylish with minimal details
Best for Overweight: Columbia Women’s Plus Size Back Beauty Pants
- Easy pull-on with elastic waistband
- A loose fit style for more comfort
- Boot cut design makes them suitable
- Stretchy fabric yet structured and dressy form
- One zippered pocket for small personal items
- Minimalist design
Plus-size women may have a hard time shopping for flattering and comfy pants for their hiking adventures. Many brands have offered sizes for more diverse body types, such as tall, petite, and importantly plus sizes. In terms of the sportswear segment, Columbia Women’s Plus Size Back Beauty Pants truly stand out as the best hiking pants because they fit overweight bodies nicely, stretch well and possess all required qualities for dependable hiking pants.
Utilizing Elastane materials, Columbia crafts such exceptionally elastic, strong, durable hiking pants that hug your curves and edges perfectly. One special characteristic of Elastane is that it always retains shapes well. Thus, no matter how much those pants are stretched and washed in a washing machine, they will maintain a consistent shape for the long term.
As soon as you feel the fabric, you will surely fall in love with it. Those pants are breathable, wicking, and quick-dry, so there won’t be a concern over sweaty and sticky feeling when on the trails or exercising.
Critically, having stretchy and durable pants enables overweight active ladies to comfortably enjoy their sports. Elastic waistband and pull-on design eliminate the frustration of zip-fly and button tightening the waist while improving the ease of putting them on. A zippered pocket offers convenience of carrying small items, such as phones, cardholders, keys, etc.
The advanced Omni-shield keeps dust, stain, and liquid away from your pants, which makes cleaning them extra simple and quick. As being made for Summer and Fall weather, Colombia Women’s Plus Size Back Beauty Pants has UPF 50+ that creates a shield to protect your skin from sun rays UVA and UVB proven to worsen your skin health.
Those pants are also adored by overweight women because they are super simple to take care of. Omni-shield prevents dirty substances and stains from ruining your pants. Made for busy women, they are also machine friendly for easy care.
Having body positivity is the most precious piece of accessory women should wear to radiate their beauty. Columbia hiking pants are for plus-size women to build up their confidence when playing any sports.
- Active fit and minimal style for various, outdoor and indoor workout
- Due to the dressy fabric, those pants give a relatively formal look
- Super lightweight and stretchy fabric gives plus-size women freedom of movements
- Quick-dry and wicking materials offer a pleasant feeling
- Solid dark colors for a slimmer appearance
- Machine washable for hassle-free cleaning
- Do not have many pockets for personal items
Best for Budget: prAna Women’s Halle Pant Inseam Pants
- Double buttons, zip fly closure accompanied by belt loops
- Two front pockets, two cargo back pockets, and one thigh pocket with hidden zipper closure
- Articulated knees
- Classic fit and boot cut
- Pants can be rolled up and secured by snap buttons
- Stretchy and water-repellent fabric
- UPF 50+ for premium sun protection
Shopping for the best hiking pants is hard but shopping for a high quality budget one is even harder. prAna Women’s Halle Pant Inseam Pants may not be the cheapest but surely the best quality at an affordable price point.
The pants are made of Spandex which is a super common material to create stretchy and flexible qualities for hiking pants. Meanwhile, the Polyester component helps the pants to last long and wrinkle resistant.
To make your money go further, prAna’s pants can be rolled up and secured by snap buttons to create a variety of lengths and styles, like Capri and shorts. With buttons and zip fly closure, adding a belt only can make those pants appropriate for more formal events and for work.
The articulated knees provide extra comfort around knee areas when sitting, biking and climbing. Moreover, the boot-cut style offers relaxation to ankles when wearing bootwear. In case you want a more relaxed and breezier look, shorts are the way to go.
Hikers who expect to get wet while on the hikes will love prAna’s pants because they are treated with Durable Water Repellent to make them work for rains and water-involved activities.
At such an affordable price tag, you can have hiking pants that act like sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun. With UPF as high as 50+, your legs are covered and shielded from UVA and UVB damaging your skin while you stay under the sun for a long period.
It is hard to find budget hiking pants that don’t deform when being washed. prAna’s products, even though affordable priced, do not deform or shrink when washed in the washing machine. You can treat them like your regular clothes and they will still last long.
- The pants are suitable for everyday occasions and activities
- Buttons and zipper closure offer a professional look for formal events
- Offered in bright, neutral, and dark colors as well as petite and tall sizes
- The roll-up feature offers conversion to Capri and shorts styles
- Sun protection coating is appropriate for all Summer adventures
- Fabric has stretch, water repellency, and wear resistance, supporting multiple sport activities
- Pockets are relatively small for large phones and thick wallets
Women’s Hiking Pants Consideration: How to Choose Good Hiking Pants for Women?
Depending on your preferences, intended usages, and budgets, you can choose the best hiking pants for your future adventures. However, there are certain core qualities that you want to look for so as to select a dependable pair of hiking pants. For your convenience, I have listed the top criteria below.
It is fair to say that the better the materials, the higher quality hiking pants can be because materials are the key determinant to decide if a type of pants is suitable for hiking and outdoor sports. Typically, hiking pants are made of Nylon, Polyester, and Spandex.
Both Nylon and Polyester possess superior qualities, such as wear resistance, abrasion resistance, lasting shape retention, but Nylon is much lighter than Polyester. Spandex, on the other hand, provides strength, stretchiness, and flexibility for clothes. Having said that, they seem to be made for various climates, ranging from sunny, windy to rainy and snowy. Pants made of those materials are also effective at supporting all types of body movements, like bending, sitting, running, climbing, crossing, and so on.
Advanced materials also have sun protection with UPF as high as 50+, so they can be worn under high heat and significant sun radiation, such as during the Summer.
The weight of hiking pants must be taken into consideration before any purchase because it directly affects our performance in sports activities. Imagine going on a long hike and wearing a heavy, bulky pair of pants that make you feel like being trapped in a tube. That is definitely not an ideal scenario for a pleasant hiking trip.
The lightweight of hiking pants is proportional to the comfort and endurance you can achieve to go the distance. In order for hiking pants to be ultralight, manufacturers may utilize light fabric, like Nylon, integrate mesh into pockets and/or shell layers, as well as opt for minimal designs and features.
A dependable pair of hiking pants is one that can be worn in adverse climates, be it rainy or snowy. The fabric used for hiking pants is often treated with Durable Water Repellent to make them waterproof, a must-have feature for unexpected rains and water-involved activities. The materials must also be quick-dry and wicking. Should you catch rain or walk in the snow during your hikes, the best hiking pants are ones that won’t get wet or at least will be dry quickly so that you don’t get a stingy feeling or even worse, a cold.
If you are looking for the best hiking pants for Winter sports, heat retention should be the top criteria. Remember that the thicker the fabric, the more warmth you obtain from wearing the pants. Many pants have additional insulation shells or fleece lining for better heat retention, which means that those pants are most appropriate for Fall and Winter seasons. With advanced technology and innovative designs, Winter hiking pants are lightweight despite their bulky appearance.
Other less important factors are
The best hiking pants have large zippered pockets for gadgets, personal items, belts, belt loops for fit adjustment, convertible zippers for quick conversion to shorts which are features that enhance the convenience and security of hiking pants.
Style of hiking pants can be more important than you may think. For instance, form-fitted or relaxed fitted designs can determine the comfort of hiking pants. Besides, choosing the right colors for certain climates can contribute to the success of our hiking trips. Lighter and brighter colors are most suitable for Summer weather because they are more effective at reflecting the sunlight while dark colors tend to absorb the heat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s look at some most commonly asked questions about the best hiking pants and their usages. You may find answers to your concerns and will gain a deeper understanding of our most suitable hiking pants.
Can I wear leggings for hiking?
Leggings are typically made of Spandex, so they may provide sufficient comfortability and flexibility for the trails. However, they often do not offer full protection, like heat insulation, water, wind, and wear resistance for unexpected hazards.
What materials to avoid when buying hiking clothes?
Cotton must be avoided as it absorbs water, holds on to moisture, and takes forever to dry out. Denim is another big no because it is heavy, restrictive, not wicking nor quick-dry. Hiking pants made from those materials will limit your movements, causing irritation when playing water-involved sports or hiking under rains or snow.
What types of pants should I wear on hot days?
For hot days, loose-fitted, lightweight, breathable, and stretchy pants are the best hiking pants. This is because they offer ease of constant movements, dry out sweat quickly, and cool your body. You can look for Nylon and Polyester materials because they provide the above superior properties.
What to wear when hiking in snowy weather?
For a snowy and cold climate, it is best to wear hiking pants that have a fleece lining, heat-insulating shells, heat-trapping layers, and are relatively thick. Remember, the thicker the pants, the more warmth you will receive. However, those pants tend to be bulky and feel heavy.
Should I wear bright color hiking pants?
Bright colors are highly suggested for hikes in hot and sunny climates because they are the best at reflecting sunlight. That helps reduce the negative impacts of sun rays on the skin and cool your body down.
Do I need hiking pants for my hikes?
Depending on the purposes of your trips, types of activities involved, weather, and locations, you will be able to decide if a reliable pair of hiking pants are needed. Hiking pants possess qualities and protection for successful hikes that regular active pants may not have, like waterproof, scratch-free, heat retention. There is a wide range of hiking pants for different usages and at different price points for you to select. A good investment in the best hiking pants can be beneficial and worthwhile in the long run.
My Top Picks
Out of 15 best hiking pants introduced above, my most favorites are ARCTIX Women’s Insulated Snow Pants and Eddie Bauer Women’s Guide Pro Pants offer such impressive quality fabric, endure well through any harsh conditions yet feel super comfy and stylish. prAna Women’s Halle Pant Inseam Pants is another perfect option if I don’t hike often enough to make a big investment in a pair of hiking pants.
Have you used any one of the hiking pants above? What are your experiences with them or with other types of hiking pants? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below. I love to hear from you. And don’t forget to share this post so that your friends and family can find the best hiking pants for themselves too!