Gravity has been designing and manufacturing bicycles since 1998 with one objective in mind: to provide its customers with the highest quality bikes at an affordable price. Gravity bikes are top-of-the-line vehicles that work as well as any other cycle on the planet, according to experts. Furthermore, the Gravity team puts each of their products through rigorous testing to provide the highest possible handling, comfort, and longevity.
Gravity Fsx 1.0 Mountain Bike is the answer for those looking for good quality and budget-friendly BMX. If you are a newbie in this kind of sport or want to try on mountain bikes before making a big investment, this Fsx 1.0 is a must to have! Even for avid off-road bikers, this bike is still worth investing in. It is incredibly reasonable and the quality is just beyond its price tag! The Gravity BMX is ranked 35th in the Mountain Bikes category of Amazon and has a 4.3 out of 5 customer ratings.
Table of Contents
Gravity Fsx 1.0 Mountain Bike Review
- This off-road bike is well-developed to meet the needs of mountain riders, whether they are experienced or just starting out. Its manufacturer included incredible features to make this feasible.
- One of the greatest features of this high-quality, inexpensive entry-level 24 gear bike is the dual suspension. The bike also has front and back disc brakes, a Hydroformed Aluminum frame, an adjustable rear coil-over cartridge shock, and a modifiable front shock.
- The 24-inch wheels are Quick Release ones, and the double-wall rims are strong and light. This Gravity Fsx 1.0 comes with Shimano gears, cassette/freewheel, and brake levers.
|Bike Type||Cross Country Bike|
|Wheelset||26in Dbl Wall Alloy|
|Cassette||8 spd Megarange|
|Tires||Black 26 x 2.1|
|Number of Speeds||24|
|Brakes||Tektro Novela Disc (front and rear)|
I needed a new BMX bike at the time. As my plan was to go mountainous riding every week, I would love a functional and pleasant option. My priorities were a lightweight frame, a comfortable design, and the ones that support my love for speed challenges!
The more lightweight the bike is, the easier and faster the ride is for most cyclists. The Gravity FSX 1.0 is built on a robust and ultralight aluminum frame. Mountain bikes are notoriously hefty and difficult to maneuver, thus riding can be more smooth on a lightweight bike. That’s how this model comes in handy for me. Aluminum structures are very strong and do not corrode. I will not have to worry about the wet days because this frame requires low maintenance.
The bike comes with a comfortable Suntour suspension fork for smoother runs on all landforms. Riding on tough and uneven landscapes would also be possible without sacrificing riding comfort. Gravity Fsx 1.0 also features a weather-resistant double-wall rim. This bike is designed for a pleasant and easy ride, which I needed.
High and easy-to-change speed
Speed is of utmost importance when it comes to a ride. This bike features 24 speeds and a powerful gearing system, which is made by Shimano. That means I will be able to ride fast, challenge myself on different levels and shift speeds easily.
- Powerful gearing: Shimano components make up the majority of this product’s gear system. Shifters from this leading Japanese brand are super lightweight and have a quick response speed. Regarding the crank and cassette, Suntour components are also powerful and adjustable. All of the above functions work together to create an efficient speed shift mechanism that provides users complete control over 24 gears.
- High-quality disc brakes: The Tektro Novela Disc Brakes on both the front and rear of the FSX 1.0 provide quick stopping force when needed. Together with its dependable steering system, all you must do to slow to a crawl is pull the brake levers to a slighting. Its brakes are effective, so users can count on it for a complete stop even at high cruising speeds.
- Sturdy and lightweight frame: For a low-cost bike like Gravity Fsx 1.0, its Hydroformed Aluminum frame is a great advantage. It might not be as compact or solid as a titanium or carbon chassis. However, aluminum frames are good choices for a wide spectrum of riders thanks to their longevity, corrosion resistance, sturdiness, and low weight. As the frame is an important part of any bicycle, the manufacturer has shown their focus on customers by using a high quality component for the chassis.
- Dual Suspension Fork: There are pretty a lot of benefits coming with this feature. A dual suspension system means that the bike can handle terrains better. For example, on tricky descents, uphill or downhill, the vehicle provides good shock absorption. Longer rides will also be more pleasant as the rider’s weight is distributed uniformly during the trip. On bumpy areas, the rear suspension will absorb your mistakes and keep you on your toes.
- Quick assembly: The bike arrives with nearly 80% completed. There are also a very few steps to take before you can ride this Gravity. Customers have reviewed that after unboxing, the assembly was a breeze. In less than 15 minutes, steering bar (wheel) assembly, tire airing, and pedal attaching can be done.
- Good price: This Gravity Fsx 1.0 Mountain Bike is honestly one of the best deals you might have! With a reasonable price of around $500, the bike comes with mainstream and high quality components. It is simple yet functional and will lead you to exciting and comfortable rides.
- Weaknesses on long tough trails: There’s no doubt that the components are made of good quality that can support riders on their mountain rides, uphill, and downhill. However, this bike is not durable enough for long, tough trails regularly. This is mainly due to the tires, which are not strong and sturdy enough. They would be suitable for occasional trails but are not designed for serious trail abuse.
- Lack of warranty support: There’s no information regarding the warranty of this bike. There are refund policies, but the refund is reviewed to take much time.
- Small saddle: The bike comes in different sizes, however, its seat is not flexible in terms of comfort and size. The padding is not pleasant enough. And the size of saddles is quite small for big-sized riders to feel comfortable with.
Buying Guide For Gravity Fsx 1.0 Mountain Bike
Performance & Cost
There are quite many bikes within the price range of $500, yet very few can beat the price tag like Gravity Fsx 1.0! The bike is in good condition and features high-quality components, which are just unavailable in other models. From the expert’s point of view, this bike is worth the investment, and lots of customers will love this one.
Dual Suspension Forks
SunTour suspension forks are prestigious in the bicycling industry, so seeing a pair on The Gravity FSX Suspension might be a pleasant surprise. The suspension forks are solid and well-designed, and they enhance the bike’s performance. The suspension can be modified, and the preload mechanism allows users to tailor the forks to personal bodyweight. All of this gives customers a more personalized experience and allows them to relax while riding.
Shimano components are used to build the Gravity FSX 24-speed gear shift. The installation of these high-quality parts streamlines and simplifies the gear change operation. Riders will be able to shift gears quickly and smoothly thanks to the rapid change gear shirt. Easy gears ensure that our riding pace stays unchanged and that the performance remains consistent. The Gravity FSX is great for tight races since riders can rest assured that the speed is controlled.
The Tektro Novela braking discs on the Gravity FSX 1.0 mountain bike are incredibly efficient and consistent. Mechanical brake discs are featured in both the front and rear. They are highly responsive, efficient, and require very low maintenance. Everywhen riders are out trail biking, the braking system allows them to stop in a blink.
Wheels and Tires
The bike comes with Dbl Wall Alloy wheels that are 26 inches in diameter. These two tires provide sufficient ground contact. Wheels with two walls are stronger and more durable. This very powerful pair will keep you safe if you decide to attempt that difficult stone track. The Gravity FSX 1.0 can also be packed away quickly thanks to the rapid release. However, they might not withstand serious trail abuse for a long time and riders might need to replace them once in a while.
The Gravity FSX 1.0 Bmx has a double and strong rim. The rim is double-wall aluminum. As a result, they are durable outdoors. It also has a quick-release rim platform that helps it to be detached quickly and easily. Mud, glass shards, and rocks are also kept out of the wheel as a result of this.
Bike Size and Fit
The general sizing guide can be found on Amazon and other sites. There are 4 sizes based on riders’ height that come with this model. So this bike can accommodate cyclists of various sizes and shapes, from 5’6” to 6’1” and larger. From Standover, the manufacturer also recommends a minimum of 2″ crotch clearance. The size should be decided based on both this instruction and personal preference.
Manufacturer & warranty information
There is no information about this bike’s warranty. There are return policies, however, they take a long time to proceed.
Question 1: Is it possible to get fender kits?
Although the manufacturer does not sell a fender set, there may be some universal fenders that will fit. Examine some of the clip-on options, but be aware that fitting fenders on a dual-suspension off-road bike would necessitate some additional work.
Question 2: Is it possible to change the tires on a Gravity FSX 1.0?
Yes. As the tires of this model might wear out if being used on a regular basis, you might need to swap them out. This can be done easily, however, for the best compatibility with the wheel, 26-inch tires are suggested.
Question 3: What role does the Quick Release Rims system play?
As the name implies, this technique allows users to effortlessly detach the tires in a short period of time and with minimal effort. Quick-release makes removing the wheels faster and easier. All you need to do is simply pull the quick release lever and take the dropouts off the wheel. It only takes a couple of minutes to remove the wheels.
Question 4: How much assembling is needed? Can I ask for a bike that is fully assembled when it arrives?
The Gravity Fsx 1.0 will be around 80% completed, with some final tuning required. Full pre-assembly is not provided by its manufacturer, and the process requires specialized tools and skills. So if you want to save time, bring them to a nearby shop and have them assemble for you. This might not take long if the manual instruction is followed properly.
Question 5: How can I choose an ideal Gravity Fsx 1.0 size?
There is a size chart available for reference. Are you in the middle of a size range? For narrower handlebars, greater straddle space, and short arms, legs, and torso, size down. For higher handlebars, long limbs, legs, and chest, size up. It also depends on personal preferences, so you can ask for advice from the dealer.
Question 6: Is it easy to replace components of this bike?
Fortunately, yes. The components, such as tires, wheels, disc brakes are all easy to find a replacement for everywhen they wear out. However, the cost might be a little bit high if you want to use the same Shimano parts.