Buying a pair of shoes online is a bizarre thing to do. You don’t know what you are getting. The price difference between high-end and low-end is huge, and the return policy is not much better either. This article will help you decide what shoes to buy, how to make them last, how to take care of them, and how often they need replacing.
Table of Contents
- 1. Michael Jordan’s Air Jordan 12s: $104,765
- 2. The Diamond Shoe by Kathryn Wilson: $418,450
- 3. Stuart Weitzman Diamond Dream Stiletto: $500,000
- 4. Michael Jordan’s Signed Nike Air Jordan 1s: $560,000
- 5. The Original Ruby Red Slippers From ‘The Wizard of Oz’: $660,000
- 6. Stuart Weitzman “Marilyn Monroe” Shoe: $1 million
- 7. Stuart Weitzman Retro Rose Pump: $1 million
- 8. Stuart Weitzman Platinum Guild Stiletto: $1.09 million
- 9. Stuart Weitzman’s Ruby Slipper: $1.6 million
- 10. 1984 Michael Jordan Nike Air Ships: $1.5 million
- 11. Kanye West Nike Air Yeezy 1: $1.8 million
- 12. Stuart Weitzman Cinderella Slipper: $2 million
- 13. Stuart Weitzman Tanzanite Heel: $2 million
- 14. Jason of Beverly Hills x Tom Ford Loafers: $2 million
- 15. Stuart Weitzman Rita Hayworth Heel: $3 million
- 16. Harry Winston Ruby Slippers: $3.01 million
- 17. Debbie Wingham Heels: $15.1 million
- 18. Passion Diamond Shoe: $17 million
- 19. Aubercy Diamond Shoes – $4,510:
- 20. Louis Vuitton Manhattan Richelieu Men’s Shoes – $10,000:
- 21. Nike Air Mag Back to the Future 2016 – $26,000:
- 22. Testoni Men’s Dress Shoes – $30,000:
- 23. Testoni Shoes – $38,000:
- 24. Air Jordan Silver Shoes – $60,000:
- 26. Kathryn Wilson’s Charity Pumps – $400,000:
- 27. THE HERMÈS BIRKENSTOCK SANDALS – $34,000 TO $76,000:
- 28. NIZAM SIKANDAR JAH’S SHOES – $160,000:
- 29. Ruby stilettos – $1,6M:
- 30. Air Jordan 4 Wahlburgers – $26,200:
1. Michael Jordan’s Air Jordan 12s: $104,765
He’s Michael Jordan, and he’s a basketball player, so you know that should be one of the most expensive shoes ever made. But this is actually the best-selling Air Jordan model – all of them sold out in the first month. So behind that price tag is a shoe so popular that it got worn out by the first owner in 30 days.
2. The Diamond Shoe by Kathryn Wilson: $418,450
This is an extremely rare shoe. It’s not even a normal brand-name shoe, but it is made of 100 diamonds. It was designed by Kathy Wilson, and only three pairs were made. The newest pair is still for sale on her website for an eye-popping $418,450
3. Stuart Weitzman Diamond Dream Stiletto: $500,000
This shoe was made by the famous shoe designer Stuart Weitzman. It was not just one shoe that was worth that much, but a whole line of them. They were made with actual diamonds and gold, not just studs and gems like some shoes have. The price tag is more than ten times higher than his other shoes. Only five pairs were created, and they were never sold in stores – they only went to celebrities.
4. Michael Jordan’s Signed Nike Air Jordan 1s: $560,000
Even though the shoe is not expensive, it is worth a lot more than the $560,000 because it’s Michael Jordan’s shoe. And not just any Michael Jordan shoe, but one that was made especially for him. It was called the Air Jordan 1 Spike Lee, and it had all of his autographs on it. It was also the first pair of Air Jordans he wore as a professional basketball player.
5. The Original Ruby Red Slippers From ‘The Wizard of Oz’: $660,000
This ruby red slipper is the actual shoes worn by Judy Garland in the movie. It was made by a company called Gali Studios, and they only made 300 pairs. The price tag is more than $600,000 because it was a limited edition – there were only 300 pairs made.
6. Stuart Weitzman “Marilyn Monroe” Shoe: $1 million
The price tag on this shoe is almost as ridiculous as the movie that inspired it. Stuart Weitzman sold a limited edition of 150 pairs of slippers based on one of Marilyn Monroe’s favorite shoes. It was made up of pink and red suede, and it had a real zipper at the Back. That makes it worth more than $1 million.
7. Stuart Weitzman Retro Rose Pump: $1 million
This Stuart Weitzman shoe is a classic. It’s made up of rose leather and metal heels with hidden Swarovski crystals on them. And it’s even more expensive than the Marilyn Monroe slipper. Right now, it’s on sale for $1 million dollars, but it was originally sold for $2 million in 2005.
8. Stuart Weitzman Platinum Guild Stiletto: $1.09 million
Another Stuart Weitzman heel makes our Most Expensive Shoes list. Four hundred sixty-four dazzling Kwiat diamonds embellish the Platinum Guild Stiletto. Laura Harring, former Miss USA, and actress wore the stiletto at the 2002 Academy Awards. These sneakers, at $1.09 million, may not be as impractical as you think. The sandal straps can be worn as a necklace.
9. Stuart Weitzman’s Ruby Slipper: $1.6 million
This is the last of the slippers with Swarovski crystals. Each shoe is made up together with 15 pairs of shoes, and they are all done in a ruby red color. This price tag shows that they are incredibly popular and demand huge amounts of money. They’re also very rare, which means you won’t be able to find one for a lot less money.
10. 1984 Michael Jordan Nike Air Ships: $1.5 million
All of the shoes on this list are great, but none of them are worth a lot more than $1.5 million. But these two pairs of Air Jordan Ships made by Nike are worth that much money, and it’s all because they were made for Michael Jordan himself. They were part of a line of Air Jordans that were supposed to be released in 1984, but they never came out because they didn’t comply with the NBA’s uniform policy.
11. Kanye West Nike Air Yeezy 1: $1.8 million
The Air Yeezy 1 is a shoe that has been in Kanye West‘s line of sneakers for a number of years. They’re not based on Michael Jordan, but they have similar colors and look like sneakers made for him. This pair is worth $1.8 million because it changes color with the designer jeans you’re wearing and comes with an LED display that plays music and lights up when you walk down the street.
12. Stuart Weitzman Cinderella Slipper: $2 million
Value for money is the main reason why this Stuart Weitzman slipper is the highest-priced. It has the same design as the $1.9 million pair – it’s made up of 42 shoes, and it has Swarovski crystals on all of them. The price is also because they are worth so much and very hard to find, so you know you won’t be able to buy this one for a cheaper price anytime soon.
13. Stuart Weitzman Tanzanite Heel: $2 million
These are fake pairs of shoes. They were made based on the famous movie ‘Pretty Woman’ and they are shaped like heels to look like the shoes Julia Roberts wore in that film. The holder offered an asking price of $2 million for them as he says they’re “the most expensive shoes ever sold.” There’s no evidence to support that claim, though.
14. Jason of Beverly Hills x Tom Ford Loafers: $2 million
These are the most expensive Loafers in the world. They’re made out of crocodile skin, and they have a price tag of $2 million because they were designed by American fashion designer Jason of Beverly Hills. You can find them on his site, but they won’t be there forever since he is selling them at a profit. He stated that he got a lot of orders for this pair, which is good news for all you shoe enthusiasts out there.
15. Stuart Weitzman Rita Hayworth Heel: $3 million
The Rita Hayworth heel is surprisingly cheap for those who have listened to the news about the shoe. The $3 million price tag is in part due to the fact that only nine pairs were made, and they were made from 30,000 white Swarovski crystals. They’re also completely impractical because they can’t be worn in colder months, and they’re too high to walk on.
16. Harry Winston Ruby Slippers: $3.01 million
To be clear, these are not the same pair of ruby red shoes that Judy Garland wore in ‘The Wizard of Oz. These are the pair of sneakers made for her to wear at film premieres. They’re worth $3 million due to the fact that they were worn by Judy Garland. But they’re not worth more than $3 million because no one can wear them these days since they’re so precious to the famous actress and her fans.
17. Debbie Wingham Heels: $15.1 million
This pair of heels is the most expensive on our list because they belong to a woman who has a lot of money. You might think that such heels are worth so much because they are made out of gold, but in reality, they’re made out of silver. That’s right! It’s silver, not gold! But they still have an astonishing $15.1 million price tag due to the fact that they have 24-carat gold on them.
18. Passion Diamond Shoe: $17 million
The $17 million price tag on this shoe can be justified by the fact that it’s made from the world’s largest rough diamond, the 3106-carat Cullinan diamond. The shoe was designed after a wedding dress encrusted with diamonds, and it has a total weight of 4.3 kilograms. There are no records of any other shoes in the world that are worth this much money, including men’s shoes.
19. Aubercy Diamond Shoes – $4,510:
These are not the most expensive shoes ever, but they’re definitely the most expensive men’s converse shoes ever. The white pair of shoes have a diamond-studded heel that makes them valuable. It’s estimated that they are worth around $4,510, and they were made from a full diamond from Botswana, Africa. In total, this pair of Converse features six diamonds, and they don’t cost a lot more than $1 million.
20. Louis Vuitton Manhattan Richelieu Men’s Shoes – $10,000:
The $10,000 price tag on this pair is not surprising since it’s a pair of designer shoes. They have an overall weight of 13.2 ounces and feature a diamond-studded heel which is why they’re so expensive. The shoes are completely white, and they were made in Italy, which is where Louis Vuitton has its headquarters in Milan.
21. Nike Air Mag Back to the Future 2016 – $26,000:
Here you have another Nike shoe from the fictional Back to the Future movie. Look closely, and you’ll probably notice that these are not actually part of the franchise, but then again, who cares? The shoes are $26,000 in price because they were made in collaboration with Nike and not only feature a lightning bolt on the arch but also give off sounds by moving your foot. The celebrities who wore these sneakers at the premiere were all super happy with them, so they can’t be too bad after all.
22. Testoni Men’s Dress Shoes – $30,000:
This pair of shoes is unique in the sense that it’s made from the world’s largest diamond, which is a 0.55-carat Fancy Orange diamond. This pair of shoes was made in 2011, and they have an asking price of $30,000 because they’re made out of an incredibly rare diamond. They were designed by shoe designer Dominique Testoni, also known as Mr. Testoni, who has been designing expensive shoes since 1877.
23. Testoni Shoes – $38,000:
This is another pair of shoes by Mr. Testoni, but that’s not why they cost $38,000. These shoes were made from a 1.063-carat Fancy Vivid Yellow diamond, which cost the purchaser a total of $37,800 because it was pre-cut, and there were no other costs involved. The rest of the money was used for the design and manufacturing process.
24. Air Jordan Silver Shoes – $60,000:
This is a pair of sneakers that you won’t find in any department stores. They feature a total weight of 20 carats, but even though they are only available for $60,000, the seller is currently accepting lower offers. The buyer will be required to cover all shipping costs as well since it’s not up to the seller if they want these shoes or not.
26. Kathryn Wilson’s Charity Pumps – $400,000:
There are some shoes that cost a lot of money because they were made out of gold, but then there’s this pair of shoes. This pair was originally made for Charity Pumps, and it features real diamonds that range from 0.35 to 0.45 carats in weight. This means that the buyer will have to pay $400,000 since the retail price is only $250,000.
27. THE HERMÈS BIRKENSTOCK SANDALS – $34,000 TO $76,000:
When the BIRKENSTOCK shoe store first opened its doors in Germany, they created the first pair of shoes with a rubber sole for an exceptionally good price. You could get a pair for $34,000, but you can also pay up to $75,000, and that’s because they vary in quality and beauty. The lighter-colored sandals are made out of “red rubber,” while the black ones are actually made out of 100% Merino wool.
28. NIZAM SIKANDAR JAH’S SHOES – $160,000:
This pair of shoes were made out of genuine gold and was made especially for Nizam Sikandar Jah, who is the president of the United Arab Emirates. The shoes are 1 cm thick, and they are worth $160,000. They were created by a company called Salvatore Ferragamo which also created a pair of shoes for Princess Diana.
29. Ruby stilettos – $1,6M:
Stuart Weitzman’s Ruby Stilettos feature a crimson satin insole. Additionally, it includes 600 rubies, each weighing about a pound. This pair of gems is priced at $1.6 million.
30. Air Jordan 4 Wahlburgers – $26,200:
Jordan Brand produced these lime green Air Jordan 4s, which feature a detachable Wahlburgers logo on the tongue in case you don’t want to advertise for Mark Wahlberg‘s burger joint when out and about.