Lake Las Vegas is a little slice of the tropics nestled in the Mojave Desert. It’s a great escape from the harsh Nevada sun and offers a number of fun activities to enjoy.
What are you waiting for? Check out Lake Las Vegas and start enjoying it today!
Table of Contents
- Things to Do at Lake Las Vegas
- About Lake Las Vegas
- Lake Las Vegas Attractions : Views for Sighseeing
- Lake Las Vegas Water Sports Activities
- What are some things to do at Lake Las Vegas Camping Area?
- What to Bring to Lake Las Vegas Camping?
- What are the prices for hotels near Lake Las Vegas?
- Are there trains that will take me to Lake Las Vegas?
- How many feet is Lake Las Vegas deep?
- How many square miles is Lake Las Vegas?
- Is there a speed limit on the Lake Las Vegas lake road?
- Are there any special events at Lake Las Vegas in August?
- What is Lake Las Vegas’ water temperature?
- What is Lake Las Vegas’s weather like in September?
- What are some fun things to do at Lake Las Vegas in May?
- What should I pack for a trip to Lake Las Vegas?
- Is fishing allowed in Lake Las Vegas?
- How long does it take to drive from Lake Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon?
- How long is Lake Las Vegas?
- Is there a fee to swim at Lake Las Vegas?
- Are there any beaches in Lake Las Vegas?
- How tall is Lake Las Vegas?
- What time is it at Lake Las Vegas?
- Who owns Lake Las Vegas?
- How big is Lake Las Vegas in miles?
- Is Lake Las Vegas frozen over?
- How long does it take to drive from Lake Las Vegas to Albany?
- Is there a lake in Lake Las Vegas?
- Is there a lighthouse on Lake Las Vegas?
- What kinds of fish live in Lake Las Vegas?
- What’s the weather like in the summer at Lake Las Vegas?
- What is the average temperature of Lake Las Vegas in August?
Things to Do at Lake Las Vegas
Here is a list of things to do at the Lake Las Vegas:
1 . Go fishing. How about a ride on the old-fashioned paddleboat? You can catch as much fish during your fishing excursion as you can handle and prepare for over-the-dock BBQ to follow.
2. Visit the World’s Largest Train, Lake Las Vegas Train, which is located in front of Bigelow Park at Lake Las Vegas. Check out this awesome sight and enjoy each and every detail of it!
3. Go Zipline. The zipline is like a trail ride on the back of your pet zebra. It takes you through over 100 feet of thrilling experience and makes you travel at speeds of up to 44 MPH.
4. Equestrian riding is available with your own horse or pony for those who have never experienced riding a horse before or want more skills in riding, Lake Las Vegas offers horseback trail rides and lessons for those looking to learn all about the animals and enjoy the outdoors.
5. Enjoy the views from the Lake Tower. As you look around through the windows on Lake Tower, you will be able to enjoy views of Sandy Beach, Diamond Peak, and other nearby casinos.
6. Play Golf at The Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas hotel and Spa. You can play 18 holes with unlimited golfing for only $99 per person! It is an experience you don’t want to miss out on.
7. Go to the bookstore. There are many different types of books you can choose from at Lake Las Vegas. You will see books that will interest all kinds of individuals such as thrillers, cookbooks, business books, and more!
8. Get a massage or facial. If you want to treat yourself or have your partner treat you to a relaxing massage, Lake Las Vegas is the place to do it! You can enjoy a lot of different types of massages and facials depending on what type of experience you wish to have.
9. Take a jet boat ride. The Lake Las Vegas jet boat company offers a variety of different jet boat rides to choose from and all of them are fun and exciting!
10. Visit the exotic bird sanctuary. Come visit the exotic birds that live in Lake Las Vegas’ exotic bird sanctuary and admire them up close! From the toucan to the macaws, you will see many types of these unique birds at Lake Las Vegas!
11. Go to the Lake Las Vegas’ Casino. One of the main activities you can find at Lake Las Vegas is a casino. The casino features more than 2,000 slot machines and multiple gaming tables, including blackjack, craps, and roulette.
12. Visit The Shops at Lake Las Vegas. You can take a stroll down Lake Las Vegas’ main street at The Shops at Lake Las Vegas and enjoy hundreds of stores, boutiques, restaurants, and entertainment options to choose from, including Zappos Shoes and the Everly Hotel.
13. Visit The Bonanza Gift Shop. If you are looking for souvenirs to give or receive as a gift, visit The Bonanza Gift Shop where you will find unique souvenirs for any person on your list!
14. Visit The Spa. There are two great locations at Lake Las Vegas where you can enjoy a relaxing spa treatment such as manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and more.
15. Get pampered at the Great Shave barbershop and salon. Located inside The Shops at Lake Las Vegas, this barbershop gives you a great experience no matter what haircut or shave you choose. You can come here for cuts or get a straight razor shave!
16. Go to the rave on Lake Las Vegas Beach. Take a stroll on the beach and enjoy the sounds of thumping music!
17. Visit Lake Las Vegas Marina. You can take a look around the Lake Las Vegas Marina where you will see yachts, jetskis, and other water vessels on the lake.
18. Go to the Top Golf driving range. Enjoy some time at Top Golf! You can easily spend hours here hitting different types of balls and getting different types of scores.
19. Visit the Top of the World Observation Wheel. The Observation Wheel is located at Top of the World Park and offers you a 360-degree view of Lake Las Vegas and surrounding areas.
20. Enjoy a gondola ride around Lake Las Vegas. Hop on a gondola and enjoy each minute! The boat ride will only last about 10 minutes, but it is a fun experience nonetheless!
21. Visit Lake Center. In Lake Center, you will see the following services and restaurants: Costco, Home Depot, Dunkin’ Donuts, Sprint Store (store), Subway, Wells Fargo Bank, Jamba Juice (next to Wells Fargo bank), Shoe Pavilion (store), Red Robin.
22. Enjoy some entertainment at Off the Strip Pool Lounge. Off the Strip Pool Lounge offers a variety of events for your entertainment such as pool parties and live music concerts!
23. Grab a cup of coffee. You can enjoy a cup of coffee at Starbucks, Peet’s Coffee and Tea, or Dunkin’ Donuts.
Lake Las Vegas is currently home to several luxury resorts including The Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas Resort & SPA, the second hotel on the lake property, which opened in mid-2005; and The Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, which opened in 2008.
Lake Las Vegas is also home to several retail stores and restaurants including the luxury shopping center The Shops at Lake Las Vegas; the boutiques and retail shops located on Lake Center Drive; and the off-the-strip shopping center, Top of the World Premium Outlets, which was opened in 2009.
While in Lake Las Vegas, you can also experience over 30 different types of water sports such as jet skiing, parasailing, sailing, and kayaking.
Lake Las Vegas is also home to several great restaurants and bars including the following:
The Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas Hotel & Spa:
Otalia – This European-inspired restaurant, which opened in 2007, is located inside The Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas Resort & SPA. It features authentic Italian cooking and a menu full of traditional pasta dishes, fish entrees, and more.
Scarpetta – This Italian-style fine dining restaurant is located inside The Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas Resort & SPA. The restaurant features authentic Italian pasta, grilled meats, seafood entrees, and more.
The High Roller – This five-story high observation wheel serves as a great location to view the entire city of Las Vegas and all of its surrounding areas! You can see all of Las Vegas by riding up on the High Roller! This attraction is open year-round.
The Steakhouse at Lake Las Vegas – This restaurant features delicious grilled steaks, burgers, and seafood entrees. Be sure to try the best-selling bacon cheeseburger!
About Lake Las Vegas
The city of Las Vegas is located in Clark County, Nevada, which is north of the state of Utah and west of Arizona. The city’s official population as of the 2012 U.S. Census was 1,998,972, but the actual population has been estimated to be around 2 million residents.
The city was founded in 1905 as a railroad town and quickly saw the development of many nearby mining settlements and railroads. However, the city did not become a major tourist destination until after the Hoover Dam was completed in 1935.
The population of Las Vegas began to grow exponentially in the 1950s, rising from around 5,000 people in 1950 to more than 25,000 people by 1960. The population grew even further when gambling was legalized in 1967. By 1970, the population had tripled and continued to grow rapidly every year going forward.
Lake Las Vegas Name
Lake Las Vegas was given its current name in 1992, but the Lake Las Vegas community, which is located to the north of the lake, began to develop as early as 1979. The community was named Lake Las Vegas after Steve Wynn, the creator of The Mirage hotel and casino who also had a vision for a new type of resort on Frenchman’s Mountain.
Lake Las Vegas Founder
Steve Wynn is the individual who led the development of Lake Las Vegas, a 10,000-acre development located on Frenchman’s Mountain along Lake Las Vegas. The developer is also known for his contributions to The Mirage, Bellagio, Treasure Island, and the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino.
Lake Las Vegas Interesting Stories
Lake Las Vegas is known for a lot of different things, but the city’s name has never been one of them. In 1992, Steve Wynn had a vision for Lake Las Vegas as a place where tourists could vacation, relax and enjoy their time in Las Vegas. With the help of Wynn Resorts CEO Ian Bruce Eichner and Clark County Commissioner John Taylor, the area was turned into an upscale resort destination with many lakefront properties.
Lake Las Vegas Events
The first event at Lake Las Vegas was the opening of the Wynn Golf Club during the summer of 1995. This golf course was followed by the opening of Topgolf Las Vegas in July 2008, which also offers many entertainment and recreational activities for guests!
Lake Las Vegas Attractions : Views for Sighseeing
Lake Las Vegas is home to several attractions located on the lake, which include:
1 . The Las Vegas Yacht Club is the area’s only yachting club. The yacht club has a 20-foot sailing boat to allow guests to enjoy time on the lake along with facilities and activities for boaters!
2. The Lake Las Vegas Marina offers boat rentals, a marina, and RV spaces. Guests at the marina can also enjoy modern amenities such as cable television and Wi-Fi connectivity.
3. The scenic views from Frenchman’s Mountain are available for all to see when you visit Frenchman’s Mountain Park located above Lake Las Vegas. Be sure to bring your camera with you to capture all of the breathtaking views that this park offers!
4. The Lake Las Vegas Country Club offers a variety of different services including golf courses, a fitness center, tennis courts, and a restaurant. Guests can enjoy an up-close view of the entire lake from this location.
5. The Tenaya Lodge at Lake Las Vegas offers a variety of services including hotel rooms, suites, villas, conference rooms, meeting spaces, an outdoor pool and spa area, and wedding packages! Guests can also enjoy many different recreational activities at the lodge such as hiking trails and swimming pools.
6 . The Lake Las Vegas Marina is located within walking distance to the Tenaya Lodge and is operated by Hyatt Regency Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. This marina offers 20,000 feet of indoor and outdoor boat slips and RV spaces.
Lake Las Vegas Water Sports Activities
Scuba diving is available off of Lake Las Vegas. The city’s location allows scuba divers to enjoy a wide variety of aquatic adventures including the following:
1 . The Lake Las Vegas Marina offers boat rentals as well as a swimming pool, which is open year-round for its guests. Be sure to ask about additional tours that are available on the lake!
2. Lake Las Vegas is home to many species of fish, which means you may also find catfish, perch, and bass while scuba diving off of the lake.
3. The Lake Las Vegas Marina is located within walking distance to the Tenaya Lodge and offers a variety of different services including boat slips and RV spaces.
Kayaking / Canoeing
Kayaking and canoeing are popular water sports activities at Lake Las Vegas. The city’s location makes it an ideal location for kayakers because it is located along with a series of waterways that often have small lakes, wetlands, and marshes located within them which offer fantastic opportunities for paddlers!
#1. Frenchman’s Lake is a popular destination for kayakers, but the lake also offers many other activities which include hiking trails, a clubhouse, a swimming pool, and more!
2 . Lake Las Vegas Marina at the Hyatt Regency Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa offers 60,000 feet of indoor and outdoor boat slips as well as RV spaces. Guests can enjoy fishing from these slips or can rent a kayak to enjoy time on the lake!
3 . Emerald Cove Marina is located within walking distance from the Hyatt Regency’s marina and offers 20,000 feet of boat slips along with RV spaces.
Swimming is a popular activity enjoyed by guests at Lake Las Vegas. This activity is a great way to cool off on hot summer days as well as allow you to take in all of the beautiful views that the lake offers!
1 . The most popular swimming location at Lake Las Vegas is located at the Hyatt Regency Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. The resort features an 800,000-gallon outdoor pool along with a water slide and many other pools that are often used for swimming classes and other activities. Be sure to check out these pools if you are looking for places to swim!
2 . The Lake Las Vegas Marina is located within walking distance of the Tenaya Lodge and it’s a great place to enjoy swimming! This marina offers 40,000 feet of boat slips and RV spaces, along with an outdoor pool and swimming pool.
Fishing is a popular activity enjoyed at Lake Las Vegas. The lake’s location makes it an ideal place for anglers who want to enjoy some fun in their day while also catching some fish!
#1. The lake is home to several species of fish including catfish, bass, perch, crappie, bluegill, and more.
2 . Anglers are able to enjoy fishing from the Lake Las Vegas Marina and the Hyatt Regency Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa.
Helicopter rides are a fun activity enjoyed by guests at Lake Las Vegas. The lake’s location makes it easy for all guests to fly over this beautiful lake!
Tropic Helicopters is located within walking distance of Lake Las Vegas School and offers several tour packages. Be sure to ask about views over the lake while you enjoy a ride!
What are some things to do at Lake Las Vegas Camping Area?
1 . The Lake Las Vegas Camping Area is the largest camping area at Lake Las Vegas and offers areas for RV and trailer camping as well as sites that are designed for tents. There are also facilities for boats at this location.
2 . The Lake Las Vegas Marina is located within walking distance of the Lake Las Vegas Camping Area and offers boat slips, RV spaces, a swimming pool, outdoor swimming pool, boat docking areas, an outdoor patio with barbecue grills, laundry facilities, and more!
What to Bring to Lake Las Vegas Camping?
You should bring a tent, camping supplies, fishing equipment, and swimming gear. One of the most popular spots at Lake Las Vegas is the Lake Las Vegas Camping Area!
What are the prices for hotels near Lake Las Vegas?
The prices are from $50 to $200 per night, depending on the type of accommodations that guests are looking for.
Are there trains that will take me to Lake Las Vegas?
Yes, there are trains that will take you to Lake Las Vegas. Lake Las Vegas is located at the end of a spur line that runs from New Kingman Bar & Grade in Mohave County to Jean, Nevada. This spur line was constructed in the late 1980s as part of a larger plan by Mojave Energy and AMAX Exploration Corporation to ship uranium ore concentrate from the area’s mines. The 1-mile long spur line terminates at a small way station that was constructed on Lake Las Vegas in 1984 and it currently operates two times per week during summer months for scenic tours of the lake aboard the Red Rock Scenic Railroad.
How many feet is Lake Las Vegas deep?
Lake Las Vegas is deep at 17,500 feet; the deepest lake in Arizona. Lake Mead is deeper at 193,000 feet, and Lake Mohave is deeper at 184,000 feet.
How many square miles is Lake Las Vegas?
Lake Las Vegas is 389 square miles.
Is there a speed limit on the Lake Las Vegas lake road?
Currently, there is a 15 mph speed limit on the Lake Las Vegas lake road.
Are there any special events at Lake Las Vegas in August?
Lake Las Vegas hosts several special events throughout the year. During the month of August, Lake Las Vegas is hosting the Lake Las Vegas Annual Fourth of July Celebration. There are several different events that take place at this celebration including a fireworks show as well as a watermelon seed spitting contest and many other fun activities!
What is Lake Las Vegas’ water temperature?
Lake Las Vegas’ water temperature ranges from 68 degrees to 88 degrees between May and September. The temperature can range from 35-85 degrees in April, May, September and October respectively.
What is Lake Las Vegas’s weather like in September?
Lake Las Vegas’s weather can range from sunny to cloudy depending on the time of year. It is typically warm and dry in September, with an average temperature of 73 degrees.
What are some fun things to do at Lake Las Vegas in May?
Lake Las Vegas has a number of fun things that guests can enjoy in May. In mid-May, the lake usually offers beautiful and sunny conditions that make it a great time to enjoy Lake Las Vegas!
What should I pack for a trip to Lake Las Vegas?
You should pack sunscreen, sunglasses, clothing, and water shoes if you plan to spend some time at the lake. Be sure to check the weather forecast before you visit because Lake Las Vegas’ weather can be unpredictable at times.
Is fishing allowed in Lake Las Vegas?
Fishing is allowed in Lake Las Vegas. Lake Las Vegas’ location makes it an ideal place for anglers who want to enjoy some fun in their day while also catching some fish!
How long does it take to drive from Lake Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon?
The Lake Las Vegas Lake Road is 25 miles long and can take approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on the traffic conditions) to drive from Lake Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon.
How long is Lake Las Vegas?
Lake Las Vegas is 389 square miles in area.
Is there a fee to swim at Lake Las Vegas?
Currently, Lake Las Vegas does not charge a fee to swim.
Are there any beaches in Lake Las Vegas?
There are no beaches at Lake Las Vegas.
How tall is Lake Las Vegas?
Lake Las Vegas’ average elevation is 2,770 feet.
What time is it at Lake Las Vegas?
Lake Las Vegas is in the Mountain Time Zone.
Who owns Lake Las Vegas?
Lake Las Vegas is owned by The Howard Hughes Corporation.
How big is Lake Las Vegas in miles?
Lake Las Vegas is approximately 389 square miles.
Is Lake Las Vegas frozen over?
Lake Las Vegas has not frozen over since the lakes were dredged in 1990.
How long does it take to drive from Lake Las Vegas to Albany?
It takes approximately 5 hours to drive from Lake Las Vegas to Albany.
Is there a lake in Lake Las Vegas?
Lake Las Vegas is not a lake; it is an artificial lake created by dredging. The lake takes its name from the town of “Lake” which was named after Howard Hughes (a nearby mining town).
Is there a lighthouse on Lake Las Vegas?
Lake Las Vegas does not have a lighthouse, but the lake does have a boat launch and area for swimming beaches.
What kinds of fish live in Lake Las Vegas?
Lake Las Vegas is home to several species of fish including smallmouth bass, walleye, catfish, channel catfish, largemouth bass, and crappie.
What’s the weather like in the summer at Lake Las Vegas?
Lake Las Vegas has warm, dry summers. The average temperature from May to September is usually in the 70s. In August, the temperature can easily get up to 90 degrees!
What is the average temperature of Lake Las Vegas in August?
In August, the average temperature at Lake Las Vegas is in the high 80s.