After a period of use, under the impact of rainy weather and causing collisions when transferring, the exterior paint of the electric bike fades, causing loss of aesthetics. Therefore, to increase the level and keep the car’s aesthetics, you should periodically repaint the exterior layer of the car every six months to 1 year. We will show you how to paint bikes step by step.
Table of Contents
- Why Should You Repaint Your Bikes Or E-bikes?
- Paint Your Bike With Regular Paint
- Paint The Bike With Sprayers
- Paint With An Air Compressor
Why Should You Repaint Your Bikes Or E-bikes?
There are many reasons that you should repaint your bikes. One of the most important things is that after the use process, due to the influence of rain and sun, the exterior paint of the car is discolored and no longer retains its original color. Moreover, the paint is gradually worn out during the collision process, and you can see the metal inside the bike. If you let the outside paint peel off for a while, the metal inside will quickly oxidize, adversely affecting the look and quality of the bike.
Besides, wanting to change the paint color for your single speed bike to avoid boredom and express your aesthetic style is also one of the reasons for you to change your bike’s paint color.
Paint Your Bike With Regular Paint
Step 1: Removing Each Part
After determining the paint color, you should process the parts of the bike from the chassis. Before solving, it is advisable to memorize each part carefully to be reassembled as it was. It is best to arrange the parts first, and then the parts to be arranged in a predetermined order. It will help if you use tools to value each part and reasonably protect against loss or damage when you dismantle it.
Like batteries, you should keep them outside and relaxed, and small parts like nails and screws should be kept separate, so they don’t get lost.
Step 2: Wipe The Surface With Paper
To paint a new layer of paint on the bike, you must remove the old paint and anti-rust on the bike with a paper or sponge to make the surface to be painted and cleaned. If on the bike with protrusion or depression, you can use the tool to restore the bike to its original state.
Step 3: Paint The Primer
Before you start painting your car, you should put a layer of newspaper on the back so the paint won’t get around. Next, you should apply a primer of milky white color for a beautiful paint color before painting the color you want to paint. Wait about a day for the primer to completely dry before applying the next step.
* Note: When the primer is dry, if there are places too thick or uneven, you can use paper to rub again to create a surface for the primary paint.
Step 4: Paint The Primary Color
Since this is an important job to refinish the exterior of your car, you need to paint it very carefully, avoiding paint that is too thick or too thin. It is recommended to paint the connections first and then paint the outside surface. Pay attention to paint from top to bottom. In addition, you can cut the paper to shape if you want the bike to have different texture characteristics.
- When painting, you should be careful to wear glasses and frames, and hair to ensure that the paint does not affect health.
- Should leave the bike in the cool shade to paint quickly, absolutely do not leave the bike in a place with light or rain to avoid having to paint.
Step 5: Assemble The Bike
After the paint is dry, you proceed to reinstall the parts on the car as arranged before, carefully in the correct position and over carefully. You have successfully refurbished your electric bike!
Paint The Bike With Sprayers
How Many M2 Can The Paint Cover?
Paint sprayers are no longer strange to each of us. It is very convenient when you need to decorate your home, change and refresh some furniture, or even paint on the wall. In addition, many young people often enjoy using spray paint to create. Or you can paint your ATM to create attractive, eye-catching, and unique items.
A paint sprayer is a product with better coverage than other conventional paints. It also can help to prevent uneven strips when we use paint to sweep or roll paint. A paint sprayer is also characterized by rapid evaporation, so it is very convenient to use. In addition, it is rapidly drying. So it is very convenient and increasingly popular. Because of its soluble nature, the paint is considered better than most other conventional wall paints on the market today.
With a paint can, we can paint from 2m2 to 3m2, and it depends on the coating you want to paint. Besides, you can’t use paint to hang on the wall; you can use it as a crayon to refresh other objects in the house with metal, wood, or plastic and other surfaces you want to cover.
What Kind Of Paints Are Available Today?
- Glossy paint
- Gold-plated paint
- Crack and seals coating paint
- Heat resistant paint
- Reflective paint
How To Paint With Sprayers
You should want to learn How to spray paint at home! However, we also need to note with you some of the following experiences.
- Shake the sprayer well for 2 minutes before use.
- Spray at a distance of 30cm from the bike. Adjust the distance reasonably so that the paint does not flow on the material.
- Gently move the spray can from left to right or from top to bottom. It will help paint evenly over the object or surface you want
- Should spray paint on the surface of utensils. Each coat is spaced 20 minutes apart.
- The paint drying time on the surface of the material is from 10 to 15 minutes.
How To Store Paint Sprayers?
If you want to store the paint sprayers when it is not used up, you need to do the following:
- Turn the spray bottle upside down instead of regular and lightly spray a few times to let the remaining paint come out.
- To avoid running out of gas, you should leave the paint sprayer in its normal position.
- Keep out of reach of children and avoid contact with eyes.
Some Problems When Using Paint Sprayers
- Do not paint in front of the fan or avoid painting when it is windy, and this can cause the paint to be blown away by the wind and deposited on other items you do not want.
- Use spray paint in a well-ventilated area, away from fire or high heat.
- Do not throw paint cans or burn paint cans.
Spraying Paint Without Melting
What Causes Paint To Melt?
Things like: often cause paint melting
- High paint density or high concentration: if the paint is too hot or the solvent has a slow evaporation rate, it will also cause the paint to melt. You need to reduce the amount of solvent in the paint. Then measure the viscosity of the paint to see if it is still loose or the appropriate evaporation concentration.
- Use blended gasoline with fast evaporation,
- Adjust the spray gun not according to the manufacturer’s instructions: the paint layer is too thick, which also causes the paint to melt. It is necessary to adjust the appropriate parameters such as steam pressure, gun head, and paint quantity and reduce the number of passes.
- Poor ventilation conditions.
- The paint layer is too thin, which also causes the paint to melt.
Tips For Spraying Paint Well
You should carefully study the conduit system and operate it as the instructions for use from the manufacturer. Then, periodically drain the accumulated water in the air compressor and oil separator. Be careful not to let the water enter the pipe and then paint the surface, as it will form air bubbles, pitting, and turning white. A water filter attached to the end of a spray gun is also a way you should try.
Before handling and after spraying paint, it is necessary to clean the spray gun to avoid residual paint clogging the nozzle. It is necessary to mix paint according to the manufacturer’s requirements, filter it with a specialized paint filter, then use a solvent to dilute it to the specified viscosity.
The Distance Between The Tip Of The Spray Gun And The Surface
It is about 20-25 cm. If it is too short, the paint will not disperse nicely and accumulate. On the other hand, if you place the spray gun too far, the paint will fly out wide, the paint layer will be thin, dust easily adheres to the paint.
The Moving Speed Of The Paint Sprayer
It would help if you made it 3–4 m/s; note how fast or slow the speed makes the paint film uneven. Also, it will help if you are careful when moving the spray gun perpendicular to the surface to be painted.
You Must Spray Shapes In Sequence
The regular spraying operation is from left to right, then again from right to left or top to bottom, then again. The way to spray paint beautifully is to spray repeatedly until the entire surface is completed. It will help if you also remember the next coat of paint overlaps about 1/3 – 1/2 of the width of the previous paint to help the paint film distribute evenly.
After painting, let it dry in a well-ventilated room, keep the fan about 1m above the ground to prevent dust from entering; the amount of wind in the room is not too large. Ventilation in a room must be good. You should pay attention to regularly clean fans.
Paint With An Air Compressor
Steps To Connect A Paint Gun To An Air Compressor
- Connect the paint spray gun and the air compressor. Proceed to attach the suction pipe to the paint can. Note that you can only refill the paint after thoroughly filtering.
- You proceed to operate the inflatable pump. After that, when the air pressure reaches about 2~3 KG/cm3 in the machine, it will perform the paint spraying. Spraying will be done when you press the spray gun trigger.
- In the process of using a paint spray gun, you need to pay attention to the following issues:
- You need to adjust the gun head after stopping the gas supply.
- The compressed air pressure used must be suitable when operating.
Seven Rules To Adjust The Pressure Of A Spray Gun
- Lock the spray gun latch.
- Close the air valve
- Proceed to open the electrostatic spray gun
- Place the gun on the side of the paint bucket and then pull the trigger so that you can adjust the pressure.
- Implement gun latch lock
- Proceed to open the pipeline valve to be able to adjust the pressure.
- Maintain the opening of the spool valve to suit your job.
Three Steps To Clean The Paint Gun Quickly After Use:
- After you stop the air supply and change the paint pressure, you need to lock the safety latch and then gently remove the nozzle and filter head. After removing, please soak those details in a basin of the dilute solution so that the cleaning process of excess paint takes place faster.
- Operate the instrument at low pressure and then place the straw in the diluent tank to clean the instrument.
- After completing step 2, you open the gun and soak the cleaning chemical for about 3 minutes.
Eight Notes Must Be Remembered When Using An Air Compressor
- This device generates tremendous pressure. That is why you need to be careful while using it.
- In case of accidental skin contact or eye contact, seek medical attention immediately.
- In the process of using a paint spray gun, you absolutely must not point the gun at your body and do not touch the tip of the gun when it is spraying paint.
- When using a spray gun, you must adjust the pressure accordingly to achieve high efficiency in the paint spraying process.
- Strictly follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- The compressed air pressure used must not exceed 6.5kg/cm2.
- The equipment used to carry out the paint spraying must ensure that they can withstand optimal compressed air pressure.
- Use paints suitable for equipment.
Above are ways to paint bicycles well and effectively in many different ways. Hopefully, you will have more knowledge and experience in painting bicycles with the article, see you in our new article topics.