Let’s dig into the thorough men and women shorts size chart down below to know which short size should fit you the most.
Shorts, in general, are considered the greatest friend for both men and women, particularly during the summer high temperatures. Furthermore, a few folks choose to wear shorts on a daily basis because they are more comfortable. What’s more, shorts are typically the most essential casual clothing item for everyone.
For a great fit, all items of clothing must have the accurate dimensions. Correspondingly, your shorts’ dimensions are important for them to fulfill the function you would like, for example, if you desire the shorts to help protect you from the blistering heat on a really hot summer day, you might need to determine a precise length when it comes to a short shorts, equally, if you desire it for brisk walking, you will undoubtedly desire it to be a little bit longer in length, etc.
As such, our recommendation is to always keep an eye on shorts calculation. This is why we come in to assist you in determining the proper method of measurement. And here in this article, we provide you with a comprehensive men and women shorts size chart, in addition to fighting guidelines.
Table of Contents
- Key Takeaways
- Men’s Shorts Size Chart
- Fit Tips
- Women’s Shorts Size Chart
- How Do You Measure Women’s and Men’s Shorts?
- Tips for Measuring for Your Shorts
- Men’s and women’s shorts are measured in a similar way to ensure the right fit, comfort, as well as mobility. Even though they might be made in various styles to contour to each gender’s body shape.
- In general, you should measure the three major elements to make absolutely sure that your next shorts fit your body beautifully. These factors include waist, hip, and inseam (also known as leg length) dimensions.
Men’s Shorts Size Chart
Regular Men’s Shorts Size Chart (For Standard Fit)
All items are calculated in inches. The width is calculated from pit to pit. HPS (standing for High Point Shoulder) length is determined from the top point shoulder to the base of the hem.
|Sizes||Waist size in inches||Hip size in inches||Inseam in inches|
|S||28.5-30 inches||38-40 inches||8 inches|
|M||31-33 inches||41-43 inches||8.25 inches|
|L||34-36 inches||44-46 inches||9 inches|
|XL||37-39 inches||50-52 inches||10.25 inches|
Big Men’s Shorts Size Chart
|Size||To Fit Waist (in inches)||To Fit Waist (in centimeters)|
|5XL||46 inches||117 cm|
|6XL||48 inches||122 cm|
|7XL||50 inches||127 cm|
|8XL||52 inches||132 cm|
|9XL||54 inches||137 cm|
|10XL||56 inches||142 cm|
|11XL||58 inches||147 cm|
Sizes for Tall Bottoms: (ranging from 6 feet to 6 feet 0.5 inch or from 183 to 196 cm). The leg length is basically 2 inches or 5 cm longer, and the rise is 0.5 inches or 1.5 cm higher than your normal fit.
Tall sizes are, unfortunately, just offered in a small number of styles. The length of the clothing from the crotch stitching to the hem is referred to as the leg length. Please see the product description for style-specific leg length information.
If any of your body calculations is somewhere between two sizes, purchase the smaller size for a more secure fit or the bigger version for a more comfortable fit. If your midriff and hip readings correlate to 2 distinct recommended sizes, purchase the one suggested by your hip circumference.
Women’s Shorts Size Chart
Women shorts size chart in inches
|Waist sizes||26-28 inches||28-30 inches||30-32 inches||32-34 inches||34-36 inches||36-38 inches|
|Hips sizes||34-36 inches||36-38 inches||38-40 inches||40-42 inches||42-44 inches||44-46 inches|
|Inside Leg Length||8.2 inches||8.6 inches||9 inches||9.4 inches||9.8 inches||10.2 inches|
Women shorts size chart in centimeters
|Waist||65-70 cm||70-75 cm||75-80 cm||80-85 cm||85-90 cm||90-95 cm|
|Hips||85-90 cm||90-95 cm||95-100 cm||100-105 cm||105-110 cm||110-115 cm|
|Inside LegLength||21 cm||22 cm||23 cm||24 cm||25 cm||26 cm|
Women’s shorts size conversion chart
Please refer to the table down below to find your right shorts size.
If one of your metrics is somewhere between sizes, buy the smaller size if you prefer a secure fit or the bigger size if you tend to favor a looser fit.
Note: If your hip and midriff dimensions correlate to distinct recommended sizes, purchase the one stated by your hip size.
|Hips size in inches and centimeters||33-34.5 Inches or approx.84-87.5 cm||34.5-36 Inches or approx.87.5-91.5 cm||36-38 Inches or approx.91-97 cm||38-40 Inches or approx.97-102 cm||40-42 Inches or approx.102-107 cm||42-44 Inches or approx.107-112 cm||44-46 Inches or approx.112-117 cm|
|Waist size in inches and centimeters||23-24.5 Inches or approx.58-62 cm||24.5-26 Inches or approx.62-66 cm||26-28 Inches or approx.66-71 cm||28-30 Inches or approx.71-76 cm||30-32 Inches or approx.76-81 cm||32-34 Inches or approx.81-86 cm||34-36 Inches or approx.86-91 cm|
|Inside Leg in inches and centimeters||29.5 Inches or approx.75.5 cm||30 Inches or approx.76 cm||30.5 Inches or approx.77.5 cm||31 Inches or approx.79 cm||31.5 Inches or approx.80 cm||32 Inches or approx.81 cm||32.5 Inches or approx.82.5 cm|
How Do You Measure Women’s and Men’s Shorts?
Before we begin calculating, place the clothing smoothed on a solid floor and soften out any freckles.
- Waist Measurement: To measure the midriff, first zip up your shorts. Stretch the shorts straight on the ground and smooth out any wholeness or freckles.
- Front Rise Measurement: Disperse the shorts on the surface or desk with the buttons up; then eliminate all lumps and bumps and calculate this area from the crotch stitch spot to the midriff band spot.
- Hip Measurement: Take a measurement across the hip region, which is usually 1.5 inches underneath the zipper.
- Thigh Measurement: From the crotch stitching to 1 to 2 inches underneath the hip region.
- Length Measurement: Disperse the shorts out on a desk, ground, or another hard floor, and outseams on both edges, with the shorts, zipped up. Calculate the length from the upper edge of the midriff band after clearing all freckles and puffiness.
- Leg Length or Inseam Measurement: With the shorts zipped up, lay them flat on the ground. After that, eliminate each and every fine line and roundness that may be visible. Presently, calculate the leg length gap all the way from the crotch, precisely where both the front and back stitching match, based on the inseam you finally want.
- Leg Opening Measurement: In the final stage, repeat the previous procedure by spreading the shorts on a level floor, such as a desk or the ground. After clearing any excess fullness or freckles, start measuring from one side of the leg’s entrance to the other side.
Tips for Measuring for Your Shorts
- All calculations should be taken while lying flat. Perform this task on a freshly vacuumed surface or desk. Hanging garments could really extend when you calculate, and putting them on a dress model of various sizes could really cause your dimension to be off.
- Use an adaptable measuring tape that is at least 36 inches long. Try taking clothing readings with a regular 12-inch ruler; you would then get an incorrect calculation. If you don’t have any measuring tape available at home and it’s an urgent matter, you could always find a printable measuring chart online.
- Take two measurements! If you don’t have the same readings the second time around, try once more.
- Take measurements to the closest 14 inches. Something a little more particular is meaningless, but keep in mind that lying flat readings are usually doubled (for instance, a lying flat midriff of 11.5 inches might be comprehended as a 23 inches midsection), so a 14 inch distinction might have a significant impact.
- Take measurements while photographing. Attempting to calculate while keeping a list at your table ultimately necessitates a lot more time and effort as you change it back and forth among activities.