If you’re not sure how to set the timer on your new flameless candles, don’t worry, it’s surprisingly easy! It’s as easy as turning the dial on the side of your candle until you see a number and then pressing down. Some candles will let you set a countdown from anywhere between 30 minutes to 12 hours with each rotation of the dial. You can also select hours or minutes if you just want something in between.
Table of Contents
- How to Set Timer on Flameless Candles?
- Types of Flameless Candles Timer Power On / Off Buttons
- What number do you see when you press down to put in the timer on your flameless candles?
- What are the advantages of flameless candles?
- What are the disadvantages of flameless candles?
- Do they need lights turned on during the day while they are burning?
- How many hours will one candle burn?
- What’s the difference between an electric candle and a battery-operated candle?
- How to make flameless candles look real?
- Where to buy flameless candles?
How to Set Timer on Flameless Candles?
Setting timer on flameless candles can be difficult You don’t want to forget about your candle and have it burn down the house, but you also don’t want to set a time that’s too short.
Here is 3 ways to set timer on flameless candles:
This video explains in detail how to use this item to turn your ordinary candles into the most breathtaking yet remarkable flameless candles you can afford. You’ll learn what the candle lamp candle timer is, where you get them, how to use and how it works.
Some candles have a button on the bottom that you can press in order to set your timer. If your candle doesn’t have this option, then you probably need to use the dial.
• Read the instructions before proceeding with any of these steps.
• Be sure your flameless candle is unplugged before attempting any of these steps.
• If your candles have an auto shut-off feature, be sure to turn it back on.
• If your candle has a dial, set it to the timer you want to use. If the dial only offers 30 minutes and 12 hours, choose a time in between.
• Turn off (if possible) or unplug your candle.
• Place candles on a shelf or table.
• Set a timer (if possible) or leave them on Longest Timer if they have that option.
• Place candles on the cord (if available).
• Do not touch candles while lighting- that’s why there’s a timer!
• Be ready! Place lamp on (or near) table or shelf.
• Click the Fire button to trigger the timer, if necessary.
• Enjoy your flickering light!
• Don’t forget to turn off all candles when you leave the room, for your safety!
Flameless candles come with a wide variety of features that you need to be aware of before setting a timer. Some flameless candles have built-in timers, while others require the use of an additional accessory.
Flameless candles with the push button only function, like these from Primitive Candles, can be turned on and off with a push of a button. Just press the top of the battery to get these candles to turn on and off!
A remote control is also an option for your flameless candles. You can find these types of candles at Primitive Candles with a sleek design that adds to the ambiance of your room. These are single use candles but are easily replaced by replacing the battery on the top of the candle.
When you want to turn the flameless candle off, simply unscrew the base. When you want to turn it back on, screw it back in place.
There is an on/off switch button, which can be used for turning the candle off or on. The Flameless Candles come in three colors: White, Ivory, and Warm White.
If the timer has two buttons, one for 5 hours and one for 10 hours, you can set them by pressing the button for the amount of time you want.
Some timers need to be held down for 3 seconds to set and you will see light sparkle around the number you are setting. The light will then shine continuously for that amount of time.
Candles will stay for 5 hours or 10 hours depend on what button you press on the timer.
A Programmable Timer is a power-saving device that may be set to turn off the flame on a Flameless Candle at any required time. If you would like to dim or switch off the flame after a specified amount of time, it’s best to invest in a programmable timer. The timer will allow you to set an alarm for when the timer should turn off, so you are able to have personalized use for your Flameless Candle.
A Programmable Timer also offers many other features that can help provide additional benefits, such as scheduling the unit’s use to conserve electricity when not in use.
Such flameless candles usually has one button to set countdown time. You can set the time by pushing the one button and it will show the time on the screen. Sometimes you can hold the button to set the time.
How to program remote for flameless candles?
To program the remote you need to press and hold the button on candle until light flashes, release and repress.
You should see various lights as you continue to press the button (left side of LED area). You then select which function that is programmed by pressing both buttons at once for 3 seconds.
The first three lights represent the amount of time you want the candle to be on, and therefore is represented by a 1, a 2 or a 3.
The fourth light represents how long the candle will stay off before turning back on. This is from between 010 hours.
The fifth light represents the amount of time before it shuts itself off if not used again. So this can be from 015 minutes or up to 050 hours.
What number do you see when you press down to put in the timer on your flameless candles?
For a timer that’s 30 minutes, the number will be one. For a timer that’s 12 hours, it will be six. Of course, there are many other numbers in between.
What are the advantages of flameless candles?
The advantages of flameless candles are that they are very easy to put in, there is no danger of fire and they are especially good for people who have mobility problems or arthritis. There are also many other reasons like the environment, looks and so on.
What are the disadvantages of flameless candles?
There are many disadvantages of flameless candles:
- They can’t be left on when you go out or go to bed, otherwise they will burn.
- The parts cannot be replaced with new parts when it is broken (you need to purchase a new one).
- The flameless candle often burns a lot of electricity in the long run (around 1$ per month) because of the timer, even if you don’t use it that often.
- The flameless candle doesn’t simulate a true flame.
Do they need lights turned on during the day while they are burning?
No. The flameless candle will burn without lights turned on, because it’s not a real candle.
How many hours will one candle burn?
One flameless candle will burn for about three to five hours (depending on the size of the candle) in one session. There are candles that come with a time control that allows you to set the number of hours the candle should burn. You can choose from one minute all the way up to several days (8 days).
What’s the difference between an electric candle and a battery-operated candle?
An electric candle is Soft Flames, Energy Saving, and Well-designed.
An electric candle is a device that looks like a real candle, but there is no flame. This type of candle is better than battery-operated candles because they do not need electricity or batteries to operate their lifelike appearance. The flameless candles in our shop use the same technology as an electric candle but without the electric part (the lights and the fan). The only thing that is required is electricity (regular or solar) to power the flameless candle. The design of the electric candle contributes to energy savings, and this is because there are no flames that need to be turned on and therefore all that energy that would be wasted putting the lights on getting used to light up the wax/flame inside. The shape of the electric candle has better ergonomics than other candles because it follows a natural curve, making it more comfortable for holding in your hand.
How to make flameless candles look real?
There are several things that you can do to make the flameless candles look like real candles:
- Use the candles in some transparent glass jars.
- Add a flicker to make the candle flicker just like real candle flame does when it is burning.
- Add some color into the candle using the colored drop of wax (oil based) that you put down in a glass jar. It acts like a dye to add color to the candle wicks.
- Use separate wicks for each color, and it is best that you make your own colored candles.
- Add some scented oil or perfume into the wax itself, instead of using a scent stick/wax that comes with your candles supply kit.
- Use real wick for your flameless candles, and trim it, then “flame” it to make the candle look more like real one.
- Add some decor in the candle jars. You could add some flowers, candies, etc that are “blooming” or in season.
- Add a colored ring to your candle wick to give it a more natural look. This is an old technique from candle making that has been around for hundreds of years.
- Make your own wax melting pot and have it ready before you take the candles out of the molding process, so that you can easily melt the wax for pouring into your jars
Where to buy flameless candles?
For Christmas or Halloween or Thanksgiving, there are lots of flameless candles for sale in the local shops. They have different colors, sizes, shapes, and prices. If you want to buy some for your house or for business usage, you need to do some research on these best flameless candles reviews first.