The CYSS Sensations quarterly magazine is a great resource about Child, Youth and School Services. Each edition will be full of activities, classes, programs, services, and special events information and schedules. more...
Parent Central Services
Bldg 121, Rm 140 - 761st Tank Battalion Ave.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Walk-in registrations welcome until 3:30 pm
- Registrations by appointment only on Friday
Extended hours Wednesdays 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Appointments are recommended for all registrations, both initial and renewal
- Wednesday walk-in registrations welcome until 4:30 pm
Payments, SKIESUnlimited and Youth Sports enrollments, document updates, wait list inquiries and general information are available during all hours of operation.
Call today for an appointment
Phone: 254-287-8029 | Fax: 254-287-5123
Annual Registration is FREE
Request for Care
- All Families will use MilitaryChildCare.com to create or access their account when requesting childcare services at Fort Hood.
- The site will allow Families to search for and request full day and part day care programs for infants through 5th grade and provides an anticipated date.
- Allows easy access to manage child care requests online.
- Provides an anticipated placement time for programs with a waitlist.
- For assistance with creating or accessing your account, call the support lines at 855-696-2934 or the CYSS Parent Central Services team at 254-287-8029.
- CYSS Child Care Fees are based on Total Family Income
items required for registration
Children in 5th grade and younger:
• Military / Civilian ID Card
Current shot records (not required for children enrolled in 1st grade and older if enrolled in public school)
Completion of a Health Screening Tool
(additional forms, completed by your health care provider, may be required)
Health Assessment (a 30 day grace period is given to those registering with Fort Hood CYSS for the first time)
Current household income verification (LES/pay stubs) will be used to calculate Total Family Income (TFI). Your Family’s TFI will determine your fee category for full time, part time, before/a fter school care and camps.
- Youth in 6th grade and older:
- Teen registration packet (can be picked up and dropped off at PCS or any Youth Center, with verification of ID card)
Additional Registration Information:
- A sports physical is required for all children prior to participating in Youth Sports & Fitness activities.
- A Family Care Plan is required for all single and dual military (a 30 day grace period is given).
- 2 local emergency contacts are required for all ages.
- Completion of Special Needs Accommodation Process is required before registration, if applicable.
- Registration must be renewed annually.
Registration documents can be found at CYS Services Online
Log in or sign in as a guest and click on the “Forms-Links” drop-down menu.
Eligible CYSS patrons include Active Duty Military, including Reserve Component military personnel on Active Duty or inactive duty training status, and members of the National Guard on full-time National Guard duty who are performing Active Guard and Reserve duty, combat related wounded warriors, surviving spouses of military who died from combat related incident, those acting in loco parentis for dependent child of an otherwise eligible patron, DoD Civilian employees paid from either appropriated funds (APF or NAF), and eligible employees of DoD Contractors. Retiree's eligibility is limited to the use of SKIES, YC and Sports and Fitness programs.
Retirees, those who work on Fort Hood but do not meet established eligibility requirements, employed custodial parents of ID card-holding children and youth, and visiting children and youth of eligible patrons with power of attorney have been authorized to use care and services on a space available basis in programs where no waiting list exists.
Special Needs Accommodation Process (SNAP)
Children with asthma/respiratory disorders, allergies, dietary restrictions, diabetes, seizures, autism, or other health or behavioral concerns that require accommodation and/or medication, are required to complete SNAP. This process, which includes a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, assists Families in determining the safest, least restrictive, and most appropriate placement for children and teens. SNAP completion is required for annual CYSS registration, when applicable.
IAW DA Regulations, complete and current immunizations are required for all CYSS participants. Exceptions based on religious and medical reasons must be submitted to Fort Hood Child, Youth & School Services for decision. Army Public Health Nursing and SJA may be consulted on these requests. State of Texas Immunization Waivers and reasons of conscious will not be accepted.