Footwear with right ankle support will relieve foot pains during activities. Check out this list of 15 best shoes for ankle support and pick your preferred products.
If you have a habit of walking a long distance for exercise, taking part in some sports activities, or just hanging out with friends and family regularly, then you may have to suffer foot pains or sore feet from wearing your footwear for long hours. Therefore, finding a solution to these problems is essential.
The best thing you can do is wearing shoes that feature the right arch and ankle support. These functions will help reduce stress pressure on the ankles and other parts of the feet and prevent injuries and foot pains so that you can experience the comfort of wearing all the livelong day.
But as usual, it is quite tough to choose appropriate ankle support shoes from thousands of products on the market that suit your taste, purpose of use, and meet all the requirements. Therefore, I’m here to help you with the buying by sorting out the 15 best shoes for ankle support available on Amazon now, which definitely will serve your needs well. Take a look at this article and make your choice.
Table of Contents
- What are The Best Shoes for Ankle Support?
- All Shoes for Ankle Support – Comparison Chart
- Top 15 Best Shoes for Ankle Suppor Reviews in 2022
- Best Overall: KEEN Men’s Targhee II Shoes For Ankle Support
- Best for Walking: Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker Shoes
- Best for Ankle Support Basketball: Under Armour Men’s Curry 3 Shoes
- Best for Men: Merrell Moab 2 Vent Mid Hiking Boots
- Best for Ankle Injury: New Balance Women’s 928V3 Shoes
- Best Running Shoes for Ankle Support: ASICS Men’s Gel Nimbus 18 Shoes
- Best for Lace-Up Boots: Dr. Martens Women’s 1460 Original Boots
- Best for Skateboarding: Vans Sk8-Hi Unisex High-Top Shoes
- Best Work Shoes for Ankle Support: Propét Men’s LifeWalker Strap Shoes
- Best Tennis Shoes for Weak Ankles: RYKA Women’s Tenacity Cross-Trainer Shoes
- Best for Women: Ryka Sky Walk Shoes
- Best for Arthritis Ankle: Saucony Women’s ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoes
- Best Choice: Comfortable Spirit Women’s Romy Sneakers For Ankle Support
- Best for Woman Trainer: AVIA Avi-Tangent Shoes
- Best Inexpensive: Skechers Women’s Go Step Untouched Shoes
- Shoes for Ankle Support Buyer Guide: How to Choose a Right Shoe?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- My Top Picks
What are The Best Shoes for Ankle Support?
In this part, I sorted out the ten suggested best shoes for ankle support with outstanding features. Refer to this part if you find it hard to make a choice.
Best Overall: KEEN Men’s Targhee II Shoes
100% waterproof Nubuck uppers offer all-terrain traction, padded collars, mesh lining.
Good for Ankle Support Basketball: Under Armour Men’s Curry 3 Shoes
Breathable molded uppers, offer a secure fit, cushioned midsoles, Steph Curry signature on the side.
Good for Ankle Injury: New Balance Women’s 928V3 Shoes
Low-top design, ABZORB cushioning, feature ROLLBAR stability system, NDurance outsoles.
Good Running Shoes for Ankle Support: ASICS Men’s Gel Nimbus 18 Shoes
Multi-directional stretch mesh, heel clutching system, seam-free built, extra cushioned insoles.
Good for Sprained Ankle:Vans Sk8-Hi Unisex High-Top Shoes
Stylish high-top shoes, provide ankle joint support, breathable mesh uppers, cushioned insoles.
Good Work Shoes for Ankle Support: Propét Men’s LifeWalker Strap Shoes
100% leather uppers, dual velcro straps, brushed nylon lining, removable cushioned orthotics.
Good Tennis Shoes for Weak Ankles: RYKA Women’s Tenacity Cross-Trainer Shoes
Strong lacing with velcro straps, breathable synthetic mesh, roomy toe box, offer a secure fit.
Good for Ankle Arthritis: Saucony Women’s ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoes
Full-grain leather uppers, low-top design, durable non-marking outsoles, Progrid cushioning.
Good Choice: Easy Spirit Women’s Romy Sneakers
Excellent shock absorbing abilities, flexible soles, padded collars, cushioned foam sock liners.
Good for Inexpensive: Skechers Women’s Go Step Untouched Shoes
Offer medium ankle support, lightweight and flexible, soft suede uppers, comfy fabric lining.
All Shoes for Ankle Support – Comparison Chart
In this part, I will put together all the products included in this review in the table below. You can cast a glance at it to make it easier to pick out the best shoes for ankle support for yourself.
|Best Shoes for Ankle Support||It's Best for||Main Materials|
|KEEN Men’s Targhee II Shoes For Ankle Support||Best for Hiking||Nubuck leather/Rubber|
|Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker Shoes||Best for Walking||Leather/Synthetic|
|Under Armour Men’s Curry 3 Shoes||Best for Basketball||Textile/Mesh/Rubber|
|Merrell Moab 2 Vent Mid Hiking Boots||Best for Men||Suede/Leather/Vibram|
|New Balance Women’s 928V3 Shoes||Best for Ankle Injury||Leather/Rubber|
|ASICS Men’s Gel Nimbus 18 Shoes||Best for Running||Synthetic/Textile/Rubber|
|Dr. Martens Women’s 1460 Original Boots||Best for Lace-Up Boots||Leather/Synthetic|
|Vans Sk8-Hi Unisex High-Top Shoes||Best for Skateboarding||Canvas/Rubber|
|Propét Men’s LifeWalker Strap Shoes||Best for Work||Leather/Nylon/Rubber|
|RYKA Women’s Tenacity Cross-Trainer Shoes||Best for Tennis||Leather/Synthetic|
|Ryka Sky Walk Shoes||Best for Women||Leather/Mesh/Synthetic|
|Saucony Women’s ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoes||Best for Arthritis Ankle||Leather/Rubber|
|Comfortable Spirit Women’s Romy Sneakers For Ankle Support||Best Choice||Leather/Mesh/Rubber|
|AVIA Avi-Tangent Shoes||Best for Woman Trainer||Leather/Synthetic|
|Skechers Women’s Go Step Untouched Shoes||Best for Budget||Suede/Rubber|
Top 15 Best Shoes for Ankle Suppor Reviews in 2022
In this section, I’m going to do an in-depth review of each item included in this list. Read thoroughly and determine what best shoes for ankle support that you want to purchase.
Best Overall: KEEN Men’s Targhee II Shoes For Ankle Support
|Dimensions||10 x 14 x 6 inches|
|Item weight||15.4 oz|
- Waterproof Nubuck uppers, breathable membrane
- Removable EVA insoles, shock-absorbing EVA midsoles
- Cushioned collars, adjustable contoured heel lock
- Rubber outsoles offer all-terrain traction
- Waterproof hiking shoes for ankle support
- Keep feet cool and dry
- Aggressive traction outsoles provide best grips on all surfaces
- Feature extra padding and support shock-absorbing
- Great shoe for everyday use
- Well-made and high-quality
- Roomy toe box
- Sizes are easy to go wrong
- Only mild ankle support offered
Hiking shoes are one of the best shoes for ankle support as they feature more protection of feet and ankles than other types of regular shoes. Thus, these KEEN Men’s Targhee II Hiking Shoes are at the top of this list for their outstanding performance. With the great support and comfort they bring, your feet and ankle joints will sure be comfortable and protected during outdoor activities.
The shoe uppers are waterproof and feature KeenDry breathable membrane to keep feet dry, fresh, and comfy. They are also suitable to wear in wet weather conditions. The external stability shank provides extra support to enhance the movement flexibility and torsion control on the rough surfaces. Plus, you can adjust the supportive level through the contoured heel lock, which is impressive.
Hikers require many comforts in their footwear, that’s why the KEEN Men’s Targhee II Hiking shoe feature cushioned collars to help decrease the friction around your ankles and prevent irritation. The removable dual-density insoles combine with shock-absorbing EVA midsoles offer the best cushions and support that you need.
Best for Walking: Brooks Women’s Addiction Walker Shoes
|Dimensions||12.4 x 7.4 x 4.8 inches|
|Item weight||12.8 oz|
- 100% man-made materials, a wide range of widths
- Feature forefoot MC Pod construction, offer a secure fit
- Soft cushions, feature Progressive Diagonal Rollbar
- Durable slip-resistant outsoles
- Well-made and durable walking shoes for everyday use
- Slip-resistant outsoles offer high traction and stability
- Great ankle support and roomy toe box
- Keep the body in a natural motion
- Make every step cushioning and comfortable
- Work well for plantar fasciitis
- Sizes run a bit large
- Only mild ankle support offered
The Brooks Women’s Addiction Shoes are always on the list of the best shoes for ankle support for sports activities. Since these walking shoes come with a wide range of sizes and options available in narrow width to extra-wide width, you can easily find the accurate sizes for yourself. The neutral colors of these shoes also deliver a classic and sleek look. And the most important thing is that they will provide the support and comfort you need for all the outdoor activities from casual hanging out to physical practices.
The manufacturer understands that wearers need the best ankle support shoes that can offer a secure fit and assurance. Therefore, the Brooks Women’s Addiction Shoes come with reliable lace-up closure and the forefoot MC Pod construction to ensure the maximum balance, stability, and fitment. Besides, the Progressive Diagonal Rollbar gives more arch support and guides your body to move naturally and accurately.
Each of the steps will be lighter and cushioning with these shoes on thanks to the BioMoGo DNA soft cushions. Plus, the non-slip outsoles offer high traction on every surface.
For more durable shoes like this, you may want to check out this top 15 best durable shoes here.
Best for Ankle Support Basketball: Under Armour Men’s Curry 3 Shoes
|Dimensions||11 x 4 x 7 inches|
|Item weight||14 oz|
- Molded uppers, high rise shoes
- Cushioned midsoles, breathable mesh materials
- Rubber outsoles offer high traction
- Flexible and durable
- Ankle top design offers more support
- Deliver a contemporary and classic look
- Durable and breathable materials
- Comfortable and cushioned to wear
- Outsoles provide good traction
- Flexible and long-lasting
- Perfect for sports and physical activities
- Lack of arch support
In case you want to have some outstanding high rise sneakers for sports activities, I put these Under Armour Men’s Curry 3 Basketball Shoes on this list to take them into account. These are the best shoes for ankle support with high-top design to provide extra support and protection to prevent wearers from getting injuries and pains while doing sports or types of physical activities.
The materials of shoe uppers are textile fabric and mesh tongue that make them both breathable and sturdy to make sure that your feet always stay comfy and dry. The molded uppers give feet a secure fit and adapt to foot shape well. The design of these shoes is also contemporary and sleek with lace-up closure and the signature of famous basketball player Steph Curry on the sides.
The Under Armour Men’s Curry 3 Basketball Shoes provide high flexibility and support for free movements. They are the best shoes for ankle support for sports use that you can get on the market.
Best for Men: Merrell Moab 2 Vent Mid Hiking Boots
|Dimensions||13 x 8 x 5 inches|
|Item weight||17 oz|
|Material||Suede leather and mesh|
- Suede, leather and mesh uppers
- Removable EVA contoured footbeds, mesh lining
- 5mm lug depth, Vibram soles
- Molded arch shank, closed-cell foam tongue
- Excellent arch support and ankle support
- Provide excellent Vibram traction for all-terrains
- Reduces impacts and stress on feet
- Breathable and lightweight
- Offer extra cushions and support
- Offer great fit and valid to size
- Best hiking boots for long-lasting wear
- Shoes are not entirely waterproof
As I have mentioned that hiking footwear supports well for ankles, these Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Mid Hiking Boots will make it the perfect choice for your hiking purpose among the best shoes for ankle support available on the market today.
These shoes feature an aggressive look and come with a mid-rise top design to provide extra ankle support and protection to avoid ankle sprain during the outdoor activities. They are also super flexible and lightweight enough to make it easy for hikers to walk a long way without being fatigued. Plus, the molded nylon arch shank offers extra arch support.
The Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Boots feature a durable and breathable suede leather and mesh uppers. This combination helps keep wearers’ feet fresh and dry during physical activities and offers long-lasting wear all year round.
These boots come with deep lugs and outsoles with excellent traction on most surfaces for a safe hiking experience. The Vibram soles feature shock absorption that helps reduce impacts on the feet and ankle. Plus, the protective toe cap and extra padding with breathable mesh lining and removable EVA contoured footbeds ensure that you have the best comfort ever.
Best for Ankle Injury: New Balance Women’s 928V3 Shoes
|Dimensions||10 x 15 x 6 inches|
|Item weight||10.9 oz|
- Low-top design, lace-up closure
- Feature ABZORB cushioning
- ROLLBAR stability system and Walking Strike Path
- NDurance rubber outsoles for long-lasting wear
- High durability for long-lasting wear
- Provide extra support and stability
- Feature advanced technologies
- Odor-resistant and seamless interior
- Help to guide feet through the gait cycle
- Comfortable and cushioning
- Come in a wide range of sizes
- A bit stiff and inflexible
The New Balance shoe brand is well-known in the footwear industry for manufacturing the best shoes for ankle support widely trusted by many customers. The New Balance 928V3 Walking Shoes are among the top products of this brand that provide sufficient support for feet and ankles as well as excellent motion control and stability.
These shoes feature durable and breathable full-grain leather uppers for comfortable wearing throughout the day. They also feature enhanced technologies to improve the comfort and stability system, such as the ABZORB system. It includes shock-absorbing midsoles that help reduce stress and provide extra cushions, as well as a Rollbar stability system that helps with the motion control in the rearfoot. All of these combine with the Walking Strike Path that helps to guide wearers’ feet carefully through the gait cycle when walking.
Besides, The828V3 Walking Shoes have a seamless and odor-resistant liner that will keep feet comfortable and fresh all day. And finally, the sturdy NDurance rubber outsoles come with excellent traction and durability for long-lasting use.
Best Running Shoes for Ankle Support: ASICS Men’s Gel Nimbus 18 Shoes
|Dimensions||16 x 10 x 6 inches|
|Item weight||11.4 oz|
- Synthetic and textile uppers
- Seamless interior design, heel clutching system
- Feature gel cushioning system, bounce-back technologies
- Rubber outsoles offer high traction
- Excellent shoe for daily activities
- High heel and arch support
- Breathable and extra-cushioning
- Feature technologies for extra comfort and stability
- Can be worn by people with plantar fasciitis
- Seamless inner design
- Bold and striking colors
- The toe box is a bit narrow
- Only offer mild ankle support
These ASICS Men’s Gel-Nimbus 18 Running Shoes are the innovative design that will provide everything you need for daily activities with sufficient support and other features of the best shoes for ankle support, whi9ch will ensure to prevent ankle injuries from physical activities. These shoes are available in two bold colors with red gamut and blue gamut. You can choose the ones that you prefer.
The upper materials of the Gel Nimbus 18 are a combination of textile and synthetic, which provide the high breathability and durability to work well on your feet all day and keep the moisture out. The uppers are also very stretchy thanks to their multi-directional stretch mesh, which will mold your feet well and make every athletic activity easier.
These shoes also feature a gel cushioning system in the rearfoot and forefoot that helps to reduce impacts and guide feet through walking gait cycle naturally. Moreover, the FluidRide Midsole offers superior cushions, and the heel clutching system enhances support in the heel. Plus, these shoes have a seamless interior that does not cause irritation and discomfort.
Best for Lace-Up Boots: Dr. Martens Women’s 1460 Original Boots
|Dimensions||13 x 11.4 x 5 inches|
|Shipping weight||36.78 oz|
- 6.5″ high of the shaft, leather uppers
- Feature Goodyear Welt Construction
- Adjustable lace-up design with 8 eyelets
- Air-cushioned soles
- Made from high-quality Nappa leather
- Durable and long-lasting design
- Provide adjustable fit with laces
- Ankle height for extra support and protection
- Suitable for everyday use and special events
- Comfy and cushioning
- Deliver a sleek and stylish look
- Make feet look big
- The top of the boots is a bit snug
If you are looking for high-top boots with excellent ankle support to mix with types of your outfits on a special occasion, these Dr. Martens Women’s 1460 would be a perfect choice. These boots offer a contemporary and classic silhouette look and give all the necessary features you need in the best shoes for ankle support. Let’s see what these high-top boots bring!
First, Dr. Martens 1460 features 6.5″ shaft height for the extra ankle protection. They also come with lace-up design with eight eyelets that allow you to adjust to achieve the best fitment. The durable construction uses the Goodyear Welt technique, which gives you the most long-lasting wear for decades. You will find it super comfy and cushioned with every step, thanks to the air-cushioned soles and high flexibility.
These Dr. Martens 1460 boots are worth a try as they are not only the long-lasting design but also provide excellent stability and support. Moreover, the sleek look with heel loops, grooved sides, and high topline make them suitable to wear on every event.
Best for Skateboarding: Vans Sk8-Hi Unisex High-Top Shoes
|Dimensions||11 x 4 x 7 inches|
|Shipping weight||45.86 oz|
|Material||Canvas and suede|
- High-top design, Canvas uppers
- Padded collars, reinforced toe box
- Rubber outsoles with excellent grips
- Various colors available
- Great-quality shoes for ankle support
- High tops with extra support and protection
- Stretchy and soft Canvas uppers
- Padded collars for extra comfort and support
- Provide excellent traction and grips
- Fit great and are true to size
- Suitable for everyday wear
- Lack of orthotic support
If you often have to suffer from foot pains or sprained ankles during physical activities, these Vans Sk8-Hi are one of the best shoes for ankle support that can help save the day. These high-top designs will provide all the support needed in the ankle and feet and the padded collars and breathable, soft Canvas uppers. They will surely comfort your feet and maintain the support and protection throughout the day.
One of the most important things about these skate shoes that will help much with the ankle problems is the padded collars. With the high topline, the collars offer a snug fit and improve the joints mobility and flexibility to allow you to move freely and naturally.
As the Vans Sk8-Hi Skate Shoes are designed for such athletic activities like skateboarding, they not only provide excellent stability and mobility but also come with strength and firmness. Plus, the Canvas uppers are super stretchy and breathable, as well as mold to the feet well that offer extra comfort for all-day wear.
Best Work Shoes for Ankle Support: Propét Men’s LifeWalker Strap Shoes
|Dimensions||9.81 x 3.63 x 3.6 inches|
|Item weight||14 oz|
|Material||Leather, nylon lining|
- Leather uppers, dual velcro straps
- Adjustable hook-and-loop closure
- Padded tongue and collars
- Removable orthotics cushioned EVA midsoles
- Built-in contoured heel feature
- Well-made shoes for ankle support
- Easy to put on and off
- Provide stability and motion control
- Adjustable fit with dual velcro straps
- Comfortable and cushioning leather shoes
- Come with extra full sizes and roomy toe box
- Suitable for wide feet
- The finish is a bit dull
- Velcro straps easy to become loosen
The Propét is famous for its footwear for medical conditions and foot problems. However, this reputable shoe brand manufactures the best shoes for ankle support and motion control as well. These Propét Life Walker Strap Walking Shoes are one of their best products, which are very comfy, cushioning, supportive, and of course, orthotic-friendly.
Feature dual hook-and-loop strap closure, the Life Walker Strap allows you to adjust the fitment freely. Their padded tongue and collars combine with durable leather uppers create a snug fit and maximum ankle protection. The double straps will help keep your feet firm with the shoes and make it convenient to put on and take off every time. Besides, there are cushioned EVA midsoles for extra comfort and a sturdy heel counter in the rearfoot that offers more stability and mobility.
Like every other footwear for medical conditions, these shoes feature removable orthotic footbeds to allow wearers to replace them with their orthotics for the needed support. Finally, non-slip rubber outsoles will provide excellent traction to keep you safe when walking on the slippery surfaces.
By the way, I’ve written another article about the top 15 best shoes with orthotic footbeds, which will support your foot injuries. They are designed with custom orthotics and comfort.
Best Tennis Shoes for Weak Ankles: RYKA Women’s Tenacity Cross-Trainer Shoes
|Dimensions||5 x 5 x 0.7 inches|
|Item weight||11.2 oz|
|Material||Synthetic and mesh|
|Sole||Synthetic, EVA foam|
- Hook-and-loop closure with velcro strap
- Breathable mesh & synthetic uppers
- Synthetic outsoles with pivot points
- Feature I.H.G molded heel
- Great zumba shoes with high tops style
- Offer medium ankle support and excellent arch support
- Suitable for dance fitness and athletic activities
- Fit perfectly and have a full toe box
- Excellent shock absorption and mobility
- Offer a secure fit and extra traction
- Provide high stability and motion control
- Shoes are not lightweight
These stylish cross-training shoes are made for athletic activities or aerobic dancing to provide a wide range of joint stability and motion control for flexible movements. The design of Ryka Tenacity Cross-Trainer-Shoes is a low rise that adapts to a woman’s feet well, which means that they can offer the types of medium ankle support. When you have these trainers on, your feet and ankle will be protected and can move freely and flexibly.
As these shoes are for aerobics and dancing, they can give you a lot of joint mobility and traction when moving. Their rubber outsoles with pivot points offer excellent traction and grips on the ground to allow wearers to move around or perform the motion smoothly. Besides, they come with a midfoot Velcro strap to offer a secure fit and protection.
You will also feel breathable and comfortable in these shoes, thanks to their synthetic and mesh uppers. The Direct-Fuse and Flex Foil materials give your feet extra stability and support, while the shock-absorbing soles come with extra padding as well.
Best for Women: Ryka Sky Walk Shoes
|Dimensions||12 x 8.1 x 4.8 inches|
|Item weight||7.9 oz|
|Material||Leather and mesh|
- Leather and mesh uppers
- Low-top design with laces
- Well-cushioned lining, memory foam soles
- Rubber outsoles offer high traction and stability
- A wide range of color options
- Feature memory foam soles with latex for extra cushions
- Outsoles provide high traction and stability
- Lightweight walking shoes for daily wear
- Cushioned and comfy to wear
- Shoes are mostly true to size
- Sizes run small
- The toe box is a little narrow
- Not suitable for plantar fasciitis
Here we come with another Ryka footwear again with the Sky Walk Athletic Shoes. These are one of the best shoes for ankle support with a lightweight design and cushioning lining. These sneakers are appropriate for daily use as they can provide the necessary support for feet and ankles and allow you to feel comfortable during everyday activities.
With the design with secure laces and soft, breathable leather and mesh uppers, the Ryka Sky Walk Shoes can easily mold to your feet well and provide a perfect fit. The lace-up design will help keep your feet stable and firm inside the shoes no matter what activities you have been performing.
Since the Ryka Sky Walk feature low-top design, they can only provide mild ankle support. However, they can keep your feet comfortable with supportive features like breathable mesh uppers, durable leather overlays, cushioned sock liners, and memory foam soles with latex. All of these are to ensure that you can have the comfiest wearing experience throughout the day.
Best for Arthritis Ankle: Saucony Women’s ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoes
|Package dimensions||12 x 7.6 x 4.6 inches|
|Item weight||9.8 oz|
- Full-grain leather uppers, low rise shoes
- Padded collars and tongue
- Non-marking outsoles feature Walk-Trac comfort
- Well-made walking shoes for daily use
- Feature extra padding for support and comfort
- Non-marking outsoles provide excellent traction
- Suitable for high arches and plantar fasciitis
- Broad and deep toe box
- Shoes are true to size that offer a perfect fit
- Shoes need more arch support
In case you want to purchase the best shoes for ankle support to help with some foot problems, these Saucony ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoes can help. These shoes are not only supportive and durable but also comfortable to wear. They are suitable for all usual occasions. You can wear them to work, to hang out or take part in outdoor activities.
The Saucony ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoes feature low-top design, they can provide support and stability for neutral-arched feet and medium ankle support. The full-grain leather uppers with high durability can handle types of physical activities. As these shoes come with extra padding with the padded collars and tongue, they will keep your feet and ankles comfy and cushioned.
The rubber outsoles of these shoes feature Walk-Trac comfort technology that prevents them from leaving marks on the floors when being used and offering excellent traction and slip-resistance. Plus, these best shoes for ankle support available in four neutral colors. You can choose ones that are suitable for your preferences.
Best Choice: Comfortable Spirit Women’s Romy Sneakers For Ankle Support
|Package dimensions||12 x 8 x 4 inches|
|Shipping weight||32 oz|
|Material||95% Leather, 5% Mesh|
- Leather and mesh uppers
- Removable foam sock liners, padded collars
- Flexible soles, rubber outsoles
- A great walking shoe for casual wearing
- Feature cushioned sock liners for extra comfort
- Right arch and ankle support
- Flexible and orthotic-friendly
- Fit perfectly and suitable for wide feet
- Come in a wide range of width and sizes
- No real insoles
- Sneakers tie too high
The Easy Spirit has launched plenty of its footwear products for women for decades to help to make it easier and lighter for customers to wear footwear on daily occasions. And these Easy Spirit Romy sneakers are one of their best shoes for ankle support used the most by customers around the world. These shoes are suitable to wear on casual hang out or most types of outdoor activities.
The uppers of Easy Spirit Romy are a combination of leather and mesh, which means that they are very durable but also comfortable to wear at the same time. Plus, the padded collars ensure that the shoes won’t rub your ankle unpleasantly. And the removable cushioned sock liners offer extra cushions and comfort as well as extra padding to stay comfortable all day long.
These Easy Spirit Romy Sneakers are the best shoes for ankle support that come up to all the needs for daily wear or sports activities. Your feet will stay comfy and protected all the time without worrying about the risk of ankle sprain or foot pains.
Best for Woman Trainer: AVIA Avi-Tangent Shoes
|Package dimensions||11.9 x 7.6 x 4.4 inches|
|Item weight||10.6 oz|
- Synthetic uppers, lace-up closure
- Removable molded insoles, EVA midsoles
- Synthetic outsoles with external shanks
- Feature impact absorption and heel support
- Excellent arch support and added heel support
- Good cross trainer for everyday workout
- Fit perfectly and securely
- The toe box has a lot of room
- Suitable for wide feet
- The best option for customers who have trouble finding sneakers that fit well
- The materials are quite hard
- Sizes run a bit large
People who take part in walking or gym and aerobics need to wear types of footwear that is durable and flexible and provide excellent support and comfort. And these AVIA Avi-Tangent Training Sneakers are the best shoes for ankle support that can offer all of that. You can have confidence in the quality and features of these shoes that they will bring you the perfect workout experience ever.
The AVIA Avi-Tangent shoes feature a traditional lace-up closure and low-top design. They can offer a secure fit and mild ankle support. The adjustable laces can help to keep the feet in the right position inside the shoes. Meanwhile, the breathable faux-fur uppers with synthetic materials add extra durability and comfort. Plus, the padded collars and tongue make sure that your ankles stay comfy and cushioned throughout the activities.
These shoes also come with shock-absorbing EVA midsoles and removable molded insoles to provide your feet with a large number of cushions and comfort. The synthetic outsoles with external shanks offer excellent traction and support for every activity.
Best Inexpensive: Skechers Women’s Go Step Untouched Shoes
|Package dimensions||11 x 5 x 4 inches|
|Item weight||5 oz|
- Suede uppers, feature fabric lining
- Goga mat energy insoles, two-piece midsoles
- Many colors available
- Affordable price
- Good-quality materials
- Super lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Provides extra cushions and support
- Durable and long-lasting shoes
- Easy to put on and off
- Shoes make feet feel hot
- Complicated sizing
If you are on a budget and want to find the best shoes for ankle support with an affordable price tag, you should go for these Skechers Performance Go Step Untouched Walking Shoes. Most of the products can’t beat the price of these shoes, yet the Skechers Performance features high-quality materials and long-lasting construction, which is too bargain and quality for such a price tag.
The Skechers Performance shoes feature a slip-on design with no laces, which means that you don’t have to tie up or untie the sloppy laces every put on and off. These shoes have soft and comfortable suede uppers and cushioned fabric lining inside to provide you with extra comfort and cushions.
One of the most specific features of these shoes is that they have two-piece midsoles construction that makes every step energetic. And the Goga mat energy insoles make it more cushioning and lighter when walking. Plus, there is a wide range of color options for these shoes that you can pick your favorite colors.
Shoes for Ankle Support Buyer Guide: How to Choose a Right Shoe?
With the number of products included in this review, I assume it is quite hard for you to pick out the best shoes for ankle support that are suitable for you. Therefore, I will list here some factors that are worth considering to assist you in the buying.
Choosing the best shoes for ankle support means that they must fit your feet perfectly. No matter how much benefits the shoes bring, it won’t be better if they don’t fit right. The best tip to know whether the shoe products you buy will offer the right fit or not is referring to the customers’ review or the sizing information about the shoes which you’re going to buy. You will know whether the shoes fit true to size, run small, or run large so that you can pick the shoe sizes that offer the best fit for your feet.
Since you are looking for shoes with ankle support, you have to ensure that they will offer sufficient support and stability for your purpose of use. Ankle support also comes with many kinds. If you are the person who takes part in sports, you will need footwear that provides plenty of ankle support. For light running, hiking, or walking, shoes with mild ankle support are the perfect option as they feature more mobility and allow flexible movements. Choosing shoes with the right types of ankle support will help to prevent foot pains and injuries as well as improve comfort.
Stability is also a significant factor of the best shoes for ankle support that helps you to feel secure and stable with every step. Looking for shoes with outsoles that offer high traction and grips, as well as come with some features like extra padding, solid soles or some types of shoes may have adjustable laces and velcro straps that allow you to adjust the fit.
It is essential for the best shoes for ankle support to be comfortable. Many factors contribute to the comfort of a pair of shoes, such as breathability, support, stability, cushions, and the right fit. Make sure that you choose the shoes that offer the best comfort, pay attention to their materials, and footbeds. The leather or suede materials will mold your foot shape well, while others like canvas and mesh are more lightweight and breathable. As for the footbeds, the contoured or molded type will offer extra arch support and help to reduce stress and impacts on the feet so that you can feel less fatigued.
Frequently Asked Questions
After the buying guide, I’m going to put here some frequently asked questions to make it easier for you to choose yourself the best shoes for ankle support. Take a look at this part to know the answer to each item.
Do high-tops help the ankles?
High-top shoes can provide sufficient ankle support for your feet. However, the best way to prevent feet from getting injuries is to have strong muscles outside of your feet.
Are boots good for ankle support?
The hiking boots’ design is supposed to provide more foot and ankle protection than other types of regular running sneakers or street shoes. Some of that adds more stability and helps to reduce the risk of sprain ankles.
What can excellent ankle support do for my feet?
Shoes that provide the right ankle support can bring you many benefits. They will help reduce impacts and stress on the arches and ankles and prevent the risk of ankle injuries and sprain.
How can I make my ankles stronger?
Refer to the video below to know ways to strengthen your ankles:
Is too much ankle support inadequate?
Too much ankle support won’t be bad for your feet, but otherwise, it can decrease the flexible movements of feet. You will depend on the purpose of use to choose the appropriate ankle support type.
My Top Picks
Reading until this part, I hope that now you can have all the needed information to purchase the best shoes for ankle support that suit your preference, style, as well as help you well in all activities involved.
Among the products included in this article, my top picks are Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Mid Hiking Boots and RYKA Women’s Tenacity Cross-Trainer Shoes. These shoes provide essential support and features for strenuous physical activities.
To sum up, I hope that you will find this review article helpful for you in the process of choosing the best shoes for ankle support. Drop a comment below if you have any questions. I’ll try my best to answer you as soon as possible.