Dig into this blog post to understand the easy and accurate way to convert men’s shoe sizes to women’s shoe sizes. As such, you can easily pick the right size for your shoes for women next time.
When it comes to shoes, there isn’t any one-size-fits-all solution. So, just because you wear a size 7 in Docs does not mean you have the same shoe size in other brands.
We do not really need to go into the story regarding us both trying to stuff this Designer footwear that has been 2 or maybe even 3 sizes too large to perfectly fit. In fact, shoe sizing may appear to be a difficult feat, but it isn’t required to be. This is the reason we’re here, and we couldn’t really be happier.
Aside from the label, the fabric and whether the shoe is labeled women ‘s shoes or men’s shoes have an impact on the overall fit. Because shoes are not given an intimate relationship determined at birth, those metrics have really no bearing on which sneaker you “must” put on.
However, until brand names halt classifying their shoe sizes based on specific biological sex, it is still useful to know exactly how to convert shoe sizes between different countries as well as how to perfectly fit your feet while shopping for your new sneakers.
So, if you are actually looking for a new pair of footwear, whether sneakers, dress shoes, or athletic shoes, we are always here to assist. There are almost too numerous sneakers in this world and not enough time to put them all on. When you’ve decided on a style that appeals to you, the very next step is to make sure of your ultimate comfort. Here are a few common pointers to assist you in determining the best fit.
Continue reading to learn how to convert between men’s shoe sizes to women’s shoe sizes.
Table of Contents
- Why Might You Have to Convert Shoe Sizes?
- How To Convert Men’s Shoe Size to Women’s Shoe Size
- Men’s Shoe Size to Women’s in Length
- Men’s Shoe Size to Women’s in Width
- When Should You Use a Men’s to Women’s Shoe Size Conversion Chart?
- Popular Men’s Shoe Sizes to Women’s Shoe Sizes
- How to Take Foot Measurements?
- How Can I Tell If Shoes Are Wide Enough For My Narrow Feet?
- How Do I Determine Which Unisex Shoe Size to Buy?
- The Bottom Line
Why Might You Have to Convert Shoe Sizes?
Understanding your assistant shoe size could really help you increase your choices, not only when it comes to design but also if you have trouble finding sneakers that fit properly. This is particularly the case since male shoes are typically broader and longer, whereas female shoes are typically shorter and narrower.
How To Convert Men’s Shoe Size to Women’s Shoe Size
Generally speaking, a size 10 in a male’s shoe size is not always equivalent to a size 10 in a female’s shoe size. The equation for converting those shoe sizes from men’s to women’s, on the other hand, is pretty simple.
- Simply subtract two full sizes from your female’s shoe size then you will get your ideal male’s shoe size.
- You might also want to add sizes from your US male’s shoe size to get to your normal US female’s shoe size. For instance, your US female’s size 7 is similar to size 5 in a male’s shoe size.
Sneaker size converting, on the other hand, is subtly different, but it still does not necessitate the use of a calculator.
- Simply subtract 1.5 sizes from your US female’s sneaker size to get your correctly fit size in your male sneakers.
- To discern your sneaker size in US female sizing, simply add 1.5 sizes to your normal US male sneaker sizing. For instance, you will find US male’s size 6.5 sneakers perfectly fit if you usually wear size US 8 in your female sneakers.
Choosing the Best Fit
In fact, there is no denying that these converting instructions are useful, but it is really important to remember that they’re just recommendations, not algebraic equations. Shoe sizes could really differ tremendously between brands (e.g., Nike shoe size or Birkenstock Shoe Size) and even among designs within the same manufacturer. Trying on footwear in a shop remains the ideal way to get the best fit.
But if you can’t really make it to the shop or have simply capitulated to the convenience and popularity of online shopping, there is a quick fix: Simply calculate the dimensions of your feet and start comparing them to the shoe size conversion chart available on the brand’s official webpage. Bear in mind that shoes’ width is just as important as length.
In case your sneaker is too wide for you, you may have to go down half of the size or sometimes even a full size. If possible, purchase a pair of shoes in two distinct sizes to ensure a comfortable fit that is neither too small nor too large. Before you decide to place your order, take the time to read the store’s money back guarantee (a lesson that we truly learned the hard way).
Men’s Shoe Size to Women’s in Length
Female’s shoe sizes in the United States are approximately 1.5 sizes smaller than male’s shoe sizes. A lady’s size 7.5, for instance, is nearly the same as a male’s size 6.
You can take advantage of our shoe size conversion chart to determine the proper size in your male’s shoes, and then you will know exactly how small or large your feet are in contrast to male’s shoes.
Men’s Shoe Size to Women’s in Width
Letters are used in the United States to indicate shoe width. For instance, AAAA is the narrowest width. The letters that follow are AAA, AA, A, B, C, D, and E. The medium female shoe width is generally a B width, and the medium male shoe width is typically a D width.
In addition, you can sometimes find shoe widths in 2E, 3E, and 6E. However, almost all individuals remain in the same letter classification when switching from women’s shoe widths to men’s shoe widths and or vice versa because no two feet are accurately identified.
Based on the shape of a female’s feet, a lady might have to go down half of a full size to get the proper width. However, there are other factors to consider when looking for the right sneakers. Other factors to consider include toe box area, ankle space, and heel height as well.
Men’s Shoe Size to Women’s Shoe Size Conversion Chart
With the men to women shoe size conversion chart below, you can convert from women’s to men’s shoe size also by compare between men and women in US , Canada, UK and Eu Shoe Sizes.
|Canada and US Sizes||UK sizes||EU sizes|
|Women||Men||Unisex||Women’s sizes||Men’s sizes|
Other Nations’ Shoe Dimensioning System
There is a method for measuring a sneaker if you would like to know how it appears to fit. In this particular case, the length and width of the shoe will tell you its dimensions. Individuals from other nations might use either cm or in.
Because various nations have various sizes for female and male shoes, the conversion chart above illustrates what you should do if you stay in the United States, Europe, or the United Kingdom to find the most suitable shoe size in your country.
When Should You Use a Men’s to Women’s Shoe Size Conversion Chart?
In general, The most effective way to see whether new shoes would fit properly is to try them on directly in the shop. They may not fit properly, but you could always return them for various sizes. It is simply different when you buy a pair of shoes available on the internet.
Take your metrics and use the chart to determine the contrary gender’s shoe sizing. Because brands make their shoes differently, they would be of various sizes even though they are identical kinds of shoes.
So, if you’re going to buy new shoes online, purchase at least 2 different pairs and try every pair on for size prior to actually deciding which one you really want.
Popular Men’s Shoe Sizes to Women’s Shoe Sizes
Basically, there is a 1.5 size difference when it comes to men’s shoe size and women’s shoe size. In particular, male shoes are generally 1.5 sizes bigger than female shoes. And here are a few popular conversions of male shoe sizes and female shoe sizes.
- Men’s shoe size 10 is equivalent to women’s shoe size 11.5
- Men’s shoe size 9.5 is equivalent to women’s shoe size 11
- Men’s shoe size 9 is equivalent to women’s shoe size 10.5
- Men’s shoe size 8.5 is equivalent to women’s shoe size 9
- Men’s shoe size 8 is equivalent to women’s shoe size 9.5
- Men’s shoe size 7.5 is equivalent to women’s shoe size 9
- Men’s shoe size 7 is equivalent to women’s shoe size 8.5
- Men’s shoe size 6.5 is equivalent to women’s shoe size 8
- Men’s shoe size 6 is equivalent to women’s shoe size 7.5
So, Can Men Put on Women’s Shoes?
Males can, in fact, always put on a female’s shoes. However, they are generally small and snug. Men’s shoe sizes, as previously stated, are basically 1.5 to 2 sizes smaller than girls’ shoe sizes. Narrow-footed guys might prefer to wear unisex styles particularly designed for ladies because they fit them far more comfortably and, of course, better.
How to Take Foot Measurements?
Have another individual measure your feet on the ground for you for optimal outcomes. If necessary, you can complete it on your own, but there are several points to take into account when taking measurements of your feet on your own. And it is also not advised to do this shoeless since the measured values will vary based on the thickness of your tights or stocks.
Because your foot swells during the day, you must always measure just at the final moment of the day because your feet are generally at their biggest during that period.
If possible, ask somebody else to take your feet measurement while you’re trying to stand up so that they understand where to begin. Make certain that you are wearing the same socks or tights you’d usually wear with your sneakers.
If your normal shoe size starts to fall among 2 width classifications (for instance, N and M), simply choose the bigger of the two different sizes since feet innately expand as they get older.
Allow approximately half of an inch of room at the front and rear of your foot while taking measurements of your feet length to make sure that your foot comfortably correctly enters the sneaker’s toe area. Take into consideration that while this is sufficient space for most individuals to wear their sneakers comfortably, a few shoemakers will offer a bigger size if the sneakers are deliberately made for foot problems, such as hammertoes or bunions.
How do you determine the width of your feet?
Position yourself in a chair with both of your feet on the ground and pass one limb across the other so that you’re sitting on the top of your ankle for optimal outcomes.
Put the tape measure in a straight line all over your foot, starting at the finish closest to your big toe. If you are employing a sheet of paper instead of a ruler, record in which it overlaps with your foot’s 2 essential arches and then utilizes this as a reliable rule when trying to compare shoe sizing charts from various shoe brands.
How can you tell if shoes are broad enough for your feet?
Almost all shoemakers provide their customers with details about the fabrication of their sneakers, in addition to whether they are intended for wide or narrow feet or not. A few of the most popular characteristics to look for are:
- A textiles or leather footbed wrapped with a breathable mesh, for instance, perforated leather or air-permeable mesh, to enable your feet to breathe freely as well as prevent sweat.
- Smooth custom orthotics made of a non-irritating fabric, for instance, latex foam. Added padding in the foot’s ball area and hollows just underneath the heel area for extra impact absorption and additional room within the toe box area of the shoes.
How can I tell if my shoes are wide enough to be used for my high arches?
Almost all manufacturers provide relevant data about the construction of their shoes, as well as whether they are crafted for high arches. A contoured arch that helps stabilize your feet in place while running or walking.
In addition, you can find shoes that provide added lateral support beams, maintaining a steady width from toe to heel and cradle your feet one on each side of their midline. Shock-absorbent insoles are constructed from premium-quality rubber compound or foam for added comfort.
How can I tell if my shoes are wide enough for my flat feet?
Just like special shoes for wide feet or high arches, you can always find detailed information about the shoes you are going to buy to see if they are particularly made for flat feet or not. All of those details are provided by the manufacturers. The following are a few of the most typical elements to take into account:
- A skeletal silhouette in the insole (frequently located parallel to the longitudinal forward side) helps to relieve on sensitive parts, enabling your feet to even more innately comply with the contour of the sneakers.
- Added padding along the outer rim or insole of sneakers made especially for flat feet.
- In addition, extra arch support that prevents your foot from scooting forward when running or walking and provides added room inside the toe box area of sneakers.
- Strongly padded orthotics with certain stiffness on the bottom that helps maintain your arches raised while running or walking.
How Can I Tell If Shoes Are Wide Enough For My Narrow Feet?
Last but not least, narrow feet are also a common type of feet that need special shoes that comfortably fit. And you can always know if the specific shoe fits your narrow feet or not by looking at the detailed information that the shoe brand provides on its official website.
But you can also take these common elements as a reference when looking for the best shoes for your narrow feet:
- A higher removable insole (the arch just beneath the ankle) provides a natural shield to keep your feet from rolling forward, particularly during times of prolonged activity, for instance, exhaustive walking or running.
- A toe box (the section of the shoe that covers around your toes) should also be a little bit narrower or shorter. This is generally enough just to increase the thickness of shoes by a maximum of two sizes whereas keeping the length the same.
- Narrower heels with just an added thick hollow a little above every heel for the added room from within the toe box area of the shoes.
How Do I Determine Which Unisex Shoe Size to Buy?
Generally speaking, unisex shoes are simply shoes that have the same size for females and males. In particular, they often list the female’s shoe sizes comparable to the male’s sizes together, so you understand exactly which shoe size to choose. If there is just one size mentioned, it is a male’s shoe size, and you must follow the shoe size conversion or consult size charts.
Because unisex shoes are sized like male shoes, they are broader than female shoes. If you have narrower feet, such shoes might not be the perfect fit for you.
It is, in fact, hard to make an accurate conversion between male and female shoe sizes since all brand names and designs fit separately. Even so, understanding that there is typically a 1.5 size difference between men’s shoe size and female’s shoe sizes helps you get a better beginning. As a result, you can always select the most accurate size for your shoes, regardless of the department.