Lots of women like a man with chest hair, while others don’t like it at all. Keep reading to discover the reasons and ways to keep your chest hair well-maintained.
As some of you might know, in the 1980s, guys used to show off their body hair. Having said that, famous male people often show hairless bodies in films or advertisements. As a result, a lot of individuals suppose that females these days prefer guys with no hair on his chest. So, is it actually true? Are females more interested in guys with or without chest hair? Keep reading to discover this interesting truth.
- Some women really like men with chest hair, while others prefer guys with no hair on their chest.
- For those females who like chest hair, they find the man smarter and even sexier in their body hair as long as they groom and maintain their chest hair well.
- Men don’t need to shave off all of his chest hair while still looking great. In particular, regular grooming is one of the greatest ways to keep that natural look.
So, Do Women Really Like Chest Hair?
First and foremost, almost all females like guys having chest hair well groomed. Accordingly, a lot of studies have shown that up to 53% of females wanted men to shave it off, while only 17% wanted men to shave their chest completely. In other words, women do like men with chest hair, but it should be well groomed if his hair is dense or sticking out of his t-shirt.
But Why Do Some Females Prefer Chest Hair?
As previously stated, a lot of women prefer men to maintain their chest hair as long as they keep them well-trimmed. And below are a few reasons why several women prefer men with chest hair. Let’s look at it right away.
1. Make Men Look Smarter
It is widely believed that almost all females find men’s body hair, typically chest hair, make guys look not only wiser but also older than their real age. As a result, they prefer men shaving their chest hair as this can make men look far younger.
Besides, if you notice, you will see that a lot of ladies tend to look at a guy with a beard or some hair on his face, at the very least. Men with no hair on his face or body, on the other hand, don’t seem to be preferred by females. Not only to women but to other people, a guy with facial and chest hair typically looks more mature and wiser than one without any.
2. Good Fragrance
As a lot of you might not know, hairiness might enhance a guy’s sensual scent. Accordingly, a lot of scientific research shows that a girl is more likely to sniff a guy’s genetics before determining if he is suitable for her future husband’s criteria.
3. Show a Sign of A Guy’s Testosterone Levels
Generally speaking, this is reminiscent of fundamental instincts because, as a lot of you might not know, hair is basically a testosterone product. For those who don’t know, testosterone is simply a sign of energy, power, sex drive, and conviction.
But Why Don’t Some Women Like Chest Hair?
You know, there are still some females who love men’s chest hair totally bare in addition to those who prefer it when it is carefully shaved. In reality, some females even say that if a man has body hair or chest hair, they will not date them. And there are a few reasons for this, as follows:
- Those females do believe that the physical attractiveness of men will die right away even when his body, beautiful and muscular or not, is full of hair. In the end, it is really hard for women to see any muscular lines with hair on a man’s neck, chest, tummy, or even back.
- In addition, a few research even indicated that females who love a bare appearance in men do believe that keeping their chest hairless typically makes everything feels cleaner. Accordingly, these women said that they put up with a lot of trouble to get rid of unwanted hair on their bodies as it provides a clean look. Therefore, they want their men to do the same thing.
- A few ladies even think that long and dense chest or body hair and even a thorny beard can also ruin romantic moments.
So, How to Well Maintain Your Chest Hair?
Do women really like men with chest hair? So now you understand the reasons why a few females like their men hairless both on the face and chest, while others find it normal if their men have chest, facial, or even armpit hair.
So, it is safe to conclude that something between these two ends might be considered the most suitable thing. And for females, it will be equivalent to grooming and maintaining chest hair.
If you are the kind of guy who has a five o’clock shadow, it is really crucial to keep in mind that you need to keep your face and chest hair well-groomed and clean all the time. This way, your woman will feel more comfortable when kissing you. Likewise, you, as a guy, would not want your chest hair to grow so uncontrollably that your woman would have her fingers trapped in a knot of that hair.
In the end, it is all about keeping a balanced look, not too much or too less hair on your chest. As a result, the best and most crucial thing guys should do is to keep an eye on grooming your chest hair.
In fact, it might take a little bit more time and effort for guys to keep well-groomed chest hair. Even so, it will definitely assist you in enjoying your romantic moments with your woman. Guys, below are several extra tips to help you make sure that you are setting the greatest appearance going forward:
- If you don’t want to shave your body and chest hair all off, trimming it regularly is a great way to keep it well-looked. In addition, never let your chest hair grow too long as women don’t like it. If you start noticing your chest hair showing under your t-shirt, then it might be time to get it a trim.
- Think about trimming your chest hair while taking a bath to prevent your chest hair from falling around on you, causing itchiness.
- Shaving your chest hair, in fact, is similar to shaving your facial hair. Firstly, you need to clip that zone. After that, use a new and sharp blade to shave the hair off. Generally speaking, it is often better to trim your chest hair to ¼ inch first. Following this, apply a special moisturizing shaving cream before shaving it with your new blade.
- Always remember that shaving is always far better than trimming hair on your chest too much. The basic principle here is that natural looking is always best, as it can’t look great when it doesn’t look natural.
- Try to choose a style for your chest hair that you can easily shave and maintain it routinely. You know, keeping things changing constantly is never a great idea.
- Always make sure that you keep your chest hair clean and well-groomed regularly, no matter if you shave it or trim it.
- No matter if women like chest hair or not, it is always worth it to invest in a high-grade shaver to provide your chest hair with added glamor. Generally speaking, your body hair and facial hair require various shaving tools or trimmers. But it would work great if you pick the one equipped with various length settings. What’s more, you will have to purchase a suitable body razor type. Make sure to buy the one that helps you hold onto it in the bathroom and other wet settings.
Some Styling Tips for Men with Chest Hair
As I previously said, I will provide you with more details about grooming, and this is the part you can follow to have some styling ideas for your chest hair. Here, I will talk about a few popular and easy-to-follow styling choices more thoroughly. In addition, I will show you a simple way to get the look.
But you should keep in mind that I will not teach you how to trim or shave your chest hair. I will not also talk about the way to create the look of a young boy. Instead, it is all about playing in moderation and using the easiest possible shaving tools. In brief, you will know how to get a sexy chest even if you have chest hair by following the two simple tips down below.
Whatever it takes, avoid scratches
So now you understand that rough chest hair is a sworn enemy of every man. But don’t worry, as I will help you right now. The very first and most crucial thing is to not let your chest hair grow too long. Generally speaking, it is considered the easiest way if you have never cut your chest hair so short that it is jagged.
Besides, it is better to use a trimmer guard on your shaver, which is 0.5 inches at the very least, and you should be fine.
Note: the ideal chest hair length for every man is different from others as this length may be perfect for this guy, but it might be too long or too short for other men.
But if you want to cut your chest hair shorter, pay attention to the following 2 things that definitely help you avoid scrapes. The very first one to think about is using depilatories or waxing. These products don’t remove your chest hair permanently, but it makes shaving far easier when the hair grows back, as it will be softer to shave. If this is not good for you, concentrating on skincare is another good way to do it.
You can help your chest hair poke by softening your body skin without the need for vigorous brushing. Basically, hydrated skin and open pores make your chest hair much softer. That would also be great if you could add some kind of hair care to the mixture.
There is another vital thing to mention here. You know, a few guys, in fact, typically are harsher than other men. But don’t worry, as it is completely natural. Even so, if you want to keep it in hand, consider using hair care products to keep your chest hair soft no matter what your grooming options are.
The Natural Look is Always Better
The last but also among the most critical style tips for men with chest hair. Basically, if you don’t have any good reason to choose one over another, simply break down the differences. So, if you leave your chest hair naturally, it is still okay. Don’t worry, as it will not be short enough to be jagged or long enough to make you lose interest. The approach here is quite simple.
Grab your trimmer, and don’t forget to use the cutting guard that has the greatest length. Instead of cropping, it is much better to use cutting strokes with flared and upward skills. Applying this skill, your chest hair will be cut to various lengths, but the order will be orderly. As a consequence, you will come in a variety of colors and get a natural and well-controlled appearance that is right for the masses.
So, once you cut across your chest, you can see that everything seems to be a bit long. Don’t worry, as you can reduce the shield size one by one until the desired length is reached. The good news is that you just need to do this procedure the very first time. Once you find the length you love, you can completely move ahead to that perfect length the next time. Even so, it is better to use flares if you want to look more natural in your chest hairstyle.
So, that should evidence a full lesson on whether women like chest hair or not and how to groom or maintain your chest hair. I believe that you now know different ways to groom your chest hair to get the glamor you think is your best. You also know which cutting or trimming tools are best for you. What’s more, you know the advantages and disadvantages of each of your choices. And I think that is enough!