Some colors look good with others and can be paired for a friendly, professional look. Others don’t work so well, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make them work. We’ll explain more about the different colors and how they go together in our article.
What color shirt goes with grey pants? First off, this is a very subjective question, so we will not provide a definite answer to the question. Color combinations are an art form, but figuring out which colors complement each other. For example, it will depend on which color shirt and shoes goes best with grey pants.
Table of Contents
- 1. White Shirt with Loose Suit Pants
- 2. Black Shirt with Grey Western Slim-fit Pants
- 3. Navy Blue Shirt with Grey Western Slim-fit Pants
- 4. Light Blue Shirt with Grey Western Slim-fit Pants
- 5. Dark Red Shirt with Grey Western Slim-fit Pants
- 6. Green Shirt with Grey Slim-fit Jeans
- 7. Purple Shirt and Grey Trousers
- 8. Pink Shirt with Grey Trousers
- 9. Beige Shirt with Dark Grey Trousers
- 10. Silver Grey Shirt with Grey Plaid Trousers
- 11. Blue Plaid Shirt with Grey Trousers
- 12. Dark Brown Turtleneck Shirt with Grey Plaid Trousers
- 13. Pastel Green Shirt with Grey Plaid Trousers
- 14. Cream Pullover Sweater with Grey Pants
- 15. Red Sweatshirt with Grey Trousers
- 16. Dark Green Wool Sweater with Grey Pants
- 17. Brown Sweater with Grey Pants
- 18. Grey Suit with a White Shirt and Red Tie
- 19. Ash Grey Hoodie with Grey Jogger Pants
- 20. Red-orange Sweater with Grey Jeans
- 21. Saffron Shirt with Dark Grey Jeans
- 22. Pink Puff Sleeve Shirt with Grey High-waisted Trousers
- 23. Dark Purple Oversized Sweater with a Grey T-shirt and Grey Leggings
- 24. Long Sleeve Sweater in Dark Grey with Wide-leg Trousers
- 25. Light Grey Hoodie and Grey Jogger Pants
- 26. White Tee and Fur Jacket with Grey Jeans
- 27. White and Purple Checkered Shirt with Smoke Jeans
- 28. Yellow Late-shoulder Shirt with Grey Checkered Trousers
- 29. Light Brown Turtleneck with Grey Wide-leg Trousers
- 30. White and Gray Striped Shirt with Grey Jeans
- 31. White T-shirt and Vest Jacket with Grey Trousers
- 32. Black T-shirt and Grey Sweatshirt with Grey Leggings
- 33. White T-shirt and Orange Overcoat with Grey Checkered Trousers
- 34. Light Pink Sweater with Grey Checkered Trousers
- 35. Black Turtleneck and Orange Blazer with Grey Trousers
- 37. Pink Boxy Sweater with Grey Ankle Pants
- 38. A White T-shirt with a Pink Coat and Grey Khaki Pants
- 39. Grey Long-sleeve Tee with Grey Cape-jacket and Grey Wide-leg Pants
- 40. Classy in a Striped Tube Top and Grey Slacks
- 41. A White Sweater with a Charcoal Coat and Grey Pants
- 42. Grey Hoodie and Grey Ankle Pants
- 43. Long-sleeved Tiny Waist Top and Sweatpants
- 44. Grey a Satin Crop Top and Wide-leg Pants
- 45. Grey Wool Cardigan with Grey Trousers
1. White Shirt with Loose Suit Pants
White is always a great choice because it goes well with anything. However, if you wear a white shirt with loose grey pants, you’ll need to make sure your pants fit loosely, so the color of your shirt doesn’t get overpowered by the dark shade of the pants.
2. Black Shirt with Grey Western Slim-fit Pants
A black shirt and grey pants provide a modern and stylish look when paired together. It is also straightforward to mix and match this combination, as black goes well with many other colors.
Navy blues go nicely with other shades of blue–significantly darker shades. They complement each other nicely in this pairing, but the color combination may feel too dark for some tastes.
4. Light Blue Shirt with Grey Western Slim-fit Pants
This is another color combination that works very nicely together. This option is not as dark as the previous pairing so it might feel more approachable.
5. Dark Red Shirt with Grey Western Slim-fit Pants
A dark red shirt and grey trousers are a great casual look for the summer. If you’re looking to add some color to your look, this is a good option.
6. Green Shirt with Grey Slim-fit Jeans
This shade of green will look great with grey pants, especially since it is a brighter green. If you don’t want to wear a white shirt, this might be the next best option for you.
7. Purple Shirt and Grey Trousers
This color combination will likely skew women more than men, but it could work if done right. If you are trying to show that you have a unique sense of style and want to stand out, this is a good option for you!
8. Pink Shirt with Grey Trousers
If you want to wear a color close to the shade of your skin tone, this pair of shorts will do the trick. As long as you avoid too many bright colors, this will be an excellent pairing.
9. Beige Shirt with Dark Grey Trousers
A beige shirt and grey trousers give off a sophisticated and professional appearance that could work for an accountant or business person, depending on what you’re wearing it with. However, if you’re looking for something more casual, try pairing it with khakis instead of trousers!
10. Silver Grey Shirt with Grey Plaid Trousers
Silver grey shirts and checkered trousers are another color combination that looks good in this pairing. Pairing it with any other color would take away from the shirt!
11. Blue Plaid Shirt with Grey Trousers
This color combination will probably work for men more than women since blue plaid shirts tend to be a man’s fashion item. Try this pairing out if you’re looking to get a feel for how colors go together!
12. Dark Brown Turtleneck Shirt with Grey Plaid Trousers
A dark brown turtleneck shirt and a pair of checkered trousers will be an excellent match if you’re looking for something casual. This is an excellent way to go if you want to wear colors between two colors.
13. Pastel Green Shirt with Grey Plaid Trousers
If you’re looking to wear a shirt with checkered trousers, this is a great option. The pastel color gives off a friendly springtime vibe that could work for people of all ages!
14. Cream Pullover Sweater with Grey Pants
A cream pullover and grey pants are a great fall and winter look. A pullover is also highly versatile, as it can be worn on its own or layered with a jacket.
15. Red Sweatshirt with Grey Trousers
Red is a bold color, so you need to use it carefully. However, pairing it with grey provides an exciting contrast and keeps you from looking like you’re wearing a costume.
16. Dark Green Wool Sweater with Grey Pants
A dark green jumper and grey pants are other terrific options for a more professional look. A sweater like this will provide you with more warmth than a shirt, which might be what you’re looking for if it’s wintertime.
17. Brown Sweater with Grey Pants
This color combination will probably skew towards men more than women, but it’s another great color combination. So if you’re looking to wear a dark-colored sweater and pair it with grey pants, this is a good option for you!
18. Grey Suit with a White Shirt and Red Tie
A grey suit and red tie is the type of look that is great in the business world. The pattern on the tie helps to bring out some of the colors in the suit and makes this a very sharp look!
19. Ash Grey Hoodie with Grey Jogger Pants
An ash grey hoodie is a great color to wear in the fall and winter, and pairing it with jogger pants is a great casual look.
20. Red-orange Sweater with Grey Jeans
A red-orange sweater and grey jeans are a great way to liven up your wardrobe. If you’re confident in how you look wearing this combination, there’s nothing wrong with it!
21. Saffron Shirt with Dark Grey Jeans
A saffron shirt and dark grey jeans are a unique color combination that would stand out. If you’re looking to make a statement, this is the perfect outfit to wear!
22. Pink Puff Sleeve Shirt with Grey High-waisted Trousers
A pink puff sleeve shirt and high-waisted grey trousers are terrific options for wearing a colorful shirt. This color combo will likely skew women more than men, but it could work if done right. If you’re looking for something casual, this should do the trick!
23. Dark Purple Oversized Sweater with a Grey T-shirt and Grey Leggings
A dark purple oversized sweater and a grey T-shirt paired with grey leggings are terrific options for creating a casual outfit. So if you’re looking for something comfortable, this color combination will do the job!
24. Long Sleeve Sweater in Dark Grey with Wide-leg Trousers
A dark grey long sleeve sweater paired with wide-leg trousers is another excellent option for wearing a colorful sweater. If you’re looking to be comfortable, this outfit will do the trick.
25. Light Grey Hoodie and Grey Jogger Pants
A light grey hoodie and grey jogger pants are another easy way to wear a colorful shirt and pair it with pants. This color combination isn’t too bold, so it won’t make you look like you’re trying too hard!
26. White Tee and Fur Jacket with Grey Jeans
A white tee and a fur-trimmed grey jacket can make for a great pair of outfits! This color combination is also a good option if you’re in the market for something more formal.
27. White and Purple Checkered Shirt with Smoke Jeans
White-and-purple checkered shirts are great pieces to have in your wardrobe if you’re looking for something more formal. This color combination stands out, so it’s a good choice for someone who might be worried about wearing a colorful shirt.
28. Yellow Late-shoulder Shirt with Grey Checkered Trousers
A yellow late-shoulder shirt and grey checkered trousers are good options for wearing checkered pants. This color combination would also make a bold statement, so you should feel confident!
29. Light Brown Turtleneck with Grey Wide-leg Trousers
A light brown turtleneck paired with grey wide-leg trousers is a great fall and winter option. This combination will probably work best for women, but it could also look great on a man.
30. White and Gray Striped Shirt with Grey Jeans
A striped shirt is a great way to dress up a pair of gray pants. If you’re looking for something less formal than a long sleeve shirt, this combination could work well!
31. White T-shirt and Vest Jacket with Grey Trousers
A white t-shirt and a vest-style grey jacket are great, more formal options. This color combination is also likely to be more popular with women, but it’s another solid way to wear your colorful shirt.
32. Black T-shirt and Grey Sweatshirt with Grey Leggings
A black teeshirt paired with a gray sweatshirt and grey leggings is another excellent way to get your colorful shirt into an outfit! It’s a simple outfit that will work for casual or formal occasions.
33. White T-shirt and Orange Overcoat with Grey Checkered Trousers
A white t-shirt and a bright orange overcoat paired with grey checkered trousers are another way to wear your colorful shirt! This color combination would probably be best for women, but it could also work for men.
34. Light Pink Sweater with Grey Checkered Trousers
A light pink sweater and grey checkered trousers are another fun color combination! It’s also an excellent option for wearing your bright-colored sweater. If you’re looking for something slightly more formal, this outfit should do the trick!
35. Black Turtleneck and Orange Blazer with Grey Trousers
A black turtleneck and an orange blazer with grey trousers are other terrific options for the colorful sweater!
37. Pink Boxy Sweater with Grey Ankle Pants
The central part of this outfit looks like a pink sweater, with a lot of light beige added to the look. A pink button-down shirt is also worn over an equally bright light blue sweater so that the color scheme would be correct. Both shirts could be matched with dark blue or navy pants; this is an excellent way to avoid looking like you are wearing something that doesn’t go with the outfit.
38. A White T-shirt with a Pink Coat and Grey Khaki Pants
The white T-shirt goes well with the pink coat, matching the colors used in this outfit. The only thing that would make it better is a taupe/burgundy-colored sweater that would double as an accent to the central part of the outfit. The grey pants are very similar in color to these pants, so a navy blue color shirt might also work well.
39. Grey Long-sleeve Tee with Grey Cape-jacket and Grey Wide-leg Pants
The grey pants go well with the grey long-sleeve tee, as both colors are muted and subdued. A lovely burgundy-colored turtleneck would also go well with this outfit, bringing out some of the other colors present. The black boots nicely match the cape-jacket and pants, making them look like they were created to go together.
40. Classy in a Striped Tube Top and Grey Slacks
The higher fashion look is good for what color shirt goes with grey pants. The brown belt would work well with the brown trousers and the black boots. A lovely burgundy-colored sweater would also go well with this outfit. Adding goes color to an otherwise very conservative outfit.
41. A White Sweater with a Charcoal Coat and Grey Pants
This is an exquisite outfit, one that would undoubtedly make you seem like you know what you are doing when it comes to dressing. The sweater is white, with a charcoal coat worn over it. A nice white pair of shoes would also go nicely with this outfit; they have a similar color palette to the rest of it.
42. Grey Hoodie and Grey Ankle Pants
A hoodie would be an excellent choice for a hoodie in this outfit, as it matches the pants very well. In addition, the colors are similar and do not clash with each other; a lot of greys are used in the central part of this outfit.
43. Long-sleeved Tiny Waist Top and Sweatpants
The tiny waist top and a long-sleeved shirt look good worn together, as the colors match well. The grey pants that come down to the ankles are a nice compliment to these pants; they don’t compete with each other.
44. Grey a Satin Crop Top and Wide-leg Pants
Grey, a satin crop top, and wide-leg pants are great complements to each other. The pants that go with this outfit could be either grey or black depending on your taste, or they could be a darker shade of navy blue to match the blue top with the grey pants.
45. Grey Wool Cardigan with Grey Trousers
The black and white colors used in this outfit complement each other nicely, as do the grey pants and the grey cardigan. The black boots make the color scheme more complete, acting as an accent for all colors present.
The colors used in grey pants work well with the color combination of many shirts, sweaters, and jackets. Dark navy blue and black go well with a more conservative style, while lighter shades could make an outfit look more subdued. Pink and purple are darker shades that go with these colors nicely.