When it comes to authenticating a Burberry scarf, begin by examining the print-check the overall quality of the fabric or material, the accuracy of the lines, and whether it matches the organic appearance or not. After that, examine the labels and evaluate each detail as thoroughly as possible. Realize that different knockoff qualities may complicate the authentication process. Finally, check out the quality, tags, labels, and the fonts as well.
Table of Contents
Inspect the Price
The price of genuine Burberry scarves is by far the most obvious sign. Genuine Burberry materials are always of the highest quality and are meticulously crafted.
Therefore, this should always be reflected in the price. Genuine scarves range in price from $175.00 to over $500.00. So, if you find a scarf that is considerably less expensive, it should raise several questions that the scarf can be a fake one.
Examine the Tag
The tag is another good resource for authenticity. Every official label will have a solid and equally “Burberry” on the front, as well as the inside must include information such as the materials, item number, scarf style, size, and color.
The equine knight logo can be seen in the top left corner, while to the right, there is a rectangular shape block that illustrates the style and pattern of the scarf bought.
You will also see a list of copyrights as well as trademarks, followed by a label with the product’s name and detailed product information.
Check the Label
A genuine Burberry scarf has a stitched tag that is evenly stitched onto the material or fabric. In addition, the middle will be left unattached, resulting in a textile loop.
- The word “BURBERRY” will be stitched in even-height upper case letters in the middle of this rectangular tag.
- There will also be widely different details underneath the brand’s name, based on when the scarf was produced, where it was manufactured, and what type of the scarf it is.
- A lot of scarves will also have the word “London” stitched somewhere else beneath the brand, and the majority will also include the location where the scarf was made. Besides, the fonts of these location details may differ slightly between scarves. In particular, they can either be stitched in the same standard as the Burberry font, or in a slimmer handwriting style.
- While several Burberry scarves are still made in France, England, and Scotland, the majority of scarves are now made in Asia. In fact, Burberry has production plants all over the world, including Italy, Spain, England, Romani, Poland, India, and even some factories in the United States.
- Many scarf tags will also come with the materials used to make the scarf as well as the guidelines to “dry clean only.”
Inspect the Logo
The Burberry brand’s official symbol is a precisely printed “Equestrian Knight” character that appears on the label of every scarf sold. Replica Burberry scarves will frequently attempt to pass a barely noticeable remake of this logo, so inspect the image carefully.
This knight can also be on the inner side of the paper tag, usually facing the left. It must be printed vividly in the middle, with no blurry corners.
If you buy a Burberry scarf from an authorized seller, it will most likely arrive folded in a thick container with a bow and this equine knight logo engraved in gold on the front.
Check the Font
The font used on all Burberry scarves may be the ultimate way to spot a forgery. When writing “Burberry” on a scarf, its labels, and wrapping or packaging, the font must be consistent, and the letters also need to be capitalized.
Genuine Burberry Rs usually come with pointed ridges that look similar to a bicycle kickstand, and the trail tends to curl a little bit outwards. If the letters on the Burberry scarf on your hand are sharp without any ridges or pointed corners, it is most likely a forgery.
Inspect the Check
All genuine Burberry scarves with the iconic checked pattern will always come with flawlessly symmetrical stripes. So, if the scarf you are about to buy has any out-of-place lines, it is most likely not authentic.
In particular, all the black lines will always run across the material in groups of three, with each spaced evenly from the next, and on all of the Nova Check styles. Besides, there will be a thin red line cutting through these black lines at a right angle, resulting in flawless square blocks.
Frequently Asked Questions About Burberry Scarves
Are Burberry Scarves Really Worth The Money?
Our outfits are made unique and elegant by the accessories we wear. And genuine Burberry scarves are very en vogue and can be worn in a variety of ways. They are also really high-quality and durable. So, if you want a glamorous accessory that can be worn in a range of ways, just go for it!
Are The Burberry Scarves Unisex?
As you all know, we are living in the twenty-first century, where clothes are not classified based on gender. Therefore, anyone can actually wear anything, but if you want to know if the Burberry scarves are unisex or not, then they are.