How to wear a belt? It may seem like a silly question when everyone knows the answer. But how to wear a tactical belt? This one is an entirely different issue.
The tactical belt is a must-have item for those who are often in tactical situations or pursue the Everyday Carry movement.
If you are a newbie, read the article below to know how to wear the tactical belt in the most effective ways!
How To Wear A Tactical Belt?
Since tactical belts are designed differently, you will have different ways to wear them. Here are detailed instructions for how to wear tactical belts.
If you are wearing a tactical belt during work or sports activities that involve kneeling, it is essential to wear knee pads to protect your knees. Knee pads come in different sizes and styles, and you must choose the right one depending on your activity and the protection you need. Remember, knee pads work best when worn directly against the skin.
How to wear a hook and loop buckle belt?
You should follow these steps to wear a hook and loop buckle belt in the best way:
- Step 1: Run the tactical belt around your waist and thread it through the belt loops.
- Step 2: Thread the end tip of the tactical belt under the buckle.
- Step 3: Run the end tip through the first hole placed right on the middle of your body.
- Step 4: Now, pull the tail and run it over the second hole on the buckle.
- Step 5: Continue to pull the tail until you get a suitable fit.
- Step 6: Run the excess tail through the loop to have a neater look.
What Is A Tactical Belt?
A great tactical belt is simply one that is used in tactics like police or military. In general, tactical belts come with some particular features making them different from other regular belts.
The first significant feature of tactical belts is their materials. They are made of durable, rigid materials like nylon or leather. These high-grade materials will ensure that tactical belts can hold heavy things like a gun.
Secondly, you will see that tactical belts are designed with many pouches. Thanks to that, you will have more room to carry your tactical tools and weapons.
Types Of Tactical Belts
There are several types of tactical belts. You should get the most suitable one for practical usage.
Classifying based on purposes
- Trainer/ Instructor tactical belts: These belts are made for professional instructors or trainers. They have an incredible capacity which can hold at least 5000 pounds. Also, they come with many heavy-duty features such as triple-reinforced stitching, carabiner’s clipping system.
- Tactical riggers belts: This type of tactical belt is not designed for carrying gears, this one is a heavy-duty belt for rappelling.
- Tactical gun belts: This is one of the most common types of tactical belts. In general, it’s lighter than a heavy-duty tactical belt but much more durable and sturdier than typical belts. They are made of double-reinforced, stiff materials.
- Tactical duty belts: Like gun belts, you can use duty belts to hold your gears. They can hold up to 15 pounds in weight.
When choosing a tactical belt, consider the intended purposes. If you plan to carry heavy equipment, choose a durable and sturdy belt that can support the weight. Check out ideal weight calculator to determine the average weight of your gear. For everyday use, a more lightweight and flexible belt may suffice.
Classifying based on designs
- Hook and loop buckle belts: This is one of the most common designs of tactical belts. It is designed with one piece of material, boosting stability and durability.
- Frame buckle belts: The frame buckle design is popular in leather and synthetic leather belts.
- Snap buckle belts: These come with a thick design that might not be compatible with the belt loops. In addition, they are typically made of plastic.
Tips For Using Tactical Belt
There could be many types of tactical belts. However, the way to use them is similar. If you want to wear your tactical belt most effectively, here are several valuable tips for you.
Take some cues from the military and tuck your tactical pants into your boots for a sleek look. Follow this guide on how to tuck your pants into boots properly to ensure they stay in place during any physical activity.
Measure the right size of the tactical belt before purchasing it
Sizing is always essential. Before you buy anything to wear on your body, you need to ensure it will fit. Tactical belts are not exceptions. The way to measure your tactical belt is straightforward. You just need a cloth measuring tape to do that.
Run this tape around your waist and take note of the measurement. The best size for your tactical belt will be equal to your waist size. If you pretend to bring an IWB holster, you should add 1-2 inches to the final measurement.
Tip to use the quick-release buckle on the tactical belt
The quick-release buckle is a beneficial feature of the tactical belt. However, if you use this component in the wrong way, it might be useless.
For the buckle to work, you need to lock it up as soon as you put on the tactical belt. It would be best if you also ran the tail through the buckle to tighten your belt completely.
In this way, the quick-release buckle will help you wear your pants more conveniently. Also, when nature calls, you can take your pants off much faster and easier.
Wear your tactical belt upside down
It might sound weird. However, you should know that most tactical belts have a long tail and point to the right.
This design can create a lot of difficulties for right-handed people, or most of us. Therefore, an effective way to solve this problem is to turn your belt upside down.
Choose the correct type of tactical belt for your needs
As I said above, there are several types of the tactical belt based on specific purposes. Before purchasing a tactical belt, you should carefully consider your intended needs.
For instance, if you prefer a tactical belt for heavy duties in the military, then a tactical riggers belt is the right way to go.
However, these trainer and rigger belts can become overwhelming if you just need something to hold your tactical gun or flashlight. Instead, it would be best if you chose gun belts or duty belts for the best suitability.
For more useful tips, you can watch the following video:
To ensure that you get the right type of tactical belt for your activities, refer to this European Belt Size Conversion Chart. This will give you accurate measurements and help you find the best fit. Remember to select a belt based on the type of activity you will be doing, whether it is for everyday wear or specific tactical purposes.
How to wear a frame buckle belt?
Here are the steps to wear a frame buckle belt:
- Step 1: Run the tactical belt through the pants.
- Step 2: Run the tail through the lower part of the buckle while keeping the prong open.
- Step 3: Pull the tail to fix to your preferred length.
- Step 4: Secure the belt by stringing the prong over the opening on the suitable end tip on the belt.
- Step 5: Run the excess tail through the loops on the pants.
How to wear a snap buckle belt?
The way to wear snap buckle belts is more simple than the two above types of tactical belts. Here are steps you should follow:
- Step 1: clip the “male” part on one end of the belt to the “female” part on the other to secure the tactical belt.
- Step 2: Run the excess tail through the keeper loop on the belt.
Are tactical belts good?
Yes, they are. In general, tactical belts are much more durable and sturdy than everyday belts. You can not only wear these accessories in tactical situations but also for daily usages.
What makes a good tactical belt?
An excellent tactical belt will come with some specific features. It is made of thick and rigid material to hold your gun or other weapons like nylon, leather. Moreover, it will be designed with a wide range of pouches to keep your hand free in tactical situations.
Can you wear a tactical belt without belt loops?
You can wear a tactical belt without loops. However, it might cause an uncomfortable and inconvenient experience. You will have to tighten that belt as much as possible. Moreover, when you sit down, it might cause many stretches.
What is the best gun belt on the market?
There are thousands of tactical belts on the market, and finding the best ones is not easy. To give you a hand, I will recommend products from some reputable brands, including Bore, Klik, and so on.
Do I need a tactical belt?
You will need a tactical belt if you carry a gun. This belt will keep your gun in place and make your hands free to move. Also, a tactical belt is comfy gear to hold your gun and other weapons.