Meta: London people’s outfits are varied and stylish. It is the reason we will discuss what to wear in London in this article.
London, a city of old architectural works with ancient lines expressing a European cultural country, shows old features that attract tourists to the tourist destination. And the costumes prepared for the trip here are one of the important factors showing the country’s cultural receptiveness and understanding. To better understand the way local people dress, we would like to introduce to you the stylish and elegant outfits that are suitable for your trip.
Here is an essential list of what to wear in london:
- Umbrella, Raincoat, Rain Jacket, Waterproof Jacket
- Crossover bags
- Stylish Watches
- Comfortable walking shoes, Flats, Stylish Boots
- Simple T-Shirt
- Jeans, Travel Pants, Tops, Layers
- Winter Boots or Summer Boots
- UK Universal Plug
- Bluetooth speaker, Portable Charger
Table of Contents
- The Dress Code in London
- What Not To Wear In London?
- What To Wear To Dinner In London?
- London’s Packing List in Spring
- London’s Packing List in Summer
- London’s Packing List in Fall
- London’s Packing List in Winter
- What To Wear In London in December?
- What To Wear In London in November?
- What To Wear In London in October?
- What To Wear In London in September?
- What To Wear In London in August?
- What To Wear In London in July?
- What To Wear In London in June
- What To Wear In London in May?
- What To Wear In London in April?
- What To Wear In London in March?
- What To Wear In London in February?
- What To Wear In London in January?
- Shoes To Wear In London
- How To Dress Like London Women Over 50
- London Outfits For Girls
- London Outfits For Boys
The Dress Code in London
Before preparing to go to London, it is important to check the weather there is a day or two in advance, as London weather is volatile. Not only here, but also do this when traveling to other cities and countries around the world. Type of clothes often used are:
- Jacket: Winter in London is freezing. We recommend bringing thick and water-resistant sports jackets as the city often rains. In summer, lightweight leather jackets are extremely popular here, but very fashionable and youthful.
- Waterproof shoes: Leather or waterproof shoes such as tennis shoes for women or converse. Also, you can use waterproof spray products on the shoes, in case you want to choose the best shoes that match your clothes.
- Attachments: they vary such as scarves, winter sweaters, tights, or tops.
Men should wear shirts with jackets with pants such as khaki pants or dark jeans. Shoe accessories should choose sports shoes, sneaker. For women, choose non-slip and feminine walking shoes, combined with short skirts or jeans and blouses. This combination is not only aesthetically pleasing but also impresses everyone.
Although known as one of the most important fashion capitals in the world, a place that celebrates breakthroughs and new designs, London has always stood out with its elegant style and is regarded as the barometer for the standards of modern fashion. British people, up to now, have always shown a variety of and sophisticated fashion inspirations, even in rebellious images.
The subtle signs of London fashion this season are ideal in the combination of monochrome pajamas-style tops or skirts with unmarked hand-crafted sandals, or even white trees paired with Nike sneakers.
What Not To Wear In London?
Avoid wearing inappropriate clothing, such as
- Sweatshirts and sweatshirts: Usually just for wear to the gym or to fall asleep at home
- Tank tops (men) and sun skirts (women): Because London’s weather is often humid and less hot, it is not suitable.
- The British take personal liberty seriously. So, any violation of personal freedom is strictly forbidden. Laughing loud and joking in public affects others, or littering, smoking where there are ban signs will be punished, so remember these carefully to avoid unnecessary trouble.
- Do not wear sandals, short skirts on the knees, open armpits when visiting solemn places such as churches, palaces because there is a lack of dignity and respect.
- Do not litter, smoke where there are ban boards. Do not throw cigarette butts, spit gum, and spit indiscriminately in public places.
- Line up at XNC check-in counters, money exchange counters, ticket counters, checkout counters, or places to buy and sell goods or places to wait for buses, taxis, and public toilets.
- Do not burp (hiccup) in meals, it is a European taboo.
What To Wear To Dinner In London?
Thin and light dresses, flats, or flip-flops are the favorite dinner clothes with black, light, or light colors. London fashion is not picky, but stylish and comfortable. Jeans, Chelsea boots, brogues, and a matching jacket will blend in with London. In the fall, when it rains heavily, rubber boots and umbrellas are two indispensable accessories.
London’s Packing List in Spring
- T-shirt without slogan-slogan: T-shirts are comfortable, cool clothes that are ideal for travel. To avoid unnecessary misunderstanding, choose one without a slogan.
- Jeans: Jeans are always the ideal London travel outfit. They are both formal, polite, but the price is reasonable.
- Dress skirt: For women, spring weather in London can be comfortable to wear dresses and skirts without worrying about getting cold. So, you can freely choose modern dresses for travel. However, it is necessary to limit wearing too-short dresses so as not to cause objection or affect their safety.
- Thin coat or sweatshirt: They will help you cope with wet drizzle in many European countries. These shirts are also very compact, easy to carry.
- Thin scarf: There are many wet places, so to stay healthy. And you need to use a thin, absorbent scarf to keep your throat warm.
In spring, it is the perfect time to travel to England. The weather warms and the ice melts. Trees grow young, shoot everywhere, and animals in the breeding season. Spring and autumn will have many sunny days with clear skies. However, the spring days are very suitable for cycling, mountain climbing, boating, or enjoying the peaceful atmosphere by the lake while reading and studying in public.
You will easily choose your favorite outfit for your London trip in spring. Comfortable wearing your favorite outfits or skirts outside wearing a thin coat will make you more elegant. The suitable months for visitors are from November to February, with cold weather and short days. In March and October, the day is long, but it is still freezing. In July and August, a lot of tourists come here with expensive costs and outrageous demands, so be fully equipped for your trip.
London’s Packing List in Summer
- Avoid flashy colors: Although very outstanding, wearing flashy outfits makes you feel hot and uncomfortable. So please give priority to elegant, neutral-colored clothes. They are both fashionable and easy to match, helping you to limit what you carry in your suitcase.
- Shirt: Westerners are comfortable. So, you can wear a tank top to hang out without worrying about the cultural problems of the countries here.
- Crop top: These units vest confident crop top personalities will be the ideal choice, especially when the schedule there are sea destinations. However, please dress smartly to be both fashionable and not offensive to you.
- Dress: Choosing instant dresses will help you limit the storage area, just one of the interesting travel tips for saving. It is because the cost of a dress will be cheaper than choosing a separate shirt and pants.
- Bikini: Traveling in the summer will be flawed if you do not visit the romantic beaches. Please define a specific itinerary and prepare charming bikinis to drop on beautiful beaches.
- Sun hat: Wearing sunscreen is not enough, you need to add a wide-brimmed hat to avoid the sun when going out during the day. They will also be lovely accessories to help you get fashionable photos on this trip.
- Sport shoes: You will walk a lot when you visit, so choose for yourself soft, breathable sneakers for comfortable movement.
Summer in London is usually the most pleasant time. The temperature is not too high, plus the sun is beautiful. The wind is mild. You might catch people taking a walk in the sun, having a picnic, or gathering in public. You should prepare cool clothes, cool fabrics that will make you move more comfortably. Should bring sunscreen items such as sunscreen tips, umbrellas, or hats. It has a good sun protection effect.
Summer in London is from June to August. Most places in London have pleasant warm weather, but some places can be dry and uncomfortable. So, to know what to wear when traveling to Europe in the summer is the most suitable, refer to the following items:
London’s Packing List in Fall
- Shorts: The temperature in autumn in London is between 7 and 16 degrees Celsius. When the weather is warm, you can wear cool short shorts to roam around, both fashionable and cool.
- Jeans: short or miss jeans will be the perfect choice. They look both dynamic and suitable for many cultures in destinations.
- Skirt: For women, dresses are an indispensable outfit, especially when you want to have beautiful pictures. Choosing skirts that are cool, soft, and skin-friendly will help you relax during your trip.
- Cardigan: The autumn weather in London is still quite cold. However, with the continuous operation, just wearing a cardigan is enough to keep the body warm.
- Thin long sleeve shirt: prioritize those with lightweight, breathable materials to move during the trip.
- T-shirt without slogan: T-shirts will also be suitable. If it is cold, you can put on a thin cardigan, by noon, remove the shirt.
London autumn lasts from September to November and is quite cool and mild. So, what to wear when traveling to London in the fall is the most suitable?
London’s Packing List in Winter
- Jeans: The thickness and airtight of the jeans maximize their effects when worn in winter. You will not have to wear too many other clothes to keep your lower body warm while wearing them.
- A thick coat: It is an indispensable outfit to help you stay healthy during your trip. However, because they are large, you will need tips on folding clothes neatly in suitcases when traveling.
- T-shirt without slogan: Because of their easy-to-map features, they are the ideal choice for London travel outfits, even in winter. You can wear them inside sweaters, coats. To be sure, there are not any cultural conflicts, skip products with the slogan.
- Scarf: They are both accessories to keep the body warm, and suitable for covering the head, over the shoulders, and making a thin blanket. To ensure health, men also need to buy at least one thick warm towel.
- Wool hats: Wool hats will help keep your head warm, limit colds, flu, and fever because of the inclement weather here.
- Special winter shoes: They need to be thick, comfortable on the feet, well kept warm, and airtight. It protected the new feet from the frosty weather in winter in London.
- Gloves: The body needs to be kept warm from head to toe, and so do the hands. Please bring 2-3 pairs of windproof gloves and good heat retention to replace during your trip.
Winter in the UK is usually windy and humid, unlike the dry and cold winters in Vietnam. Winter temperatures can even be below zero, so wear thick, waterproof clothing to avoid getting cold. Heavy snow plus fog will make travel and weather difficult, so you should not travel in winter.
Winter in England with cold and humid weather, so prepare thick coats with boots that will have a very good effect of keeping warm. Scarves or gloves will have a very good warm effect. Winter in Europe is cold from -2 to 5 degrees Celsius. Therefore, you need to prepare warm clothing carefully.
What To Wear In London in December?
In December, winter begins, and temperatures are low, although it is not the coldest month. It may snow. Temperatures range between 3 degrees Celsius and 8 degrees Celsius. Before 17:00 it is already night. Warm clothes are necessary.
Because the weather in December of London is cold, it is indispensable to keep warm clothes such as cotton coats, sweaters, hats, scarves, gloves, and snow boots. Besides, you can also buy cotton coats at your destination to keep them warm.
Bibs or coveralls are all pretty easy items when combined with other outfits, giving you a youthful, dynamic and equal personality. If a camisole is combined with a short-sleeve T-shirt, a low-shoulder shirt is a summer set when matching overalls with a long-sleeved T-shirt, turtleneck, a hoodie, or a sweater. As being thin inside, you will immediately have a set of fine-smooth items, suitable for London in December.
What To Wear In London in November?
In November it is already getting cold. Normally it rains for about ten days, and this time it does it more intensely. Temperatures range between 5 degrees Celsius and 11 degrees Celsius. The jacket or jacket is already being needed, and at night also a scarf and gloves.
If you think jeans covers will be monotonous, you can choose a soft khaki bib with many colors and designs, depending on your preference to create a colorful and bold look. Not to mention, this set of costumes will be very suitable for November in London.
Cardigan sweaters and skirt sets are divine sets for girls when traveling in the autumn and winter. So, if you go to London in November, it is also an item that you cannot lack. Under cold weather, along with the poetic scenery of London, this set of clothes could not be better. However, also pay a little attention when mixing this set. Because both items have a long and slightly wide design. If you do not mix well, you will become sloppy. You can combine it with a long-sleeve T-shirt, checkered shirt, or thin sweater inside.
What To Wear In London in October?
Autumn also comes with October. Normally it rains for about 10 days, but it already starts getting dark early. Temperatures range between 8 degrees Celsius and 15 degrees Celsius. While it is not completely necessary to wear warm clothing, it is certainly advisable to dress like an onion and bring a heavier jacket with you.
Autumn in London comes suddenly. The month of October still is mild, although with considerable differences between day and evening. Cloudy and humid days are not lacking, but with a wool pullover and closed shoes, there is no big problem staying out late.
The only setbacks this time of year are thunderstorms, so never forget an umbrella and a raincoat. Then, towards the end of October or at most the first days of November, the climate changes suddenly. Temperatures drop without warning. With the shortening of the days, the cold is felt until the afternoon. To protect yourself in late London autumn, you need padded jackets, gloves, scarves, and hats.
What To Wear In London in September?
Temperatures in September resemble those in Spain. It is hot during the day, although not excessively, and quite cool at night. Temperatures range between 11 degrees Celsius and 19 degrees Celsius. You can wear light clothes, but you also need a jacket (or cardigan) to wear at night and in the early hours of the day. Long pants are again the best option.
Choose sweaters, T-shirts with sweatshirts and a scarf and a windproof jacket for sunny days. Beware of the temperature drop that occurs during the day, in the morning there could be twenty degrees. And in the evening, it is exactly half of the temperatures.
What To Wear In London in August?
Here is the other hottest month of the summer. Temperatures in August fluctuate between 13 degrees Celsius and 22 degrees Celsius, although they can reach 30 degrees Celsius. The rains are irregular but are not very frequent. The sunsets are late. Dressing in London in August involves, as in July, the use of summer clothes. But be careful: during the night and early morning, it can get cooler.
What To Wear In London in July?
July is one of the hottest months of the year, with temperatures between 13 degrees Celsius and 22 degrees Celsius that can even approach 30 degrees Celsius. It rarely rains for over 8 days, those times it does. The sun usually sets at 9 pm.
Dressing in London in July means wearing shorts, skirts, dresses, and short sleeves. However, in case the temperatures are lower during the night and early morning, sweaters or jackets are recommended. It is always best to have umbrellas or raincoats with you. Here is a prime example of how important it is to know how to dress in London!
What To Wear In London in June
Summer officially begins in London, so temperatures soar, hovering between 11 degrees Celsius and 21ºC. Towards the end of the month, it can reach 30 degrees Celsius. It rains for a few days a month, and the days are longer. The sunsets at 9 pm. You can wear long trousers and a short-sleeved T-shirt. But it is better to take a jacket with you in case the temperatures drop or you want to go out in the evening.
What To Wear In London in May?
In May, outdoor activities begin without having to think about the cold or rain. It can rain, but at most for about ten days, and the sunsets around 21:00. Temperatures range between 8 degrees Celsius and 18 degrees Celsius. The mid-season clothes are sufficient. But it is never too late to carry away a jacket, a raincoat or umbrella, in case of need.
What To Wear In London in April?
In April, temperatures are milder. It rains less, with an average of 9 days. The days get longer. The sunsets approximately between 18:00 and 20:00. Temperatures range between 5 degrees Celsius and 15 degrees Celsius. Long sleeves are still recommended, although the weather in London improves.
What To Wear In London in March?
March is the month that marks the end of winter and the beginning of spring in London. Temperatures range between 4 degrees Celsius and 15 degrees Celsius It is very rare for it to snow, but the rains persist. Spring is the wettest season. Dusk comes around 18:00. It is good to have long-sleeved shirts and a jacket with you, so as not to be mistaken about how to dress in London in any eventuality.
What To Wear In London in February?
In London, February is one of the coldest months of winter. In this month, the weather changes constantly and, although it can rain more than in the other months (with an average of 16 days), it is brief showers. It can snow. Average temperatures range between 2 degrees Celsius and 9 degrees Celsius. The sun normally sets around 5 pm. Warm clothes are an essential thing to pack.
What To Wear In London in January?
In January, temperatures fluctuate between 0 degrees Celsius and 7 degrees Celsius. There are not a lot of suns, so the days are shorter. At 4 PM, it is already dark. It rains for an average of 11 days. It can snow, so you need to dress well during this time.
Shoes To Wear In London
Along with Paris and Milan, London is one of the three earliest growing fashion capitals. Therefore, it is easy to understand when you can see countless men’s shoe shops in this lavish land.
The following 03 men’s shoe shops will take you a tour of the country of luxury brands to sportswear brands like adidas shoes that make men fall in love.
Over 150 years of history, Grenson is the ultimate handcrafted luxury shoe brand. The fashion house is primarily famous as a men’s shoe brand but has recently launched a women’s shoe collection. Each shoe is available in the UK and takes up to 8 weeks to complete. This number is enough to prove the timelessness of these luxury shoes from the veteran fashion house.
At first, Dr. Martens was only famous as a brand of humble workwear, but then they firmly positioned their brand by combining the existing functionality of the shoe with aesthetics to raise the level of the fashion house.
The shoes are available from pure leather and chunky rubber soles, so they are extremely comfortable to spot. Dr. Martens includes many branches in London, but the destination we recommend for you is Oxford Road. This is not just a shoe store, but like a living museum where the three-story building has had a special connection with music throughout the decades.
Galeria Melissa is a Brazilian footwear brand established in 1979 with a unique vision to create aesthetic footwear products made of Melflex material, using recycled PVC with shiny surfaces.
If you do not intend to invest in these shoes, do not give up the opportunity to visit its flagship store at Covent Garden. With outstanding LED lighting, the store offers a futuristic breath away from other traditional shoe stores.
How To Dress Like London Women Over 50
The level demonstration, pro in its simplicity and yet capable of reaching the hearts of fashionistas and non-fashionistas are Emmanuelle Alt, the 52-year-old director of Vogue Paris. It is easy to meet her in the fashion capitals, during the whirlwind of events and fashion shows, with denim and blazers. She even combines sneakers and, when the need or the mood requires it, an ankle bootblack at the ankle.
Whoever said that the essential is invisible to the eye may not have reckoned with the minimalism, visible yet capable of striking, that the French Emmanuelle dispenses with both hands. Of course, reductionism, in this case, is of substance. But it does not mean that where the color palette to be adopted navigates in a calm sea of neutral with hints of midnight blue and white, we cannot move it with the showy accessories.
London Outfits For Girls
Parents often dress their children in layers because they are afraid that their children will get cold. But it is not necessarily good for babies because wearing too many clothes first makes it difficult for them to move their arms and legs. Besides, children love to play and run, causing their body to release a lot of sweat-soaked in some layers of the inner layer and it is difficult to get out of the air because there are too many layers and seep back into the skin, making the baby more susceptible to colds. Besides, wearing too many children’s clothes also affects the skin and reduces the ability of the baby to adapt to the ambient temperature of the baby’s body.
London Outfits For Boys
These are essential clothes to keep your baby warm when going outdoors. Even if your baby goes out to play active games or play, run and jump from home to play area must still be fully dressed. When you arrive, wait a while before you can take off your clothes to make your baby move more comfortably.
When going from outside to indoors, you also have to wait a while for your baby to adapt to the changing temperature, you just remove your baby’s jacket and pants. Besides, when your baby just wakes up, you should not let your baby run straight outdoors to play or do other things, but have to put on a thin coat and wait for the baby’s body to adapt to the temperature in the room. Just let your baby go out to play.
What are the difficulties when dressing in London?
The down jackets were therefore too heavy, while the leather jackets were too light. Not to mention that in London, even when it rains, no one uses an umbrella. It may be because most of the time there is a hardly noticeable drizzle, but you end up finding yourself all wet, or because perhaps it is not fashionable. But we had no intention of being out of place.
What to bring to London?
- Identity document / Passport
- Booking confirmation suitcase
- Cell phone charger
- Credit card
- Money in Euros
- Money in Pounds Sterling
- Flight ticket
- Medicines that you think will be useful to you
How to dress in London for a holiday alone or with friends?
London, as a metropolis and European capital, is a melting pot of different cultures and neighborhoods that are distinguished by different traditions, customs, and traditions. It is impossible to speak of a single style without falling into one commonplace. Around the city, there are different trends and the eye is so accustomed not only to diversity but also to oddities. It is easy to notice how these go completely unnoticed.
What to pack for London?
As for clothing in London, it is good to make a distinction based on the period in which the trip was organized. How to dress in London depends on the season in which you will visit the city.
If you travel in autumn or spring be aware that the rains could be very frequent. A tip is to bring a rain cover and umbrellas to avoid getting wet and to visit and walk around the city, anyway. In winter, the cold is felt, but it is above all the humidity that could cause the worst damage.
Precisely for this reason, clothing must be appropriate. You need coats, heavy jackets, hats, scarves, and gloves, but also thermal clothing. Summer is one of the ideal times to admire the city: the heat is not excessive and it is pleasant to walk lightly dressed and with sneakers. It is always advisable to bring at least one umbrella with you for the unexpected summer storms that could take carefree tourists by surprise even on a beautiful sunny day.