New Balance shoes come in different styles and models for kids, women, and men. Learn the New Balance shoes fit guides below to pick your proper size.
If you are looking for a pair of versatile and different types of stylish sneakers, New Balance is a good choice. They offer different styles that fit both women and men. High-quality, comfortable, yet really affordable are some of the most prominent features of New Balance shoes.
But New Balance shoes fit is always a common issue for those who are first time buying New Balance. You can follow my guide on New Balance shoe sizing to find the most suitable size for your new pair.
New Balance Size Chart
Since New Balance provides shoes for women, men, and kids, you will find three different shoe size charts for these three. In addition, the size conversion into US, EU, and UK sizes will be given with the equivalent dimensions in inches and centimeters for each one. Let’s check it out.
New Balance Men’s Shoe Size Conversions:
|US Men Sizes||US Women Sizes||UK Sizes||EU Sizes||Foot length (inches)||Foot length (cm)|
New Balance Women’s Shoe Size Conversions:
|US Women Sizes||US Men Sizes||UK Sizes||EU Sizes||Foot length (inches)||Foot length (cm)|
If you’re a woman, and you’ve found the perfect pair of men’s New Balance shoes, you might be wondering how to convert your women’s shoe size to men’s. Using a shoe size conversion chart can help you get the right fit. Simply locate your women’s shoe size, and the chart will show you the corresponding men’s size. Don’t let finding the perfect pair of shoes stress you out, use a shoe size chart to make your life easier.
New Balance Women’s Shoe Size Chart (4-12 Years Old):
|US Kids Sizes||Shoe Types||UK Sizes||EU Sizes||Foot length (inches)||Foot length (cm)|
|3.5||Grade School||3||35.5||8 ⅝||21.9|
|4||Grade School||3.5||36||8 ¾||22.2|
|5||Grade School||4.5||37.5||9 ⅛||23.1|
|5.5||Grade School||5||38||9 ¼||23.5|
|6||Grade School||5.5||38.5||9 ½||24.1|
|6.5||Grade School||6||39||9 ⅝||24.4|
|7||Grade School||6.5||39.5||9 ¾||24.8|
New Balance Shoe Width Chart
Unlike some shoe brands, New Balance is always proud of providing their customers worldwide with a wide range of widths, from narrow (AA/2A) to extra-extra-wide (EEEEEE/6E). And you might know that people’s feet come in different shapes. A suitable fit means various widths, not just different sizes. And one of the best ways to decide your suitable shoe size is to get your feet calculated by an expert.
Basically, there is a roughly a ½-inch difference between New Balance shoe widths (2A/AA, B, D, 2E/EE, and 4E/EEEE) and a ⅜-inch variation between 4E and 6E width. The reason for this difference is due to the variation in the ball of your foot.
The table below shows you full choice of widths:
|Women’s Shoe Widths|
|Men’s Shoe Widths|
|Kids’ Shoe Widths|
New Balance offers various whole width selections for women, men, and kids. Here is a quick explanation:
- The medium or standard width for men’s shoes is D, B for women, and M for children. If almost all your footwear comes in a regular size, then you can choose this width for your New Balance shoes.
- If most of your shoes come in a bit wider than normal, then you might want to choose the width 2A or 4A for women and 2A or B for men. Unfortunately, there are no width options below the medium M for kids.
- However, you are likely to have wide feet if your issue is narrow-fitting shoes. In this case, women should opt for the width 4E, 2E, or D. Men might want to consider the width 2E, 4E, or 6E. For kids with wider feet than normal, you can select shoes with 4E width.
New Balance Men’s Shoe Width Guide:
|US Men’s Standard Sizes||Narrow (B)In cm||Medium (D)In cm||Wide (2E)In cm||Extra Wide (4E)In cm|
New Balance Women’s Shoe Width Guide:
|US Women’s Standard Sizes||Narrow (2A)In cm||Medium (B)In cm||Wide (D)In cm||Extra Wide (2E)In cm|
When shopping for New Balance shoes, it’s crucial to determine the right width size. The shoe width letters E, EE, D, and DD define the shoe’s width, and determining which suits your feet will improve your performance and comfort. Use the New Balance Shoe Width Chart to determine the measurement and meaning of each letter.
Does New Balance Run Big Or Small?
Almost all people find New Balance run true to size. It means that if you have wider feet than normal, you might want to go half of a size or even 1 size up, depending on your foot size and width. This typically applies to people with diabetes or women who are in their pregnancy period. On the other hand, people with narrower feet than usual should decrease half of a size or a full size for a better fit.
Are New Balance True To Size?
The answer is yes. Most New Balance shoes run true to size. The company even itself declares that its shoes come in a perfect fit right after boxing. When it comes to width, the brand also offers a wide selection of widths, so you can easily choose a suitable width that perfectly fits your normal/wide/narrow feet.
If you have ever wondered whether New Balance shoes are true to size, then this article is for you. You can refer to the New Balance shoe size charts for men & women to find the perfect fit for your feet. Whether you need running shoes or casual sneakers, these size charts can help you get the right size to avoid any discomfort or blisters.
New Balance Sizing Vs. Adidas
Both New Balance and Adidas are among the two most well-known shoe brands all over the world. And they also offer different shoe size options based on a certain size. There will be a little bit of variation in shoe sizes between these two.
For example, a US women’s size 8 measures approx. 9.6 inches with New Balance, but it is around 9.7 inches with Adidas. On the flip side, New Balance men’s US 11 is around 11.4 inches. But the same size at Adidas is only 11 inches, which is 4 millimeters smaller.
New Balance Fit Guide
There is nothing more frustrating than receiving your favorite pair of New Balance shoes and finding out that they don’t fit you correctly. So, consider the following New Balance fit guide before deciding which size you will get.
- Always retake your/your kids’ foot measurements before you are going to buy a new pair of New Balance shoes. This is because our feet tend to change in size even when we stop growing. And other life events, such as pregnancy or other diseases like diabetics, can also affect your foot measurements.
- Take your foot measurements later in the day or after workout sessions. Daily activities like walking or standing for a long time or body training can lead to swollen feet.
- Remember to try on your new shoes with the similar socks you usually wear. For example, normal people can wear normal socks, but athletes should wear sports or athletic socks.
- Don’t forget to wear orthotics (if you are using them) during the sizing measurement process. This is because thicker insoles can change the way your shoes fit.
- The shoelaces should run parallel if your sneakers have laces. In addition, it is recommended to fit two fingers underneath the shoelaces.
- Your toes should be able to move and wiggle freely inside the shoes. In other words, your toes should not feel squeezed. What’s more, the distance between the toe box and your toes should not exceed one thumb’s width.
- Your foot should fit your shoes without creasing the materials. If you find it so easy to slip in and out of the heel cup, it is likely that your shoes are too big. On the other hand, you might want to go up in shoe width if your feet hang over the midsole.
- The midfoot part of the shoes should fit snugly against the below the arch of your foot and your foot’s top.
- If your feet are between sizes, you should choose a bigger size for New Balance shoes. In addition, you can use socks, insoles, or a special lacing pattern, like criss-cross laces, to accommodate the fit.
- If your feet tend to be a bit wider at the forefoot and narrower at the heel, then the New Balance SL-2 Last might help. They come in a narrower heel and wider toe box than almost all other models.
- Several people might have one foot that is either smaller or bigger than the other one. If so, you should select a New Balance size that fits your bigger foot.
- For those who are amputees or have a substantial variation in foot size, you can even order two separate shoe sizes.
- There is no need to break in when you wear your new pair of New Balance shoes. So, if you feel like your shoes are not as comfortable as right out of the box, it is probably that you got the wrong size.
- Try your New Balance shoes indoors or walk on a clean floor. This way, you can make sure your shoes are still new and can guarantee the return policy. Walk around or jump in place to see if the shoe really fits your feet.
Extra Tips for Children
- If you are going to buy New Balance shoes for your kids, here are some more sizing fit suggestions:
- Don’t rely only on the age ranges. As you might know, every kid grows differently. A four-year-old child might fit in an infant’s size 11 or a preschool size 11.5. On the other hand, a grade-school boy might fit men’s size 7-2E even if he usually wears size 7-XW.
- Take your kids’ foot measurements (both width and length), and round up to the nearest measurements on the New Balance children’s size chart.
Even with big-name shoe brands like New Balance, it always seems to be tricky for lots of people, typically those buying New Balance shoes online for the first time. I hope the New Balance shoes fit guide and sizing charts above help you understand more about your feet as well as New Balance shoes’ sizes.