AQUATICS OFFICE: (254) 287-9430
Swimming in the pools after Smallpox vaccine is prohibited as a minimum 7 days and being medically released to use the pools
Come make a SPLASH!
Abrams Indoor Pool Operation Hours
62nd Street & Support Avenue, Bldg 23001
All patrons must enter through Abrams Physical Fitness Center.
Opened to authorize MWR Patrons
Patrons must present a valid DoD ID card to enter the pool area, with the exception of military personnel in uniform during PT hours.
Locker Rooms are available
Unit PT & Drown Proofing scheduling instructions
available at Abrams Pool
DFMWR Outdoor Swimming Pools Closed:
- All MWR Swimming Pools will be closed due to inclement weather.
- Admission Fees: In cases where pools close early due to thunder and lightning or maintenance issues, patrons who have been at the facility for less than one hour and are not season pass holders, will each receive a complimentary pass for one visit.
- Pool passes must be in the possession of the individual(s) to enter facility.
- Pool patrons ages 13 and above are required to show ID
- Pool patrons ages 12 and under must be accompanied by a representative who is 16 years or older.
Lap Lane Rules
- This is your pool - we want you to have fun in a safe manner and respect other pool patrons.
- Follow all instructions of the Lifeguards and Aquatic Staff.
- Take a shower before entering the water.
- NO running, ball playing, scuffling, dunking, or other forms of horseplay allowed.
- NO glass bottles or glass containers allowed.
- You CANNOT swim if you have a respiratory disease, other communicable/infectious disease, open wounds, or a bandage of any kind.
- NO swimming in the diving area.
- NO pets.
- NO diving or jumping from the sides of the pool.
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS- Please help us by watching your young children and non-swimmers at all times.
- NO food or beverages allowed in the pool area
- Max - 4 swimmers in lap lane
- Only 2 in lane split lane
- If 3 or more swimmers in a lane - circle swim
- Stay to the right of the lane except to pass
- If needed designated lanes for Fast or Slow Swimmers will be established.
- When resting in lap lane, stay to the sides/corners of the lanes.
- Rafts and Large Inflatable toys are not allowed in lap lanes.
- Do not hang on dividers.
- Exit lane for longer breaks.
ANY PERSON THAT DOES NOT COMPLY WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE FACILITY.
Lightning and Thunderstorms
Diving Board Rules
Patron safety should never be at risk.
Clear everyone from the water at the first sound of thunder or the first sight of lighting.
Wait 30 minutes after the sound of thunder or the sight of lightning before entering the pool.
"If you can see it, flee it; if you can hear it, clear it."
Avoid head and neck injuries use caution when diving
- Head and neck injuries can result from improper diving.
- To avoid such injuries, use caution when diving
- There may be added hazards for persons over 175 lbs.
- Do NOT double bounce on the diving board.
- Do NOT move fulcrum.
- Check water depth and do not dive out of water area.
- Please ask lifeguard where you are to dive.
- Only ONE person at a time on the diving board.
- Be sure diving area is clear before diving.
- Wait for previous diver to reach side of pool before diving.
- Do NOT swim under diving board.
- Dive straight off the board.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE ON
DUTY LIFEGUARDS OR THE AQUATICS OFFICE AT 287-9430.