AQUATICS OFFICE: (254) 287-9430
Smallpox vaccine and swimming is prohibited
IAW AR 215-1;8-20;d(3), dated 24 Sept 2010, which states “children and youth (15 years and under) must be actively participating in the same activity and under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian.
Sign Up Today - classes thru early June
Certification includes American Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR & AED. Each certification is valid for 2 years from the course completion date. more...
Come make a SPLASH!
Abrams Indoor Pool Operation Hours
Opened to authorize MWR Patrons
Patrons must present a valid DoD ID card to enter the pool area, with the exception of military personnel in uniform during PT hours.
62nd Street & Support Avenue, Bldg 23001
All patrons must enter through Abrams Physical Fitness Center.
Locker Rooms are available
All outdoor pools are open for Summer Season,
23 May 15 until 7 Sep 15
Season Pool Schedule:
• May 22 - Aug 23 Pools open 5 days a week
• Aug 29-7 Sep: Weekends plus Labor Day
Beat the summer heat and jump into one of Ft. Hood's many outdoor recreational pools. The weather is hot and the pools are not! So, enjoy a dip and cool off when you can! It's the perfect refresher for your body. Bring the entire Family along for a fun swim at the pool.
Outdoor Pools - Pool Pass Required
Daily Fee: $2.00
Season Pass: $50.00
F6 + $200.00
Cash or check only
- All MWR Swimming Pools will be closed due to inclement weather.
- Admission Fees: In cases where pools close early due to thunder and lightning or maintenance issues, patrons who have been at the facility for less than one hour and are not season pass holders, will each receive a complimentary pass for one visit. No refunds will be issued for stays at the facility one hour or greater.
- All requests for refunds must be submitted in writing or emailed to the Aquatics Manager at email@example.com. Refunds will not be submitted without a written request.
Unit PT & Drown Proofing Scheduling Instructions
Open to All (254) 287-7544
Bldg. 52932, Tank Destroyer Boulevard
23 May until 7 Sept, Open 5 days a week, Wed-Sun 12-8 pm
Features: 50 meter pool, Two diving boards - 1-meter and 3-meter high with 4 foot shallow end and 13 foot deep end, two water slides, lap lanes, lounge chairs and a wading pool.
Open to All (254) 287-5037
Bldg. 137, T.J. Mills Blvd. (Next to Fort Hood National Bank)
23 May until 7 Sep,Open 5 days a week, Fri-Tue 12-8 pm
Features: 50 meter pool, diving board, slides, lap lanes, picnic tables and lounge chairs.
West Fort Hood Pool
Open to All (254) 288-9838
Bldg. 91070, Headquarters Avenue
23 May until 7 Sep, Open 5 days a week, Mon-Fri 12-8 pm
Features: Slides, wading pool, shade tops, picnic tables and lounge chairs.
Open to All (254) 285-5837
Bldg. 5774, 24th Street & Tank Destroyer
23 May until 7 Sep, Open 5 days a week, Thu-Mon 12-8 pm
Features: Wading pool, diving boards, slides, shade tops, picnic tables and lounge chairs.
Open to CYSS CDC only (254) 287-8637
Bldg. 193, 37th Street (Behind PWC)
42nd St. Pool
13 ESC Pool
Lap Lane Rules
- This is your pool - we want you to have fun in a safe manner and respect other pool patrons.
- Follow all instructions of the Lifeguards and Aquatic Staff.
- Take a shower before entering the water.
- NO running, ball playing, scuffling, dunking, or other forms of horseplay allowed.
- NO glass bottles or glass containers allowed.
- You CANNOT swim if you have a respiratory disease, other communicable/infectious disease, open wounds, or a bandage of any kind.
- NO swimming in the diving area.
- NO pets.
- NO diving or jumping from the sides of the pool.
- PARENTS/GUARDIANS- Please help us by watching your young children and non-swimmers at all times.
- NO food or beverages allowed in the pool area
- Max - 4 swimmers in lap lane
- Only 2 in lane split lane
- If 3 or more swimmers in a lane - circle swim
- Stay to the right of the lane except to pass
- If needed designated lanes for Fast or Slow Swimmers will be established.
- When resting in lap lane, stay to the sides/corners of the lanes.
- Rafts and Large Inflatable toys are not allowed in lap lanes.
- Do not hang on dividers.
- Exit lane for longer breaks.
ANY PERSON THAT DOES NOT COMPLY WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE FACILITY.
Lightning and Thunderstorms
Diving Board Rules
Patron safety should never be at risk.
Clear everyone from the water at the first sound of thunder or the first sight of lighting.
Wait 30 minutes after the sound of thunder or the sight of lightning before entering the pool.
"If you can see it, flee it; if you can hear it, clear it."
Avoid head and neck injuries use caution when diving
- Head and neck injuries can result from improper diving.
- To avoid such injuries, use caution when diving
- There may be added hazards for persons over 175 lbs.
- Do NOT double bounce on the diving board.
- Do NOT move fulcrum.
- Check water depth and do not dive out of water area.
- Please ask lifeguard where you are to dive.
- Only ONE person at a time on the diving board.
- Be sure diving area is clear before diving.
- Wait for previous diver to reach side of pool before diving.
- Do NOT swim under diving board.
- Dive straight off the board.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE ON
DUTY LIFEGUARDS OR THE AQUATICS OFFICE AT 287-9430.