Hunter, based in Scotland, is a well-known global corporation known for its high-end, fashionable boots. The brand has received Royal Warrants of Appointment for providing waterproof shoes to the Queen of England and her husband as well, the Duke of Edinburgh.
Initially, a pair of work boots decided to name after its single color, hunter green, and they have evolved into a fashion statement. In fact, fakes do exist, as do many first-rate designer products; nevertheless, a careful examination can recognize knockoffs. And here is how to tell the difference between the real Hunter boots and a fake one:
- Check out the Hunter logo: Make sure it’s a registered trademark symbol, and that the font looks consistent and not stretched out.
- Take a good look at the sole: The real deal should have the Hunter name and logo etched onto it, and it should feel sturdy and well-made.
- Check the stitching: Authentic Hunter boots have tight, even stitching without any loose threads. If it looks uneven or messy, it might be a fake.
- Look at the hardware: Real Hunter boots have high-quality buckles and zippers that are strong and durable. Fakes might have flimsy hardware that breaks easily.
- Consider the price: Genuine Hunter boots are usually more expensive than the fakes, so if the price seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Check the packaging: Real Hunter boots come in a nice, sturdy box with the Hunter logo and product info. If it looks cheap or poorly made, it might not be authentic.
- Look for the label: Genuine Hunter boots have a label on the inside of the boot with the product information and logo. If it’s missing or looks low-quality, it might be a fake.
- Examine the material: Real Hunter boots are made with high-quality, waterproof materials like leather or rubber. Fakes might use cheap or inferior materials.
- Check the fit: Authentic Hunter boots should fit well around your foot and calf, without any gaps or looseness. If they don’t fit quite right, they might not be real.
- Research the seller: Make sure you’re buying from a reputable seller or retailer, and be careful of buying Hunter boots from unauthorized websites.
Inspect The Logo Label
The label is the very first and obvious thing to look at. Accordingly, the Hunter logo appears on the front of authentic Hunter boots. In particular, the logo must be composed of large, black block letters on a modern white rectangular badge with red border lines.
There should be no blotchy lines or smudged colors in the print, and it must also be clear and easy to read. Besides, the silver-buckled straps must include a Hunter logo etched into them.
Check the Insoles and Outsoles
Authentic Hunter boots are typically made of vulcanized natural rubber of the highest quality. In addition, the outsoles feature a zigzag pattern and profound treads for improved grip on wet or low-traction surfaces.
For maximum comfort, the insoles are specially cushioned and multilayered, with a unique orthopedic design. So, before you buy a pair of Hunter boots, take some time to try them on.
Also, check to see if the boots are comfy on your feet or not and if they match the official description.
Examine The Texture and Weight
Feeling the Hunter boots in your hands is always one of the greatest ways to tell a forgery from authenticity. In fact, genuine Hunter boots can be quite heavy due to their vulcanized rubber construction.
A genuine pair of Hunter boots typically weighs around 4 pounds, whereas knock offs will weigh much less due to the use of cheaper rubber. Stingy rubber might also feel stiff and rough, whereas high-quality natural rubber is far smoother.
Check the Style and Colors
Hunter’s authentic tall boots are typically available in ten classic colors. However, there are also seasonal styles that include additional colorways.
You can visit the Hunter’s official website to check and compare the designs to ensure that you are getting a genuine one. Remember that the color and finish must be consistent (no breaks) across all over the sides.
Counterfeiters frequently attempt to replicate the most common colors but are unable to replicate the perfect color. Keep in mind that knockoffs are typically two or three hues lighter or brighter than the originals.
Look for Online Stores You Can Trust
When purchasing Hunter boots available on the internet, it is always best to go with a reputable retailer. While other small and new websites might offer a lower price, authorized retailers ensure that the Hunter boots they sell are legitimate.
Here are a few more affirmations:
- On the used Hunter rubber boots, there are sometimes white powdery marks. When irresolvable particles start to come to the surface, this will occur. While it might amaze you, it is a sign of first-rate natural rubber, and you should never be concerned. A super clean finish can also be easily repaired by using Hunter’s boot shine buffer.
- Legitimate Hunter boots can be quite costly. The authentic Hunter tall boots cost around $110, and other unique styles (such as shearling-lined Hunter boots) can cost up to $250. Counterfeit Hunter boots, on the flip side, can be incredibly cheap.
- The size of Hunter boots is also relatively large (typically the tall styles). So, if you will not be wearing your Hunter boots with thick socks, just remember to get one size smaller to ensure a suitable fit.
Always purchase your Hunter boots from a trustworthy seller. Hunter Boot USA, for instance, is the official supplier for the United States, and they have a website where you can buy the boots. Also, look for an assurance of genuineness. Such guarantees are provided by legitimate sites; relatively poorly-known vendors might not.
Be really cautious of “too good to be true” deals. This can be a huge sign of fake Hunter boots. Accordingly, as of September 2011, the Hunter Original Tall Welly Boots have been online for $125.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it okay to wear Hunter boots in the snow?
Even as Hunter is best known for wellies and waterproof breathable that are not intended for freezing conditions, the company also offers a variety of insulated winter boots and snow boots for the harshest winter conditions.
Are original Hunter boots guaranteed to last a lifetime?
The answer is no. Hunter boots do not come with a lifetime guarantee. Genuine Hunter boots, on the other hand, come with a 24-month warranty. You must show the original receipt (receipt) from a licensed retailer.
Do genuine Hunter boots come in sizes large or small?
Going a half size down is typically advised, but reading the original Hunter boot fit guidance to make sure you purchase the correct size is very well worth your time.
Are genuine Hunter boots really vegan?
Because their wellies are typically made of first-rate natural rubber, the majority of the brand’s legendary and best-selling boots are all vegan. Besides, the brand even has a Vegan Collection of environmentally-friendly Wellington boots that are produced without the use of any animal materials or derivatives during the production process.
Are genuine Hunter rain boots manufactured in China?
Since 2008, the majority of Hunter rain boots have been manufactured in Asia, primarily in China. Hunter’s official website never actually reveals this information, but your brand new pair of original Hunter boots will almost certainly have a label with “Made in China” on the boots’ sole.
Are real Hunter boots manufactured in Indonesia?
According to the brand’s official website, its boots are manufactured by provider factories in the United Kingdom, Vietnam, Italy, Turkey, Thailand, Indonesia, India, and China.