Priority Bicycles is an NYC-based enterprise committed to making good quality bikes with low maintenance at affordable price ranges.
Let’s get started on finding out further!
- Priority Bicycles, based in New York, focuses in the design and manufacture of high-quality, low-maintenance bicycles.
- Dave Weiner launched the company in 2014 with the goal of creating a bike that was both economical and simple to maintain.
- Priority Bicycles has a novel belt drive system rather than a typical chain drive system, which requires less maintenance and lasts longer.
- The brand sells a variety of bikes, including commuter bikes, road bikes, and mountain bikes, all of which are designed with a low-maintenance mindset.
- Priority Bicycles also sells a variety of accessories, such as racks, fenders, and lights, to make commuting and cycling more convenient and safe.
- The company is dedicated to sustainability, employing recycled materials in its bikes and packaging and collaborating with environmentally beneficial organizations.
- Priority Bicycles has garnered multiple awards, including being named one of Fast Company’s “Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Cycling” in 2018.
- Several customers praise the bikes’ durability, comfort, and ease of use, and the brand has a dedicated client following.
- Priority Bicycles demonstrates its dedication to customer satisfaction by providing a 30-day money-back guarantee and a lifetime warranty on its frames.
- Overall, Priority Bicycles is a one-of-a-kind and forward-thinking firm that is making riding more accessible and pleasurable for people of all ages and abilities.
Overview of Priority Bicycles Company
David Weiner founded Priority, and he started the company targeting to create bikes that are good looking, cheap, without complicated technicalities which are simple to control and maintain. Comfort, hard-to-steel, and easy use are priorities.
Priority Bicycles are well known in hybrid, cruisers, and commuters for both men and women, some models for kids. Two features make its reputation including internal, pinion gearboxes and the gate carbon drive belts (does not require cleaning or lubricating).
This bike manufacturer has significantly revolutionized the bike industry by making premium quality, free maintenance, and long-life belt drivetrain. Besides, they also are well managed for keeping the affordable price.
History of Priority Bicycles Bikes
Priority Bicycles was founded by Dave Weiner and launched in 2012 after Dave stopped his job to pursue his desire to sell bikes.
His startup company used the Kickstarter campaign in 2014 to collate money and targeted to reach $30.000 in a few hours of launching. Finally, they had received $556.286 by the end of 30 days. That was an incredible result.
Priority bikes are created and targeted at the commuters who expect little to free maintenance. By using the belt drive rather than the traditional bike chain, they already achieved their goal. Priority bicycles are famous for puncture-resistant tires with double-wall rims for keeping all the models in superb condition.
They are still keeping a small NYC-based enterprise designing bikes without bells and whistles, despite the widely standard rise of the Priority brand. They do not have stores and operate their business online.
Priority Bicycles Ranges
They are making fifteen models on their bike ranges, categories in 8 bikes types including:
- City bikes (Coast, Classic Plus, Classic Plus Gotham, Brilliant L Train, Ace models)
- Gravel bikes (Apollo model)
- Step-through bikes (Turi model)
- Hybrid bikes (Continuum Onyx, 600 models)
- MTB Bikes (600X model)
- E-bikes (Embark, Current models)
- Kids bikes (Start 24”, Start 20” and Start 16” models)
Most Popular Priority Bicycles Models
It’s time to find out the list of top popular models from Priority Bicycles. Of course, each bike model is different from others, although they are primarily designed for transportation. However, remember that most bikes from Priority are not for highly bumpy terrain or rough surfaces. However, these are low maintenance and easy to take care of.
For further discussion of each model, keep reading!
City bikes: Priority Ace
Type: Fixie/ Single speed
Gears: Flip-flop hub (Gates Carbon Belt)
This bike brand is an innovative take on the popular single speed bike; Ace gets the unique flip flop hub between the fixed and single gears and runs on the quiet and clean belt system (Gates Carbon Drive). Mainly, you can quickly flip the cog overusing the essential tools, thanks to its simple design.
Being one of the most common bikes, Priority Ace comes in 2 variations, including Clubs and Spades. These two models look the same, but they come in some different components. The Clubs Ace is incredibly affordable, essential, and ideal for casual cyclists who expect smooth and everyday bikes. On the other hand, the Spades model is a more performance-oriented bike which is excellent for city riders who expect excitement, speed, and adrenaline.
Clubs is the traditional single speed for trips around the towns or commuting to work, with a 20T rear cog and a gate S150 crankset for a loose ball bearing front hub.
Spades Ace features a stiff carbon fork with a lightweight aluminum frame. As a result, spades Ace is a lighter and performance-focused single speed for crit racing or velodrome track. Additionally, this model is faster with the sealed bearing front hub, which has the Gates S300 crank and 20t Rear cog.
Both models feature four sizes, from minor to extra-large, with inseams ranging from 28.5-32.5.
Gravel Bikes: Apollo
Type: Gravel bikes
Gears: Alfine-11 speed, 409% gear range
Color: Deep space, ground control green
This bike model is famous for its Shimano Alfine 11-speed internal hub, 409% fear range. Hence, you will not have any trouble when climbing even the steepest of hills. Moreover, its gearing system is one of the best gears with a long and solid history of durability and efficiency.
The gears will be controlled by the shifter integrated into the right-hand brake lever. With just a simple press of a finger, you can change the gear up or down. This Alfine system will reduce mechanical failure possibilities because it comes with only rear gears and no derailleurs or external moving parts.
Gates Carbon Drive connected to the Alfine system. The carbon fiber reinforced belts are the first option for thousands of belt drive lovers. It will handle the pressure challenges and strain, and for long-distance riding better than the traditional steel train, it makes sure you will not be left stranded on the road with the broken drivetrain. Moreover, the belt does not need grease, which means it is easier to clean and less attracts dirt.
This model features the wide 700c x 40mm WTB Byway tires for the off-road terrain, which provide an excellent blend of slick road contact down the center and deep tread on the side for dealing with gravel. It makes this Apollo bike an ideal bike for both on and off-road.
Step-through bikes: Turi
Type: Step thru, city bike
Gear: Enviolo City CVT – 310% gear range
If you are expecting casual city rides, light commuting, or weekend leisure rides, Priority Turi will make your day. This bike does not require a lot of maintenance, and it is fuss-free, which you can ride all day, store overnight, and do the same thing for the next day without hassle in between.
Mainly, it features a lightweight aluminum frame that is designed in a step-through manner. Hence, it will allow you to quickly access and be suitable for both men and women. Its seat is made from vegan-friendly faux leather – weather resistance and high comfort. You can ride for hours without wearing special cycling underwear to avoid pain bum the following day.
Turi comes with hydraulic disc brakes, which are super solid and wide tires for good grip and comfort on unpredictable streets. Moreover, it will protect you from water, mud, and some gunk with the set of fonts and the rear fenders.
Thanks to its seamlessly shifting enviolo hub, it can go well up and down the hills effortlessly with the simple twist of wrists, free gear confusion. Unfortunately, most Turi are sold out before they are manufactured!
Hybrid bikes : Priority 600
Type: All daily road bike
Gear: 12 speeds – 600% gear range
This model is one of the most common and most expensive bikes from Priority. 600 comes with a special look with unique colors and lines. Besides, it is an excellent representative thanks to the ultralight aluminum frame, a simple and attractive design. Moreover, the carbon belt, accessories, versatile use, and pinion gearbox also attract riders.
600 features the 12 speed Pinion gearbox, which is fully enclosed in the bottom bracket. It has a massive 600% gear range which creates the same ratio as the traditional 30 gear bicycle. The rotary shifter controls its gearbox, and the power is converted to the wheel with the durable and maintenance-free carbon belt.
Six hundred can excellently tackle the gravel, dirt and stick to the tarmac thanks to its WTB horizon 650b tires, tubeless-ready and 47mm wide. In addition, this 600 Priority bike can perform well on/ off paved roads making it rideable in every kind of weather condition with the dual-piston hydraulic disc brake.
The 600 bike is precisely one of the complete bikes for daily commuters with robustness and elegance, which always stands out. Moreover, it features the integrated front hub dynamo power and the rear light, USB charging capabilities. Hence you never need to worry about your devices running out of battery when riding for long distances. Discover our latest guide about hybrid bikes for entry level.
MTB Bikes : 600X Priority
Type: Mountain bike
Gear: 600% gear range
Shortly, 600X comes with fast-rolling knobby tires, rust-free gates, carbon drive belt system, braze-on for extra gear, and all condition pinion gearbox, and you will be taken miles with this bike. Although it can easily ride through dusty and muddy areas, which means more maintenance and cleaning, this model will save you from this.
It features a lightweight aluminum frame. For those expecting the quiet and maintenance-free and chain-free bike, the 600X is a must-have bike. Clearing out the dust from between the drivetrain with water is the only maintenance you should do. Related beginner mountain bikes.
E-bikes – Embark
Type: Hybrid electric bike
Gear: Enviolo Trekking group (380% gear range)
Color: Charcoal and white
If you are looking for the strongest bike for struggling with hills, busy roads, and exhaustion, an E-bike will free up your time, make you completely satisfied. Embark is one of the best choices for awesome electric bikes on the market.
This bike features the modern look and ultra-lightweight aluminum frame with the super wider trekking tires, which can get you quickly over the unpaved and paved terrains. Besides, it features the great Bosch Active line Plus motor and the Bosch Powerpack battery.
Its motor develops up to 50NM torque. Hence, it can speed up to 25kph. The battery features 400Wh and offers an average range of 600km, which is more than enough for some weeks of riding for most commuters between 2 charges.
Embark is a versatile bike that supports you out when you need it. Although its price is relatively high, it is more than justified by the Bosch electric components. Besides, it is outfitted with the Enviolo trekking gearbox and 380% fear range. They offer the pedal. Hence, you can ride when running out of power.
Its 650b are tubeless-ready, and horizon tires are 47mm, which is quite broad. Its fronts and rear lights, carbon belts, fenders, kickstand, and three sizes are also great. Its weight is only 45lbs, how lightweight it is!
Kids bikes – Start 16”
Type: Kids pedal
Gear: Single speed
Color: 4 color options
The best thing this model offers for kids is the carbon belt which is grease-free and maintenance-free. Primarily, this Start 16″ is freewheel construction. Hence, the kids can freely turn the pedal backward.
This kid bike is suitable for 3-7-year-olds who are mastered in balance and ready to pedal on the real kid bike. The braking system is completed with the front and rear rim brakes activated with the short-reach brake levers, which will be easy to use for kids.
Start 16 “also features the low stand over clearance, making it easy and quick for getting on and off. Its air tires are treaded and wide. Thus, grips will not be an issue in any terrain conditions. If you feel that your kids are ready for pedaling, Priority start 16 is a choice of durability and quality. See also affordable kids bikes you shouldn’t miss.
Priority Bike Price Range
Priority bikes come in a wide range of prices, and this brand is considered a high-cost hybrid bike with 600 models, which cost almost $2.300. Their kid’s bikes are from $300-$400. Their E-bike costs more than $3000; its price is super incredible. You can also find some affordable bikes such as the 600X or Ace from $500-700.
Are Priority Bikes Any Good?
Yes, of course! Priority bikes are in the line of high-quality bikes made of durable materials and excellent famous brand components. They are expected for beginners and advanced riders, and they will last for years on thousands of miles. I can tell you that there are no cheap components on Priority Cycles bikes.
Priority vs Jamis Bikes (Hybrid bikes)
These are all famous bike brands in the market. Let me help you to figure out the differences between two famous models from these two brands, including Jami’s coda S2 and Priority Continuum Onyx.
|Specification||Priority Continuum Onyx||Jamis coda S2|
|Price||Much expensive ($1.300)||Low price ($700)|
|Frame materials||Ultralight 6061 T6 aluminum||High tensile Steel|
|Tires||Klondike snow tires||Vittoria Randonneur|
|Brakes||Flat Mount disc brakes||Hydraulic disc brakes|
Priority bikes (32 lbs) are slightly heavier than Jamis (27 lbs), but it is not significant. These two bikes are at the top of the best hybrid bikes. However, if you are looking for low-budget bikes, Jamis Coda S2 will be the smart choice. At the same time, for a better experience and easy use with minimum maintenance, you can not ignore Priority Continuum Onyx. Let’s take your time and make the best decision!
What makes Priority Bicycles different from other bike brands?
Priority Bicycles is unique in that it focuses on producing low-maintenance bikes that are simple to operate and inexpensive. Instead of a standard chain, the company employs a belt drive system, which requires less maintenance and lasts longer.
What types of bikes does Priority Bicycles offer?
Priority Bicycles sells a variety of bikes, including commuter bikes, road bikes, and mountain bikes, all of which are created with a low-maintenance mindset.
How does Priority Bicycles ensure customer satisfaction?
Priority Bicycles demonstrates its dedication to customer satisfaction by providing a 30-day money-back guarantee and a lifetime warranty on its frames.
What is Priority Bicycles’ commitment to sustainability?
Priority Bicycles employs recycled materials in their bikes and packaging and collaborates with environmentally friendly organizations to promote sustainability.
Where can I buy Priority Bicycles?
Priority Bicycles are sold on the company’s website as well as at select bike stores and merchants throughout the United States.
What are customers saying about Priority Bicycles?
Several consumers compliment the bikes on their longevity, comfort, and ease of use. With a 4.8-star rating on Trustpilot and a 4.7-star rating on Google, the company has a dedicated consumer base.
Has Priority Bicycles received any awards or recognition?
Indeed, Priority Bicycles was recognized one of Fast Company’s “Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Cycling” in 2018, among many other honors for its unique designs and commitment to sustainability.
- What makes Priority Bicycles different from other bike brands?
- Priority Bicycles is unique in its focus on creating low-maintenance bikes that are easy to use and affordable. The company uses a belt drive system instead of a traditional chain, which requires less maintenance and lasts longer. (Source: Priority Bicycles website)
- What types of bikes does Priority Bicycles offer?
- Priority Bicycles offers a range of bikes, including commuter bikes, road bikes, and mountain bikes, all designed with the same low-maintenance philosophy. (Source: Priority Bicycles website)
- How does Priority Bicycles ensure customer satisfaction?
- Priority Bicycles offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a lifetime warranty on its frames, demonstrating its commitment to customer satisfaction. (Source: Priority Bicycles website)
- What is Priority Bicycles’ commitment to sustainability?
- Priority Bicycles uses recycled materials in its bikes and packaging, and partners with eco-friendly organizations to promote sustainability. (Source: Priority Bicycles website)
- Where can I buy Priority Bicycles?
- Priority Bicycles are available for purchase on the company’s website, as well as at select bike shops and retailers across the United States. (Source: Priority Bicycles website)
- What are customers saying about Priority Bicycles?
- Many customers praise the bikes’ durability, comfort, and ease of use. The company has a loyal customer base, with a 4.8-star rating on Trustpilot and a 4.7-star rating on Google. (Source: Trustpilot, Google)
- Has Priority Bicycles received any awards or recognition?
- Yes, Priority Bicycles has been named one of the “Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Cycling” by Fast Company in 2018, and has received numerous other accolades for its innovative designs and commitment to sustainability. (Source: Fast Company)