White Sneakers are essential items that teens or adults should own at least one pair because of their convenience and fashion. In particular, white mesh shoes are becoming more and more popular. However, white mesh shoes are more susceptible to staining and need to be handled with care. And not many people know how to clean white mesh shoes. Do not worry. Keeping the white mesh shoes is not as difficult as you might think. The following article will guide how to clean convenient and straightforward white mesh shoes.
How to Clean White Mesh Shoes Quickly?
Apply the toothbrush gently. You should use a soft toothbrush.
Brush the dirt areas. You start eliminating the dirt particles with a soft touch.
Smooth the entire shoe gently. After brushing the stained areas, you close the session with this step. Remember not to clean so strong to avoid brawling the material.
Use wipes to clean the dirt off. Instead of washing your shoes under the water, you should use wipes to get the dirt off.
You use this process to clean your white shoes when they are dry. For instance, you walk on the street, and your shoes pull up dirt and dust, you can easily wash them with these straightforward steps above. However, this method cannot deal well with quick stains such as drinks or salsa.
Before coming to other methods for cleaning the white mesh shoes, let’s discover a little bit about the mesh fabric to get a deeper knowledge and avoid harmful things to your shoes.
Mesh Fabric and Some Features
How is the Mesh Fabric Generally Used?
Mesh fabrics in the industry are not ordinary textiles from grass materials, but the fabric is woven from PVC or PP. These fabrics are not woven horizontally and vertically as we know them but are woven differently.
Unlike conventional fabric, mesh fabric has a ‘mesh’ design that follows its name. The difference here is that the mesh fabric is manufactured with plastic. Do not weave horizontally like fabrics made of silk or natural fibers. Mesh fabric is made from plastic particles. The processing process has created a mesh fabric with a certain hardness, meeting each use case’s needs.
Mesh fabrics have diversified applications in the manufacture of sea hammocks, baby cushions, beds, tablecloths, and storage bags. These items all have outstanding advantages and meet the user’s requirements, so they are welcome and choose to buy more. The current furniture manufacturing industry has been gradually applying this mesh fabric. All are guaranteed to bring quality products, bringing convenience in life.
Besides, elastic mesh fabric is a popular fabric on the market today. Mesh spandex features a 4-way ultra-strong stretch, giving us a sense of comfort every time we move strongly.
Therefore, this material is often used to make sportswear, especially white mesh shoes. Mesh fabric is both suitable for sports and physical activities and not afraid of obsolescence over time.
Different Types of Mesh Fabric
|Features||Polyester Mesh||Nylon Mesh||Tulle||Power Mesh||Powernet|
|What is it used to make?||athletic apparel, sportswear||laundry bags, tent screens, garments||dance garments||shapewear garments, sportswear||shaping apparel (bras, control slips, top tights)|
As you can see, there are 5 types of mesh fabric. Each type has specific features with different usage.
This type is immensely breathable, lightweight, and moisture-wicking. Therefore, the polyester mesh is often used to manufacture athletic apparel and sportswear as sweat cannot make it be bogged down.
People do not usually use nylon mesh to make apparel. Instead, it is chosen to make laundry bags, tent screens, or garments such as evening dresses. As you may know, one of the most prevalent applications of this type is in beekeeping veils.
Tulle is usually made from nylon or polyester and is used to produce brightly-colored dance garments like an accent.
Apart from shapewear garments and sportswear, the power mesh is sometimes used to make home decor thanks to its sheer appearance and compression abilities. Power mesh is given name to a mesh type that is more elastic and suitable for shapewear than polyester or nylon mesh.
The Powernet features the dense weave so that it is frequently used in shaping apparel. In some situations, the terms Powernet and power mesh might be used interchangeably.
How to Clean Your White Mesh Shoes by Yourself at Home
- Cold and warm water
- Laundry detergent
- Soft cloth
- Bristled toothbrush (soft)
- Plastic spray bottle
- White vinegar
Six Simple Steps
Step 1: Scrub the shoe areas
Firstly, you use the bristle brush to scrub the shoe’s sole. This is a straightforward step to remove the light soil from the white mesh shoes. Besides, if you see some dirt on the top part, you can scrub it equally until it is clean.
Then, you use your heater or boiler to warm up three water cups. Add a teaspoon of dish soap (mild) before stirring the water thoroughly. Stop stirring when you see suds form and dampen a used toothbrush with the mixture.
Step 2: Use lukewarm water to soak your white shoes
Before soaking your shoes in the lukewarm water, you have to pull all the laces off. After that, you leave the shoes until you see a great amount of dirt take off. If the dirt is in greater amounts, you might want to change the water.
Step 3: Use the laundry detergent
The laundry detergent in this step is used to wash your shoelaces. To begin with, you spread laundry detergent over the laces’ dirt areas. Afterward, you put them in a dedicated bag and launder. When finishing washing, you can hang them up to air dry.
Step 4: Make use of vinegar
If the stains on your shoes are not out, or the white mesh changes into yellow, you should apply a little bit of vinegar. Spray the white vinegar on discolored spots and let them dry in the sun. Let them dry up for 40 mins and above. The sun rays and the vinegar might whiten the mesh naturally.
Step 5: Handle the remaining dirt with the stain remover
Understandably, you aim to cleanse your shoes completely. So, in case you take your shoes out of the water, and they still look grimy, you may need a stain remover or stain lifter. You spray the stain remover over the shoes until they are damp.
Step 6: Dry up the white mesh shoes
Before drying your shoes, you can use a crumpled paper towel to clean entirely and put some cloth or towel inside the shoes. By doing that, the dry time will be shortened. Then, you hang your shoes and place them outside to air dry.
Additional Methods to Clean Your White Mesh Shoes
Method 1: Use Bleach
- Bleach solution (1 tablespoon)
- Scrub brush/ toothbrush
- Cotton cloth
- Disposable hand gloves
- Clean water (5 tablespoons)
- First, you mix the water and bleach in a container and mix them well.
- Soak the scrub brush in the mixture for a few minutes.
- Wear the hand gloves and apply the soaked brush on dirty areas of your shoes.
- Clean the dirt and scuff marks appropriately with the brush.
- Clean the shoes under the water and use a dry cloth to wipe off the excess water.
- Place your shoes in the room corner or under the stairs for a few hours to dry up.
As bleach is a little bit of a harsh agent, you should use it in a limited quantity. Besides, you have to wear hand gloves to keep your hands clean and safe.
Method 2: Try hydrogen peroxide and baking soda
- Baking soda (1 tablespoon)
- Hydrogen peroxide solution (half tablespoon)
- Water (half tablespoon)
- Small pot
- Soft-bristled toothbrush
- Take a container and pour hydrogen peroxide solution into it first.
- Then, pour water and baking soda.
- Use the bristled toothbrush to mix the liquid properly.
- Use the cotton cloth to clean your shoes gently.
- After that, apply the liquid solution with the soft toothbrush on your white mesh shoes.
- Rub the dirt and scuff marks nicely
- After finishing, let the shoes dry for 30 minutes to 1 hour at least.
- Rinse them with clean water and air-dry again for a few hours.
You should watch the following video to know the procedure step by step. It will provide you a clear idea of what you will do.
Method 3: Use white toothpaste
- Soft-bristled toothbrush
- White non-gel toothpaste
- Wet cotton cloth
- Dampen a cotton cloth with water
- Use the damp cloth to wet your mesh shoes. Do not soak your shoes in the water, as you just need to keep them wet a little bit to apply the toothpaste easily.
- Use your fingers to apply some of the white non-gel toothpaste to your shoes. You should apply the paste on areas where more stain marks and scuff marks are present.
- Once you finish applying completely, use the soft-bristled toothbrush to rub and apply more on your shoes.
- Finally, wipe all the toothpaste and dirt away with the wet cloth.
- Your white mesh shoes will become white and shine again with this effective yet simple home remedy.
The white toothpaste has a perfect chemical solution, so they are suitable to clean your stained and dirty shoes. Instead of brushing your teeth, you do your shoes carefully with appropriate care.
To know how to use toothpaste to clean your stained shoes, kindly watch this video.
Method 4: Use an Oxiclean stain remover
- Oxiclean stain remover (six ounces)
- Soft-bristled toothbrush
- Warm water
- Dry cotton cloth
- Mix the Oxiclean stain remover powder with the warm water in a container.
- Take the toothbrush to mix the solution.
- Make your shoes wet with the damp cotton cloth before starting to scrub the dirty areas.
- Scrub the dirt and mud well. Keep in mind to move the brush in a circular motion if you want the best results.
- When you have done, wipe all the muddy foam off your shoes with the wet cloth.
- Eventually, let the shoes dry for a few hours.
Oxiclean is also a fine stain remover brand. This remover is multi-purpose and versatile, which allows you to use it for clothes and dirty white mesh shoes. In comparison with the bleach method, this one is cleaner and safer.
To know the process more clearly, you can watch this video.
Method 5: Use the shaving cream system
- Shaving cream
- White foam stamp
- Smooth washcloth or brush
- First, click to grab a small amount of white shaving cream.
- Use a smooth brush or old face washcloth to rub the shaving cream over your sneakers gently.
- After finishing rubbing, leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Then, use a toothbrush or wet towel and slowly wipe the stain gently until it is spotless.
- If you see no change in the stain, don’t worry. Let your shoes dry for a while, and then apply shaving cream again later.
- Repeat the previous cleaning step by rinsing and using a wet cloth or brush to wipe.
Shaving cream will help you remove oil stains on shoes. Remember to stick the white foam stamp. This critical step is to make sure the gel is working properly. Also, make sure the shaving cream doesn’t turn red, or it will discolor your shoes.
Method 6: Use a shoe cleaning kit
- A bottle of cleaning solution
- A soft bristle brush helps you scrub on all shoe materials: fabric, leather, suede, rubber. The soft fur does not cause ruffling when cleaning on the fabric and does not cause scratches when cleaning on leather shoes.
- An ultra-soft and hygroscopic cotton wiper helps you to clean all shoes after cleaning thoroughly.
- A compact water tank makes it convenient to clean shoes wherever you are.
- A compact pocket with a safety zipper so you can take it anywhere, anytime.
- First, get a dedicated cleaning solution from the container.
- Insert existing shoe trees into your mesh shoes to keep them balanced and not spilled during the cleaning process. This shoe tree is very convenient and helps you a lot.
- Once you have prepared it, use different cleaning brushes to apply it to the liquid on the top of your mesh shoe. Make sure the solution is spread evenly over the shoe.
- Look for dirt on the shoe and rub it until it is spotless. The soft bristle brush will help you clean the mesh shoes on both the midsole and the outsole.
- After cleaning your shoes, use the laundry bag in the kit to cover the outside of your net shoes.
- Now, put these protected shoes in your washing machine. Don’t forget to adjust the setting to low load and use cold water to wash shoes in the washer. Start the engine so that it finishes the shoe cleaning step.
- After the shoe is washed, take the shoe out and dry naturally for a few hours.
How Do You Dry the White Mesh Shoes Properly?
Some people might not want to dry their mesh shoes in the electric dryer. So, the air dry will be the best solution. You should follow these instructions to dry your shoes properly.
- Fill the hard paper sheets inside your shoes
- Then, air-dry your white mesh shoes
- Take the sheets out and let the shoes dry thoroughly
In fact, drying your shoes in the sun is an optimal method as it is good for your shoes. The sun seems to be the largest sanitizer, according to the affirmation of the Sunlight Institute. Its intense light will kill all the bacteria-producing odors.
In many cases, you do not want to remove your footwear, try placing them in the sun so that the stinky odors can disappear. Besides, the light can lighten the difficult stains and give your shoes a fresh look.
Does the peroxide turn the white shoes yellow?
The peroxide is just a mild bleach that can vanish the yellow stains on your shoes. To be more specific, it is a viscous, clear liquid having oxidizing properties. It is popularly used as a disinfectant and a stain remover. It will not make your shoes turn yellow, but it might cause yellow-colored stains on your clothes. So, be careful when using it to clean your white mesh shoes.
How can I dry white shoes without changing them into yellow?
Simply, you stuff the shoes with paper sheets before letting them air-dry overnight naturally. Some bleaches, detergents, and whitening products contain ingredients that are likely to make your white shoes yellowish. Therefore, you should not use professional or natural solutions instead of harsh detergents.
Can I put mesh shoes in the washing machine?
You should not put your mesh shoe in the washing machine as the mesh will be weakened by wear and tear. At the same time, the heat will damage the color brightness when the machine dries your shoes. Although it seems to be the fastest washing method, it is not highly recommended owing to the adverse effect.
How can I protect the white mesh shoes?
The optimal method is to pre-treat your white mesh shoes by using stain repellents. Most stain repellent types can work well with the mesh fabric. Besides, you can apply the water repellent after the stain repellent layer dries. You should repeat this process every 2-3 weeks to make sure the shoes keep stain-free.
Should I wear my white mesh shoes with baking soda inside?
Baking soda will not have enough power to handle a pair of white mesh shoes that smell too heavy. If you want to get rid of foul odors, you can sprinkle baking soda on your shoes when you are not using them and leave them on overnight. After getting up in the morning, pour out the dough.
Can I soak my white mesh shoes in vinegar?
The answer is yes. To clean white mesh shoes with vinegar, you can mix the mixture according to the formula of 2 parts vinegar and 1 part hot water. Then, let the primer soak in this solution for several hours. One of the best natural antiseptics is vinegar, which will help you kill the bacteria that lurk in your shoes.
What method should I use to clean white mesh sneakers?
There are many methods you can follow in cleaning white sneakers. Some of the standard methods that many people use are using shaving cream, baking soda and vinegar, a mixture of soap and dishwashing liquid, using alcohol or alcohol, and using toothpaste.
How can I clean the soles of my white mesh shoes?
You can clean the sole of the white mesh shoes by using baking soda and white vinegar. First, you mix one cup of water with one teaspoon of baking soda and two teaspoons of white vinegar. Then, use an old toothbrush or a soft washcloth to scrub your sneakers clean. Alternatively, you can also make a cleaning mixture by spreading 1/2 tablespoon of the hydrogen peroxide/water mixture with one tablespoon of baking soda.
All of the methods outlined above will help sneakers maintain their whiteness and prolong their lifespan. It is essential that you monitor the shoe, clean it at least once a week, and store it properly. If you take care of your shoes regularly, old stains can be easily removed while minimizing new stains.
After reading this article, you now have grasped some knowledge about mesh fabric and some useful methods to handle your shoes’ dirt and mud. Be sure to use safe and effective ways of cleaning sneakers. Hopefully, you already know how to clean white mesh shoes to protect them through this article.